The Rose Bowl - Wisconsin vs. TCU

Yeah, I'm crying because the Big 10 lost some football games.:rolleyes: You got it.

Man, you thought everybody in the country made fun of BIG 10 football before today......You ain't seen nothin' yet!!! Even Herbstriet just threw this league under the bus. I'm a BIG EAST fan, and even I feel bad for you guys. I don't know how you can spin what took place today.

Man, you thought everybody in the country made fun of BIG 10 football before today......You ain't seen nothin' yet!!! Even Herbstriet just threw this league under the bus. I'm a BIG EAST fan, and even I feel bad for you guys. I don't know how you can spin what took place today.
Like I said, I'd love if the Big 10 faced Conference USA teams, but they play the toughest slate in the country without question. This was not a good year obviously.

Like I said, I'd love if the Big 10 faced Conference USA teams, but they play the toughest slate in the country without question. This was not a good year obviously.

They seem to play their share of the MAC though.

One thing is certain this bowl season, the teams playing the Big Ten teams have an easy schedule.

No, the regular season. Lost to a mountain west team in a bowl though. I'm sure you saw that one. ;)
I was talking about the bowl season and comparing to bowl tie in like the Big East has which are laughable for a BCS conference. But if you want to change the subject, fine, I'm gone.

One thing is certain this bowl season, the teams playing the Big Ten teams have an easy schedule.

In Big Ten country, we don't always realize that is the way the nation views it. They are going to look at the SEC's bowl slate and say, "Well, they got to play all those weak Big Ten teams."

I'll admit that made me laugh. But let me ad, that if the Big 10 is perennially overrated then why to teams brag about beating them? Especially in God's conference the SEC? They brag and brag and brag about beating the sorry Big 10. I don't get it, either the SEC is impressive because they win over Big 10 teams, or the SEC is skating by by being matched up with such a horrible conference like the Big 10. So explain that one to me.

I was talking about the bowl season and comparing to bowl tie in like the Big East has which are laughable for a BCS conference. But if you want to change the subject, fine, I'm gone.

How did I change the subject? You DID NOT mention the bowl season in the post I responded to nor any previous post leading to it. :laugh:

In any event, the BE is facing the following conferences in the bowl season: B12 (Oklahoma and KSU); CUSA (So Miss); and ACC (NC State and Clemson). So I guess you were talking about one game.

The B10 lost to their bowl game to a non-AQ school. :shrug:

I'll admit that made me laugh. But let me ad, that if the Big 10 is perennially overrated then why to teams brag about beating them? Especially in God's conference the SEC? They brag and brag and brag about beating the sorry Big 10. I don't get it, either the SEC is impressive because they win over Big 10 teams, or the SEC is skating by by being matched up with such a horrible conference like the Big 10. So explain that one to me.

They brag because the B10 is perennially highly rated....overrated, but highly rated. Why not brag? :shrug:

How did I change the subject? You DID NOT mention the bowl season in the post I responded to nor any previous post leading to it. :laugh:

In any event, the BE is facing the following conferences in the bowl season: B12 (Oklahoma and KSU); CUSA (So Miss); and ACC (NC State and Clemson). So I guess you were talking about one game.

The B10 lost to their bowl game to a non-AQ school. :shrug:
The ACC? That's NOT a feather in your cap. But my point stands you go ahead and list the matchups side by side and see which one is more difficult. Go back 5 years add those too. Tell me what shakes out.

The ACC? That's NOT a feather in your cap. But my point stands you go ahead and list the matchups side by side and see which one is more difficult. Go back 5 years add those too. Tell me what shakes out.

Umm, no, you list them out, if you want. I already showed which conference lost to the non-AQ school and it wasn't the BE.

not to stir the pot, but is it too much to think another Big Ten team with more speed could have beaten TCU??????

I mean Wisky could have beat them if Bielema had just pounded the ball at them...........but not taking anything away from TCU, but I think Wisconsin lost this game.....more than TCU necessarily "won" it....

Umm, no, you list them out, if you want. I already showed which conference lost to the non-AQ school and it wasn't the BE.
No need I know what it says. But you keep on beating that horse about the non AQ. The same non AQ that will dominate the BE next season. Then we can talk about how many teams lose to this poor non AQ team. Which team was favored? Which team was ranked 6 and which one was 3? Take out the names and if a favored 3 beats a 6 doesn't seem like news to me. You feel different?

No need I know what it says. But you keep on beating that horse about the non AQ. The same non AQ that will dominate the BE next season. Then we can talk about how many teams lose to this poor non AQ team. Which team was favored? Which team was ranked 6 and which one was 3? Take out the names and if a favored 3 beats a 6 doesn't seem like news to me. You feel different?

TCU will not beat a single school in the Big East next year, 2012 is a different story.

I mean Wisky could have beat them if Bielema had just pounded the ball at them...........but not taking anything away from TCU, but I think Wisconsin lost this game.....more than TCU necessarily "won" it....

I disagree. What did Wisconsin do to lose it? I thought both teams played a good game.

I disagree. What did Wisconsin do to lose it? I thought both teams played a good game.

to start they didn't do what would have won the game.....pounding Clay against the middle of the TCU line would have netted him 200 yards.....instead, they tried to run the corners, and at TCU's advantage, their speed......not to mention the occasional 3 straight passes when that is not who they are.......

oh, and line up in the shotgun going for 2, after your RB;s just took you down for the score.......

that;s about all.......

I thought they could have run Clay a lot more. TCU would've been the best D in the Big Ten, though. They are fast and agressive. Not like the OSU, Penn State and Wisky style of read and react.

Missed a short FG for 1. Bumbled clock management to end the 1st half for 2.

Teams miss field goals frequently. You can't chalk that up to blowing a game. And it was 39 yards, not sure if that's considered short or not.

I watched the whole game and I thought both teams played well. TCU won the game IMO.

TCU will not beat a single school in the Big East next year, 2012 is a different story.
I stand corrected. Either way I'm not sure that TCU or Boise are the typical examples of a non AQ. They are the exception to the rule and WHEN they get into the BE they will show that, just like Cincy did when they left the CUSA.

I think TCU has a much bigger advantage over Boise.......they have the texas pool of recruits to begin with........

TCU won't be a non-AQ in 2012, so that argument will be over as far as them........

Teams miss field goals frequently. You can't chalk that up to blowing a game. And it was 39 yards, not sure if that's considered short or not.

I watched the whole game and I thought both teams played well. TCU won the game IMO.
I don't disagree, I was just offering examples of things that could of turned the outcome that have nothing to do with anything TCU did to them. Let me add not running the ball for the two pointer. TCU was getting pushed around and I don't think they would of stopped Clay up the middle. On a side note, that Carder kid was the best player I've seen all bowl season.

I think TCU has a much bigger advantage over Boise.......they have the texas pool of recruits to begin with........

TCU won't be a non-AQ in 2012, so that argument will be over as far as them........

I also saw that TCU was in the top 10 of money spent per season on football. They are spending money at the level of the elites. It's paying off, and I love JT...but anytime he's ready to leave OSU, I'll be glad to see Gary Patterson in JT's chair before it even gets cold. Of course, if TCU keeps spending that level of money on football...coupled with now being in a BCS league...Patterson can just stay and build a dynasty and become a legend. He would not have to leave TCU.