This is the Elder/Mason Thread

Rickman78

what do ppl think the score will be?

im going with 2-1 elder....both of elders goals off corners or throw ins...i think mason defesive is very good but thier keeper is not so good...look for elder to attack their keeper...as for mason offensive i think they will get a goal through the run of play...but elders defensive will stay solid and hold onto the victory....im saying 2-1 Elder.......any thoughts?

3-0 Elder, our offense is too good for Mason's defense, not only goalkeeping. Mason won't score a goal on us, our defense is too solid and Mason is too weak physically. I don't think one of Mason's players can take our toughness. We'll win every ball in the air, win every fifty fifty ball, and let Mason ----- to the ref like they did in the Colerain game.

Good luck to Mason, you're going to need it but I don't even think luck is going to help you.

I have no idea what is maing you so confident. Way to try and give some fire to mason when it is not what Elder should want. Especially against a dangerous Mason squad.

Maybe my last post was alittle aggressive. Mason is no doubt a great team. I just believe if we can get in their heads, they won't be able to play the way they usually play. I think the better and hotter team will win, and we, in my honest opinion are the better and hotter team.

Ok, you may be hotter right now...agreed. But why instill some fire in Mason on Yappi?? What happened to Milford when they talked bad about Elder on yappi? It definitely gave Elder some fire. Keep those comments with your teammates. Yappi words don't scare teams away or get in their heads to make them play in a negative manner. Talk after the game.

Maybe my last post was alittle aggressive. Mason is no doubt a great team. I just believe if we can get in their heads, they won't be able to play the way they usually play. I think the better and hotter team will win, and we, in my honest opinion are the better and hotter team.

i think a little aggressive is an understatement. the colerain game was an extremely physical game and mason, an undersized opponent, more than held there own. and as for holding there composure, im pretty sure "getting into their heads" of the #1 team in cincinnati and one of two undefeated teams in the state won't be an issue.

when it comes to the hotter team, i don't really sure elder can even qualify as so. when you play "powerhouses" like badin, fenwick, moeller, and x's during the regular season, its hard to compare yourself to a legitamate team like mason who competes and beats teams like west and colerain (tie in the regular season).

i know that information is in the past, but as of now, there is no stopping mason. i'm looking forward to seeing the real matchup between mason and west/beavercreek on saturday. it's hard to go against a team who hasnt lost in 19 straight games.

mason rolls 2-0
(2-1 if elder gets in mason's head :) )

Last edited:
3-0 Elder, our offense is too good for Mason's defense, not only goalkeeping. Mason won't score a goal on us, our defense is too solid and Mason is too weak physically. I don't think one of Mason's players can take our toughness. We'll win every ball in the air, win every fifty fifty ball, and let Mason ----- to the ref like they did in the Colerain game.

Good luck to Mason, you're going to need it but I don't even think luck is going to help you.

As I've posted before, not a big fan of the panthers, and this is the reason why. Again, not attacking the whole campus, but as athletics go, you seem overly confident, for whatever reason. It just comes across a little over the top. Which is fine, but as some have pointed out, I'm not sure your team mates are going to be particularly thrilled you are running your mouth about a team who as yet to be breached. As a GCL team you already carry a very big target on your backs, and it continues to grow. It is nice to be confident in your team and believe you will win, but I might hold back those comments until you are sure. If Mason is on fire like we all believe, I think you might have just stoked it up a bit more.

definitely a game to come out and watch
overall both teams pretty evenly matched
Elder finds a way to break down Mason's defense and capitalizes
Elder by 1

Everyone that is a soccer fan should be at this game! Let's pack the stands and make it a game that no one will ever forget!!!!

Tuesday 10/30
7:00 at Princeton!

IMO Mason is the better team. I saw Elder play Wayne and I wasn't that impressed with Elder. Mason scored 2 quick goals then let off alittle. I bet Mason won't do that with Elder

3-0 Mason, all three goals scored in the first half.

our offense is too good for Mason's defense, Mason won't score a goal on us, our defense is too solid and Mason is too weak physically. I don't think one of Mason's players can take our toughness. We'll win every ball in the air, win every fifty fifty ball

wow. nothing like giving your opponent a little incentive. lol

that just might be the kiss of death right there.

I have a feeling that Elder's over confidence is going to get them into some trouble. Both teams are very good, but it seems like Elder has the bigger head. I can see this being a great game, going into over time, and Mason taking it 1-0 or 2-1.

If you need incentive from a post by a high school kid on Yappi you may be in trouble already.

Come on man. I seriously doubt that Mason "needs" any incentive from an opponent on Yappi. The point I was trying to make is that by talking smack might not be the smartest thing to do. You're just adding fuel to the fire when you do that & you better hope like h*ll that it doesn't backfire on you.

I have a feeling that Elder's over confidence is going to get them into some trouble. Both teams are very good, but it seems like Elder has the bigger head. I can see this being a great game, going into over time, and Mason taking it 1-0 or 2-1.

The people who are saying this are just Elder fans and not the players so I don't think that Elder is over confident at least the team. The fans can be as confident as they want to be but the team know this will be a tough one. I think Elder will be ready and will come out to give Mason one of the toughest games they have had all year if not the toughest.

The people who are saying this are just Elder fans and not the players so I don't think that Elder is over confident at least the team. The fans can be as confident as they want to be but the team know this will be a tough one. I think Elder will be ready and will come out to give Mason one of the toughest games they have had all year if not the toughest.

Spoken like a true player of the game! Keep everything diplomatic until a victor is crowned, then talk it up.. Will be a great game....Just as the polls suggested all year, no denying these teams have been 1 and 2 all season for a reason....Will be a great game to watch..Everyone is invited... Bring the family, the friends, the pets, and even the rude neighbor from down the street to this one!

Carroll played Mason in preseason and tied 1 - 1. Mason had several shots on goal that hit the crossbar, post, etc. Carroll got smacked 4 - 0 by Elder on 4 goals by Meyer. That's a game we'd rather forget. One thing to note is that Carroll had just put in a new defensive scheme. On paper, it looks like Elder should win. However, my gut is that Mason will figure out how to stop the potent scoring threat for Elder and come away with a 2 - 1 victory in the first OT.

OK. On Friday October 26, I saw His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet speak at Elliot Hall of Music. He is a very wise man, and pretty much knows everything. Anyways, after the speech I asked him about the game and he said Mason by 2. I think that pretty much settles it.

how do u guys think these teams compair to Milford, fairfield, st x of 2 years ago.....and fairfield a year ago.....i would have to say cincy soccer is on the rise with these teams doing very well in the tourny.....

Mason wins this easy. Their d is way too strong, meyer wont get anything because he will be shut down by niro bean and their other outside back. It will be a good matchup in the middle with corbett and patterson even though patterson will flop like usual.

mason 3
elder 0

Mason/Elder

Mason wins this easy. Their d is way too strong, meyer wont get anything because he will be shut down by niro bean and their other outside back. It will be a good matchup in the middle with corbett and patterson even though patterson will flop like usual.

mason 3
elder 0

Guess not......did you at least get the part about Patterson "flopping" right?