The State of the Louisville Leopards

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Infidel

I’m sorry but as a long fan of stark county football does Jeff “The Introvert” Twiddy belong in an elite state of stark county coaches? This guy is a clown. Not showing up to the WHBC voting and not having Goard on the team is BS! Bring back Paul Farrah!!!!!!!!

If you look back at the season, You saw the growing pains of a new coach bringing a new system to team. Outside of the CCC game I thought the kids played hard each week and that is a reflection of the coach. The Massillon game was their best defensive effort in years, IMO. Louisville made a good choice. please let a little time be the judge and not one season. Instead of focusing on the coach, let us focus on the administration and hope they do their jobs and get their student athletes into a good league soon. Who would want to coach in this kind of environment with no league?

I’m sorry but as a long fan of stark county football does Jeff “The Introvert” Twiddy belong in an elite state of stark county coaches? This guy is a clown. Not showing up to the WHBC voting and not having Goard on the team is BS! Bring back Paul Farrah!!!!!!!!
Louisville is part of an elite state?? What have they ever done other than lose to Anderson one year and dominate the weak NBC?

Louisville is part of an elite state?? What have they ever done other than lose to Anderson one year and dominate the weak NBC?

I’m sorry, but when a program for about 100 years of history has close to a 70% winning percentage and over 630 wins not many programs in the area can say that.

Dominate the “weak” NBC you say? Sure maybe the last 5-6 years it existed. But for years the NBC was a grind and a great league. Northwest was a rival for for decade and a state power, West Branch was a rival and a state power in the 90’s, Minerva and Akron Springfield had some good teams as well!

If you look back at the season, You saw the growing pains of a new coach bringing a new system to team. Outside of the CCC game I thought the kids played hard each week and that is a reflection of the coach. The Massillon game was their best defensive effort in years, IMO. Louisville made a good choice. please let a little time be the judge and not one season. Instead of focusing on the coach, let us focus on the administration and hope they do their jobs and get their student athletes into a good league soon. Who would want to coach in this kind of environment with no league?
Why do y'all need to be in a league? That's why y'all struggle y'all worried about playing for league titles instead of state titles smh

I’m sorry, but when a program for about 100 years of history has close to a 70% winning percentage and over 630 wins not many programs in the area can say that.

Dominate the “weak” NBC you say? Sure maybe the last 5-6 years it existed. But for years the NBC was a grind and a great league. Northwest was a rival for for decade and a state power, West Branch was a rival and a state power in the 90’s, Minerva and Akron Springfield had some good teams as well!
The nbc was loaded with D1 recruits not too long ago. Louisville has a great program and usually battled for the top spot. They have really don’t munch in the las 4 years but still has some big wins, I hope then can find a league and find a consistent schedule,

Mr. Letterman isn't one to let the facts get in the way of a good story. Louisville has the 3rd most wins in Stark County history.That wasn't all achieved in 25 years of NBC play .They haven't played in the Federal League in over 30 years and they're still among the leaders in total league titles. The Infidel was referring to the county as a whole , but if you don't think Louisville is an elite program in Stark County then you are high or ignorant or both.

The nbc was loaded with D1 recruits not too long ago. Louisville has a great program and usually battled for the top spot. They have really don’t munch in the las 4 years but still has some big wins, I hope then can find a league and find a consistent schedule,

Not sure loaded is the right word. What time period are you talking about? I remember three from Marlington (Michigan, Michigan State, Tennessee), one from Minerva (Air Force), one from Louisville (Boston College), one from Alliance (Colgate I-AA). I may be missing a few.

Last edited:
What am I missing here in regard to the new coach. He has only been there a year and they went 5-5 and weren't great last year... why the rush to remove him and start over again?

What am I missing here in regard to the new coach. He has only been there a year and they went 5-5 and weren't great last year... why the rush to remove him and start over again?

I don’t think it’s professional to have a coach that makes an a££ out of himeself to the newspaper and clearly has an agenda. I don’t need to rant about not showing up for the WHBC meeting again do I?

Not sure loaded is the right word. What time period are you talking about? I remember three from Marlington (Michigan, Michigan State, Tennessee), one from Minerva (Air Force), one from Louisville (Boston College), one from Alliance (Colgate I-AA). I may be missing a few.

Louisville had 1 (BC) Northwest had 3 (Michigan State, Akron, BG) Minerva had one more with Air Force (Kent) Alliance/Marlington (Same Kid) also had another one with (Louisville U) Carrollton had one (OSU) a few years before these guys but this is all from 2005-2010 saying the NBC had some D1 Athletes for a period is not out of line.

How have Louisville, Dover and Phila not gotten together to start a league? Which school is scared?
Probably because those are the only 3 schools in a 40 mile radius that would join that league. Clearly the NBC wants nothing to do with Lville and the federal league isnt breaking up anytime soon. Who else is left that could compete with those three that would be willing to join the league??

From around 09-13, Others - Carrollton (iowa), Minerva (Kent)- also many had successful D2 and 3 careers (Minerva - Tiffan, Findlay, also mount) west Branch had a great back that chose baseball over football or may have been D1. So I will rephrase- the nbc was loaded With college talent, and many had very successful college careers, west Branch had a couple of successful lineman at ysu

Last edited:
Probably because those are the only 3 schools in a 40 mile radius that would join that league. Clearly the NBC wants nothing to do with Lville and the federal league isnt breaking up anytime soon. Who else is left that could compete with those three that would be willing to join the league??

Canton Central, Wooster, Ashland, Maybe Lake (https://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20191103/sunday-special-should-ohio-expand-football-playoffs)

I'm sure if there were three legit together schools it would be easier to get others on board.

Canton Central, Wooster, Ashland, Maybe Lake (https://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20191103/sunday-special-should-ohio-expand-football-playoffs)

I'm sure if there were three legit together schools it would be easier to get others on board.
Lake is a NO for the millionth time. No maybe. It’s a NO. So now you have three schools. Ashland is 50+ miles from Dover/Phila/Lville. That doesn’t seem like a logical fit either. So now you’re down to CC and Wooster. That leaves you with a 5 team league at best with absolutely no other schools that make any sense.

I think this could be a fun league once the EBC Folds. I know Alliance and Marlington are a pair, Howland and Canfield are one too, along with Ravenna and Kent

1. Louisville
2. Alliance
3. Marlington
4. Howland
5. Canfield
6. Ravenna
7. Kent
8. Tallmadge
I actually think this is logical and also a very solid league

If I am not mistaken you have not won a state title since you were in the AAC?
Winning a state championship ain't easy but judging the fact that our team goal is to win state and your is a league championship that explains the fact why it was 41-0 24-0 ?

From around 09-13, Others - Carrollton (iowa), Minerva (Kent)- also many had successful D2 and 3 careers (Minerva - Tiffan, Findlay, also mount) west Branch had a great back that chose baseball over football or may have been D1. So I will rephrase- the nbc was loaded With college talent, and many had very successful college careers, west Branch had a couple of successful lineman at ysu

Throw in Canton South's Jerald Robinson going to Michigan around that time. South had 2 other potential DI players a few years earlier with the Torrence Bros, but 1 chose baseball, and the other chose Massillon.

There certainly seemed to be more talent in the league back then than there is now. Declining enrollment and specialization has significantly reduced the talent pool at the smaller schools in the EBC.

This whole arrangement has been suggested and discussed ad nauseam for a few years. I don't see it happening. Louisville, Dover, and New Philly fit well together, but I don't see anyone else joining those 3 if and when they decide to come together. There aren't enough schools of the proper size within the proper proximity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.