The Ohio State Buckeyes Basketball - 2018-2019

EagleGuy

May as well get this started. What is the outlook for this year? Re-building? Improvement? Who are the guys to lead the team and the newbies to watch this year? Go Bucks!

UC/OSU game is gonna be a really good one I think. OSU has a much more offensively talented roster than UC, but UC's defense is going to be the usual elite. That on top of the excitement surrounding opening night in the new arena has me thinking UC will come out on top. I expect a game in the 50s for both teams.

Ohio State Announces Micah Potter Transfers from Program

Just two days before Ohio State's season begins, the Buckeyes lost a big man.

On Monday, the program announced Micah Potter will transfer. His eventual destination is unknown.

“We appreciate Micah’s contributions to our program and we wish him the very best moving forward,” Chris Holtmann said in a statement.

Potter, a 6-foot-9 forward from Mentor, averaged 4.1 points and 2.8 rebounds per game during his career. He played in 59 career games and had 16 starts.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...announces-micah-potter-transfers-from-program

Surprising given the amount of playing time Potter got last year. Wonder if he knew he wasn't going to see the floor as much this year.

Holtmann said he wouldn't play Kaleb Wesson and Potter at the same time. Wesson should be getting 25-30 minutes a game, leaving little time for Potter. Probably realizes Wesson is a 4 year player and wants a larger role.

I think he did everyone a favor by leaving,not the kind of player this coach is looking for.

Clutch opening win for the Buckeyes at Cincinnati. UC is going to win a lot of games. Holtmann can coach!

If everyone didn’t know already, Holtmann is a damn fine coach. This team is just so much tougher than they’ve been in the recent past. Fun to watch get after it. The way Kyle Young and Kaleb Wesson look, I guess it’s no surprise Potter transferred.

Great to see these teams play, hopefully it continues

If everyone didn’t know already, Holtmann is a damn fine coach. This team is just so much tougher than they’ve been in the recent past. Fun to watch get after it. The way Kyle Young and Kaleb Wesson look, I guess it’s no surprise Potter transferred.

Great to see these teams play, hopefully it continues

It will continue. Holtmann embraces facing tough OOC competition.

UC/OSU game is gonna be a really good one I think. OSU has a much more offensively talented roster than UC, but UC's defense is going to be the usual elite. That on top of the excitement surrounding opening night in the new arena has me thinking UC will come out on top. I expect a game in the 50s for both teams.

Good analysis except OSU won. The Bucks are now 25 - 1 I believe vs in state competition since the 95 - 96 season. Makes me laugh when people say OSU is the 3rd or 4th best bball program in Ohio.

Good analysis except OSU won. The Bucks are now 25 - 1 I believe vs in state competition since the 95 - 96 season. Makes me laugh when people say OSU is the 3rd or 4th best bball program in Ohio.

You think they were better than 3rd or 4th from 2013-14 to 2017-18? That's the only time anyone has said OSU is the 3rd or 4th best bball program in Ohio. And it was true.

The biggest differences since Holtmann took over is the energy level and commitment to defense. He really has them competing for the whole game instead of them half-assing like they did the last 3 or 4 years of Matta's tenure.

Did OSU ever offer Cumberland from UC? I remember watching him at Wilmington and he was one of the best players in Ohio for a few years. If I remember correctly he didn't have many major d1 offers?? Could be wrong. Either way, he would look good in scarlet and gray.

You think they were better than 3rd or 4th from 2013-14 to 2017-18? That's the only time anyone has said OSU is the 3rd or 4th best bball program in Ohio. And it was true.
I don't think there was any significant difference between Ohio State, UC, and Dayton in 2014-2015. Xavier went to the Sweet 16 that year, but that was about it.

The Bucks absolutely throttled IPFW in their home opener this afternoon. Fort Wayne has been a pretty solid mid-major team that's given some major conference teams issues the last few years with their pace and perimeter shooting. I believe they've beaten Indiana twice in the last three years.

It's early, but this team looks a lot better than I expected.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Love the way they battled tonight. Creighton came back and started to look like they might take control in the last 5 minutes. Jackson hadn't made a shot all game until the last 2 minutes and they were big buckets.

Snaps Creighton's 24-game win streak over non-con opponents at home.

Last edited:
Big road win for the Buckeyes(3-0)the announcers at the half on local radio said this is the first time in the history of the Creighton (2-1) basketball program has lost a home game this early in the season.

The Buckeyes blew a 12 point halftime lead and had to come from a point down to win this one.Leading the way was,senior transfer from Wake Forest Keyshawn Woods(19 points) Freshman Duane Washington Jr. had 12 points.

Ty-Shon Alexander had 16 points to lead Creighton.