The world does not revolve around the sport of wrestling

wrestlfan

where are all these exponential deaths of a million people? Do you know ANYONE that has it? I know, I know there is a 2 week incubation period. Yet the 2 week incubation period is wrapping up. If course the number of diagnoses are going to increase because they are just now testing!! duh....

WGTJ

"Castro, who brought 19 athletes to the event, said he believes part of the overreaction is related to ire directed at President Donald Trump. Castro said he concurred with his school president, Jerry Falwell Jr., who argued on Fox News earlier in the day that the coronavirus was being used by Democrats to impeach the president."

Lol, Falwell is a F-ing moron. You can't make this garbage up...ahahahhhahahahaha

wash.c.h.legend

"Castro, who brought 19 athletes to the event, said he believes part of the overreaction is related to ire directed at President Donald Trump. Castro said he concurred with his school president, Jerry Falwell Jr., who argued on Fox News earlier in the day that the coronavirus was being used by Democrats to impeach the president."

Lol, Falwell is a F-ing moron. You can't make this garbage up...ahahahhhahahahaha
Do you expect anything less from this idiot?

OCEagle

Didn't know the democrats were now based in North Korea and China.

Falwell's comment was that North Korea and China orchestrated the spread of the virus to hurt Trump's chances for re-election. It would be a good idea for the reporter to get the story straight before writing comments that leads to others parroting it around without looking to see what was actually said. The handling of the virus in Wuhan China was deplorable and has lead to the pandemic "crisis" that everyone now has to suffer under in the form of limitations on our "normal" way of life until it is brought under control. There are legitimate questions being asked about the origin of the virus in Wuhan. Wuhan reportedly has two facilities within it that have been linked to the Chinese bio-warfare program. That was reported on by the Washington Times (not the Washington Post) back in late January 2020. That was information provided by an Israeli biological warfare expert. I have no idea if it is true, but once it is published, like many other articles, people accept it as fact and start linking data points together with speculation in the absence of other supporting facts. Since China is now trying to blame it on the US Army spreading it to China from Italy, I suppose any speculation is as good as the other. Have also heard it was from eating bat soup and pandas - along with it spreading in some form from a fish market that the outside world has been denied access to.

This is an additional comment Falwell made on Fox News:

Falwell said the media is fabricating coronavirus coverage so it appears it is a fault on the president’s leadership after former special counsel Robert Mueller's probe and the president's impeachment failed to remove him from office

Take that comment for what it is worth, but it is no different that the idiotic comments coming from the democrats. See how the stories get paraphrased into a false claim?

The thing that is clear is that Falwell never said it was a plot by the democrats to impeach Trump.

wrestlfan

IF all this is true and the incubation period is 2 weeks, then the crap should really start hitting the fan today. If this is true, the number of deaths tomorrow should be creeping toward 1000. Then the number of deaths on wed. should hit 1200 plus. On Thursday the number of deaths should be what 2000? Within the next 14 days all of those that contracted this virus 2 weeks ago when Zero or minimal precautions were taken, they should be S. O. L. Within the next 10 days we should be over or under 50,000?

Joe Daugherty

IF all this is true and the incubation period is 2 weeks, then the crap should really start hitting the fan today. If this is true, the number of deaths tomorrow should be creeping toward 1000. Then the number of deaths on wed. should hit 1200 plus. On Thursday the number of deaths should be what 2000? Within the next 14 days all of those that contracted this virus 2 weeks ago when Zero or minimal precautions were taken, they should be S. O. L. Within the next 10 days we should be over or under 50,000?
Only if tested . If you don’t confirm/ test it’s not official??????

CoachHoversten

The thing about opinions is that everyone has one. Put all the opinions on a rainbow and everyone on the left side of the arc thinks the opinions on the right are as crazy as the one's on the right think about the left, and the ones in the middle are just "clueless".

I myself do not believe the virus is fake, or a political ploy, but as a numbers guy, I do think it is being overblown massively. In the US, we have had 86 deaths from COVID-19. Meanwhile, this year's flu season has been dubbed as "low to moderate" by the CDC, and we have had approximately 36,000,000 people get the flu, with 22,000 deaths from it. And we have this every year.

I took my 1 year old to his 1-year checkup on Saturday and asked the doctor, "shouldn't we do this every year then? Wouldn't we limit the spread of the flu by doing this same thing every year?" and he said flatly, yes it would curb the flu spread.

So if this is about saving lives as we are told every time a liberty and freedom is taken from us, and more restrictions become the norm, why don't we do this for the flu every Winter?

In 2009, 22 million Americans were diagnosed with the Swine Flu, resulting in 4,000 deaths. Why didn't we do this then?

Something doesn't add up....may not be a conspiracy towards Trump, but the reaction by the media and politicians is completely overblown when compared to previous viruses we have dealt with.

I am more scared of society in these times than I am of the virus...people are already fighting over food at stores in CA and it hasn't been a week...what if this goes months?

Just because someone's opinion differs from yours doesnt mean they are an idiot, because then they have the same right to say that about you b/c yours differs from theirs. It's just different.

So no matter where your opinion falls on the rainbow, whether my opinion mirrors yours or is totally opposite, be kind to one another, help a neighbor.

Quarantine won't save civilization, us not turning on each other will.

wlpdrpat

Here is a quote from an article on Foxnews.com last night that has also been said in one way or another on every other news source that should help to shed some light:

"It is in the interest of young people to take this seriously, to listen to what people are saying and to really take seriously that this isn't just about them," Pavlich said. "You had Dr. Birx today talk about how this is about saving the greatest generation. The millennial generation can step up and do that."

So, it is about saving the boomer generation. The generation that currently controls the majority of the wealth and power. The virus appears to be targeting the elderly and frail, which in most cases are the same.

When the boomers were teens and twenties if something like this happened they would be marching in the streets and telling the establishment to go.... Now that they are the establishment they want everyone to fall inline with what is in their best interests and if you don't....

They want to "delay the pain" of the virus to give themselves time to develop a vaccine because during a state of national emergency they can force vaccination even if you have already had the virus and the govt will pay for it at about $100 each x 350M = $35B in the space of a few months. Given that many of them have significant interest in those big pharma companies you would almost think it is a conflict of interest. But if they frame it in a way that makes them look like heros... Just saying because they are also the same companies that control all of the news media.

Hmmm...we have a financial crisis that we all know is coming - Social Security. Too many people retiring and not enough people working to support the system. Solution...genetically manipulated virus that targets the elderly and we can blame it on China. Our response...social distancing to save the elderly or is it just to help a few companies make billions at our expense or maybe both.

Today there is less than 0.001% of the population that have been confirmed to have the virus.

Personally, I think Ohio had the coronavirus back in Jan/Feb when dozens of schools closed to curb the spread but given there wasn't a test for it at that point they called it the flu. However, the symptoms experienced were identical to those described as the coronavirus.

I have friends in Italy and Spain where they are currently on lock down as well and have a much higher infection rate. However, they report that it only appears to be affecting the old and unhealthy. If the younger generations getting infected they aren't getting the symptoms or they are so mild that it is passed off as a common cold.

Sometimes the process of natural selection works exactly the way that it should. A plague wipes out of a segment of the population and the species gets stronger. Of course, we love to fight against natural selection.

Guess we will eventually know what happened in a few years because the truth always outs... You know like OJ definitely killed his x-wife and her drug dealer... Bill definitely never inhaled... Cosby was definitely a serial rapist... Blah, blah, blah...

Wrestling should be the center of the universe...the world would make a lot more sense that way.

TJ22

The problem is that one opinion is backed by medical professionals who have spent a lifetime in health care and research and the other opinion is backed by the Sean Hannity's of the world who have absolutely no medical background.. I have yet to see one doctor say this virus is not a big deal and that our reaction is overblown. As far as a conspiracy, i certainly hope people are not buying into that anymore. If this reaction to the virus is part of a conspiracy by the media, how do you explain that every country that has the virus is taking the same exact actions that the US is? Its not as if Canada, Germany, Italy, China, Iran, S Korea... are just treating this virus like the flu and the US is the only country taking strict action. Are the governments of Italy, Canada, China, S Korea, Germany....all in on the conspiracy? As has been said by numerous medical professionals, the fatality rate for this virus is much higher than the normal flu. Low estimates are 10 times higher. This virus also appears to be more contagious than the typical flu and there is no vaccine. As far as natural selection goes, there will be people that die from this virus, not from natural selection, but from the selfish actions of others who do not want to follow the instructions of medical professionals because they do not want to be inconvenienced.

wrestlfan

“In the U.S., it’s really a fear based on media and this being something new,” Dr. Jennifer Lighter, hospital epidemiologist at NYU Langone Health, said of the new coronavirus. “When in reality, people can take measures to protect themselves against the flu, which is here and prevalent and has already killed 10,000 people.”
At least 19 million people have come down with the flu in the U.S. with 180,000 ending up in the hospital, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The flu season, which started in September and can run until May, is currently at its peak and poses a greater health threat to the U.S. than the new coronavirus, physicians say. The new virus, which first emerged in Wuhan, China, on Dec. 31, has sickened roughly 17,400 and killed 362 people mostly in that country as of Monday morning.

Mbelcher14

The thing about opinions is that everyone has one. Put all the opinions on a rainbow and everyone on the left side of the arc thinks the opinions on the right are as crazy as the one's on the right think about the left, and the ones in the middle are just "clueless".

I myself do not believe the virus is fake, or a political ploy, but as a numbers guy, I do think it is being overblown massively. In the US, we have had 86 deaths from COVID-19. Meanwhile, this year's flu season has been dubbed as "low to moderate" by the CDC, and we have had approximately 36,000,000 people get the flu, with 22,000 deaths from it. And we have this every year.

I took my 1 year old to his 1-year checkup on Saturday and asked the doctor, "shouldn't we do this every year then? Wouldn't we limit the spread of the flu by doing this same thing every year?" and he said flatly, yes it would curb the flu spread.

So if this is about saving lives as we are told every time a liberty and freedom is taken from us, and more restrictions become the norm, why don't we do this for the flu every Winter?

In 2009, 22 million Americans were diagnosed with the Swine Flu, resulting in 4,000 deaths. Why didn't we do this then?

Something doesn't add up....may not be a conspiracy towards Trump, but the reaction by the media and politicians is completely overblown when compared to previous viruses we have dealt with.

I am more scared of society in these times than I am of the virus...people are already fighting over food at stores in CA and it hasn't been a week...what if this goes months?

Just because someone's opinion differs from yours doesnt mean they are an idiot, because then they have the same right to say that about you b/c yours differs from theirs. It's just different.

So no matter where your opinion falls on the rainbow, whether my opinion mirrors yours or is totally opposite, be kind to one another, help a neighbor.

Quarantine won't save civilization, us not turning on each other will.
My only thought is only 45% people get a flu shot. So if that number was higher wouldn’t the fatality rate drop ? As of this minute, time is the only cure to this virus. Also those who have it and get severe symptoms can lose 20% of their lung capacity. There is no vaccine so I understand the overreaction. Also, my grandma is 94 and in decent shape, she just got over pneumonia and did well. I think this virus would kill her. My mother, has COPD and emphysema , this too would kill her . So I welcome the precautionary measures, should of closed off the country long ago. Here is my biggest complaints , something huge happens to another country and we bail them out. We have issues and we fix ourselves ! I simply wish we would take care of ourselves before others ! Take care of your loved ones

oldguy77

A few tidbits:
I am a boomer. We are now 55 - 73 years old. Lived through a flu or two.
The virus is the real deal. It is a novel virus that has jumped from animal to humans, and since then has already mutated again so we have two strains active.
Very dangerous to young kids, people with lung, heart, immune issues, and older persons as their immunity weakens with age.
It has not yet hit Ohio as it started on the West coast, and is moving East over time. It hit spotty areas due to the fact we as a society move worldwide so much. It is coming our way.
Absolutely hated to see the kids miss out on the tourneys. Generally teenagers to 50 or so can brush it off, not so with other groups. Problem is the kids carry it back to the younger, older, and weaker people.
And yes, we are trying to beat natural selection.

Reactions: bcw
Not sure why there is so much comparison of Covid 19 virus to the annual flu. The annual flu is is practically a science unto itself and has been studied and documented for decades. The medical community admittedly does not know what the Coronavirus is going to do or how big of an impact it will have. Its this unknown aspect of it that is the cause for all the precaution. I suspect they know that the worst case scenario with this virus could be really bad... we have to be cautious with this. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

eyes r burning

A few tidbits:
Very dangerous to young kids...
Generally teenagers to 50 or so can brush it off...
Are you sure? I see false "reporting" the biggest issue with all this. Everything I have read from reputable sources has not stated what you've placed in between some of your legit findings.

Updated this morning around 10am.
"Health officials have said that older adults were twice as likely to have serious illness from the novel coronavirus and the fatal cases in the US appear to reflect that.

The majority of people who have died were in their 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. The youngest were in their early or mid-50s"

Reading through those same sites and AP articles about other countries, the information has been consistent with this report from this morning on cnn. That's what makes this such a confusing issue. Too many people inserting "facts" around actual facts and making everything seem factual without proper sourcing.

oldguy77

Are you sure? I see false "reporting" the biggest issue with all this. Everything I have read from reputable sources has not stated what you've placed in between some of your legit findings.

Updated this morning around 10am.
"Health officials have said that older adults were twice as likely to have serious illness from the novel coronavirus and the fatal cases in the US appear to reflect that.

The majority of people who have died were in their 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. The youngest were in their early or mid-50s"

Reading through those same sites and AP articles about other countries, the information has been consistent with this report from this morning on cnn. That's what makes this such a confusing issue. Too many people inserting "facts" around actual facts and making everything seem factual without proper sourcing.
Well those deaths you mentioned are within my statement range, all being over 50.
Young kids are at risk as their immune systems are still developing.
Not trying to mislead in any way, nor want any kids to pass to prove my point

Huge

Just stay home wash your hands and wait. It's not that hard. Numbers will explode once we can test. There is no existting baseline comparison because this lasts longer on surfaces and has a longer incubation period where the sick don't have symptoms and so they unwittingly trams it the illness for which we don't have antibiotics to combat more vaccines to prevent. ( besides our willful indifference to the flu is shameful; maybe next year everyone gets a flu shot and stays home when sick)Then it comes down to math. Hence the term " gone viral" is used to describe something that grows exponentially. It doesn't matter who started it the problem is all of ours now and not just in the us but worldwide. Time to come together. There will be time enough for fighting when this is all over.

eyes r burning

Well those deaths you mentioned are within my statement range, all being over 50.
Young kids are at risk as their immune systems are still developing.
Not trying to mislead in any way, nor want any kids to pass to prove my point
Yes, the death part you mentioned is correct, but the young kids part is purely speculation/opinion. Not a single piece of tabulated data from reliable sources has stated that young kids are in more danger than the general population.

The data isn't the greatest as there has been less cases, but outside of newborns, which are in the same amount of danger as seniors typically, the little amount of data has said kids as young as toddlers seem to be better off than most.

Maybe you meant newborns, but your original statement is misleading if you meant more than that.