The Walking Dead is Back!

Still annoys me that some of these people have survived this long with out apparently a clue. Those 2 young boys as the story opened last night staring at a walker like they had never seen one before. For gosh sakes just run away, you can fast walk and these goons aren't going to catch you. The youngest one did a few more things as the how progressed. We still have Morgan (and others) standing in place to kill the walkers when they could easily evade them and not risk death.

Still annoys me that some of these people have survived this long with out apparently a clue. Those 2 young boys as the story opened last night staring at a walker like they had never seen one before. For gosh sakes just run away, you can fast walk and these goons aren't going to catch you. The youngest one did a few more things as the how progressed. We still have Morgan (and others) standing in place to kill the walkers when they could easily evade them and not risk death.

Fair points Irwin and the actions of the 2 boys was the weakest part of the show. At this point EVERY survivor is going to be savvy to the dead. At minimum both boys would have been carrying long knives.

I guess I've just gotten used to it and for me it's just background noise. To be honest both the WD & FTWD have a history of much worse lapses so if this is the worst of the season I can dig it!

I was looking forward to the story being one of a "road movie" with the group heading cross country to Virginia, kind of a travelogue with zombies. I guess that isn't going to happen. I do like the emphasis on beer as a symbol of civilization and an "aqua vitae". Maybe the denim gang will embrace our group if their beer sours.

I was looking forward to the story being one of a "road movie" with the group heading cross country to Virginia, kind of a travelogue with zombies. I guess that isn't going to happen. I do like the emphasis on beer as a symbol of civilization and an "aqua vitae". Maybe the denim gang will embrace our group if their beer sours.

I always thought a road movie story line would be great. I wonder if it's just an issue with budget & complexity? It's easier to shoot in one place?

I thought last nights episode was solid. There was only one truly cringe worthy moment and that was when the injured lady went outside and tried to fight the dead rather then immediately run back inside when she saw them.

It was also nice to see one of my favorite FTWD characters make a return.

So far they're doing a nice job of setting up a mystery. Hopefully when they finally reveal it we won't be disappointed. Also the writers must have watched Chernobyl.

Was i distracted by something? Was I not paying attention? Please tell me someone, what the heck were they doing in an airplane? Who was in it? What did they hope to accomplish? I hate to differ from the majority on this thread but, so far, this season makes no sense to me.

The only thing I found compelling was the nuclear meltdown and the young women's effort to dispose of the radiological walking corpses.

Was i distracted by something? Was I not paying attention? Please tell me someone, what the heck were they doing in an airplane? Who was in it? What did they hope to accomplish? I hate to differ from the majority on this thread but, so far, this season makes no sense to me.

The only thing I found compelling was the nuclear meltdown and the young women's effort to dispose of the radiological walking corpses.

So, I guess no one else has figured out what the deal was with the plane either.

So, I guess no one else has figured out what the deal was with the plane either.

I think one of the characters babbled something about the plane allowed them to get places to help people a lot faster.

The truth is though that like the WD, the writers are always looking for new ways to put the lead characters in jeopardy and to show different ways to kill zombies. This is the first time we've had a plane crash! It saved those boys, got one of the main characters hurt, set up some serious Zombie action and placed most of the cast far away from their last location.

I think one of the characters babbled something about the plane allowed them to get places to help people a lot faster.

The truth is though that like the WD, the writers are always looking for new ways to put the lead characters in jeopardy and to show different ways to kill zombies. This is the first time we've had a plane crash! It saved those boys, got one of the main characters hurt, set up some serious Zombie action and placed most of the cast far away from their last location.

In a word; nonsensical.

So do we get Al’s backstory? Because her obsession with the van and tapes is getting old.

I’m 7 episodes behind you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made little sense but quite a fun episode. I got a kick out of the Western theme park theme. It was also nice to see cap and ball revolvers used. As I said before black powder is easy to make and lead would be plentiful so, it is only natural, that the survivors would eventually gravitate towards the use of muzzleloaders and black powder revolvers.

The Dwight story line makes little sense. If Sherri wants to be found, why does she keep moving and how did they wander so far from Virginia?

I do like the Dwight character though. Join up with John for a Butch Cassidy and Sundance team.

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of stupid @#%^ watching twd/ftwd but the bullet and axe thing might top them all.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I've seen a lot of stupid @#%^ watching twd/ftwd but the bullet and axe thing might top them all.

I agree. I have seen the stunt done in real life with a carefully mounted ax and carefully aligned targets, but the way they set it up was just silly. I chalked it up to a tongue in cheek, over the top joke.

Nothing and I mean nothing was as stupid as the first time we saw Jesus and that Benny Hill stunt....

Dumb but fun episode. As a kid I use to love to go to those imitation western theme parks! The background music in the episode was also quite good. Surprised they didn't have a zombie that looked like Clint Eastwood.

The Ax shot was definitely jumping the shark but given how often this series has done it I don't even mind any more.

What did others think about the big "reveal" at the end? Was it a surprise or did it let you down? I kind of had it figured out so it didn't surprise me. I was surprised by Dwight turning up though.

Dumb but fun episode. As a kid I use to love to go to those imitation western theme parks! The background music in the episode was also quite good. Surprised they didn't have a zombie that looked like Clint Eastwood.

The Ax shot was definitely jumping the shark but given how often this series has done it I don't even mind any more.

What did others think about the big "reveal" at the end? Was it a surprise or did it let you down? I kind of had it figured out so it didn't surprise me. I was surprised by Dwight turning up though.

I knew the kids were into something and not being straight and it gave it away when you heard them on the radio. Now the reason for it I am not sure of.

Dwight was a total surprise. I was like this is stupid as why would Dwight be shooting at them,,, but then it made more sense later when he said he recognized the car but then Dwight goes and does something stupid.

I was getting pissed as to why the were wasting so many bullets..... just cover yourself with zombie guts and get out of the situation. I know Dwight knows about that..... and I am sure the other two know about it as well.

Excellent episode last night. Of course any story that features Danial is going to be interesting.

I also have to hand it to the writers as they came up with a very gruesome way to kill zombies - and they didn't shy away from explicitly showing us!

Why is it necessary to have a plane?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the Walking Dead Franchise so if it doesn't have inexplicably dumb stuff driving the narrative we wouldn't recognize the show. It seems to me even if bridges are out they could have easily drove to where Morgan & company are in the time they've been around trying to steal a plane from Danial!

Excellent episode last night. Of course any story that features Danial is going to be interesting.

I also have to hand it to the writers as they came up with a very gruesome way to kill zombies - and they didn't shy away from explicitly showing us!

I felt like it was a stupid episode.

One, I did not know walkers can keep up with cars. Just drive away and leave the heard. Go in the opposite direction to lead them the wrong way and double back.....

Seriously... we have seen over and over again groups being able to take out a significant of walkers so why couldn't they have just driven the swat vehicle up and have him jump in and then drive away..... deal with the herd as the close in on the warehouse... not a bid deal

then, the one thing that they came for they sacrificed to kill the walkers when nobody was really in any danger.... once again, just drive away...

don't get me started with the kids.... really, just 4 walkers and they were freaking out of course we had to have the hurt leg thing going on..... why didn't the other kids save them but no, we had to wait for the others to save them at the last moment and then the big reveal.... just not to my liking.

I felt like it was a stupid episode.

One, I did not know walkers can keep up with cars. Just drive away and leave the heard. Go in the opposite direction to lead them the wrong way and double back.....

Seriously... we have seen over and over again groups being able to take out a significant of walkers so why couldn't they have just driven the swat vehicle up and have him jump in and then drive away..... deal with the herd as the close in on the warehouse... not a bid deal

then, the one thing that they came for they sacrificed to kill the walkers when nobody was really in any danger.... once again, just drive away...

don't get me started with the kids.... really, just 4 walkers and they were freaking out of course we had to have the hurt leg thing going on..... why didn't the other kids save them but no, we had to wait for the others to save them at the last moment and then the big reveal.... just not to my liking.

I guess I've just gotten used to all the dumb stuff that goes on in these series. Not disagreeing with any of your points as they're pretty much spot on. It just doesn't bother me anymore and I judge each episode by whether there's a couple of wow scenes or cool surprises.

Glad I finally quit. Looks like I have not missed much.

Probably not a bad choice but I'm hooked and want to see where they take it all.

One thing for sure the ONLY way to stick with this show and the Walking Dead is to dramatically lower ones expectations. Then you can shrug off the stupid stuff.

The whole piecing together the airplane thing was done better in the 1965 movie The Flight of the Phoenix .

PM I just don't understand their need for an airplane. They're acting like they're on an island! They could have walked to safety by now. I also think the way they're handling the "meltdown" and subsequent radiation problem is ridiculous. They act as if radiation just stops at a barrier of cars. They really should have hired someone from the miniseries Chernobyl as a technical consultant.

Honestly, I'm close to giving up on FTWD. The writing this season has been spectacularly bad. Why they didn't choose to go with a travelogue storyline where they cross the USA trying to get back to Virginia and the other survivors is beyond me.