The Official NE8 Thread

South range has a really nice stadium in its own little area, I like how struthers Hubbard and girard as basically inside neighborhoods, Jefferson even has a nice feel, not a fan of lakeviews tho, especially the locker room a being so far away

Excluding Struthers...

Hubbard and Niles are at the top in terms of facilities. I haven't been to South Range yet.

In terms of atmosphere... Hubbard and Poland.

Outside the NE8, Boardman and Mollenkoff are my favorite stadiums in the Valley. I always liked Salem a lot too.

Howland was always my least favorite... but I haven't been to their new place yet.

Excluding Struthers...

Hubbard and Niles are at the top in terms of facilities. I haven't been to South Range yet.

Outside the NE8, Boardman and Mollenkoff are my favorite stadiums in the Valley. I always liked Salem a lot too.

Howland was always my least favorite... but I haven't been to their new place yet.
[/QUOTE]
Mollenkoff and Paul Brown Stadiums are must visit stadiums. From top to bottom the NE8 league stadiums offer better game atmosphere than any other area league offer including the Fed which only Perry has a cool game day atmosphere.

Excluding Struthers...

Mollenkoff and Paul Brown Stadiums are must visit stadiums. From top to bottom the NE8 league stadiums offer better game atmosphere than any other area league offer including the Fed which only Perry has a cool game day atmosphere.
[/QUOTE]
Can’t disagree, the fan bases in the NE8 travel very well with the exception of Jefferson, in which I don’t blame them for not traveling well, even tho they arnt that good they always have a good turnout for their home games. Poland is weird for me, the last 2 times struthers played Poland we had more fans for an away game then they did as the home team

Poland is weird for me, the last 2 times struthers played Poland we had more fans for an away game then they did as the home team
THAT, is very sad. Amazing what has happened to 'old Poland'. Makes me think of the days when Poland wasn't a football town whatsoever, playing at old Baird-Mitchell Field.

Lakeview's board told the schools coaches that their is a 1% chance that the Bulldogs play football this year. The whole community is full of Paladins.

Are they still going to play the other Fall sports? Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Cross Country, etc.

Are they still going to play the other Fall sports? Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Cross Country, etc.
I am led to believe that no, they are not. Wouldn't surprise me if they aren't in school in the fall, regardless of what the rest of the Mahoning Valley is doing. The excuse they gave for the 1% is that if 1 player were to get sick then the whole team would have to be quarantined for 14 days, no kidding. They are the poster children for fear rulling over everything else.

I am led to believe that no, they are not. Wouldn't surprise me if they aren't in school in the fall, regardless of what the rest of the Mahoning Valley is doing. The excuse they gave for the 1% is that if 1 player were to get sick then the whole team would have to be quarantined for 14 days, no kidding. They are the poster children for fear rulling over everything else.
PAV is the President of the Ohio High School Football Coaches Association, so I’m sure he has more insight than most administrators. I’ve also heard the same about the chances of fall sports, hopefully not true but it’s coming from someone in contact with Lt. Governor John Husted

There will be football this season , most schools already started their workouts, if you don’t want to play or in lakeviews case get beat like a drum by the league then don’t play. But opt out so teams can find a game to replace you

PAV is the President of the Ohio High School Football Coaches Association, so I’m sure he has more insight than most administrators. I’ve also heard the same about the chances of fall sports, hopefully not true but it’s coming from someone in contact with Lt. Governor John Husted
That’s why he always has a rule book handy

It would come as no surprise that the individual schools, and OHSAA especially, make a lion's share of their income from football. The OHSAA's part of that, I would think, is the play-games' money. It would be interesting if anyone on here from the old days remembers what the OHSAA funding stream was before the football play-offs were established and subsequently expanded to the present 7 tier set-up. How did they pay the bills back then when only basketball and maybe wrestling were money-makers for the OHSAA? I believe the OHSAA has never charged membership fees.

It would come as no surprise that the individual schools, and OHSAA especially, make a lion's share of their income from football. The OHSAA's part of that, I would think, is the play-games' money. It would be interesting if anyone on here from the old days remembers what the OHSAA funding stream was before the football play-offs were established and subsequently expanded to the present 7 tier set-up. How did they pay the bills back then when only basketball and maybe wrestling were money-makers for the OHSAA? I believe the OHSAA has never charged membership fees.

Where ya at YTOWN?

This is a very interesting Doctoral Dissertation by John William Grice at Ohio State in 1971
It is 250 pages long in PDF format.
Entitled:
"THE HISTORY OF THE OHIO ASSOCIATION FOR HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND RECREATION."

It is the complete history of the OHSAA footprint and how it came to the present day, well 1971 anyway.
I read a lot of it and skimmed through a lot and will try to highlight some of my observations later.
It does contain how it was funded and the problems creating memberships throughout the years.

This one is the history of Girls' Basketball in Ohio:
Another Doctoral Dissertation at Ohio State by Carol Ann Thompson in 1977.
It is 183 pages in PDF format.

Cleveland Shaw has been changed to a HOME game giving
the Eagles, 5 Home and 5 Away games.

Attachments

• Hubbard Eagles 2020 Schedule.jpg
    Hubbard Eagles 2020 Schedule.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 13
That helps, playing up there would have been a useless car ride
Yeah, I think it either was a scheduling mistake or the AD was successful in convincing Shaw they could make more money and get a nice meal by coming here. especially playing in "Beautiful" Hubbard Memorial Stadium.-lol

Yeah, I think it either was a scheduling mistake or the AD was successful in convincing Shaw they could make more money and get a nice meal by coming here. especially playing in "Beautiful" Hubbard Memorial Stadium.-lol
That's good news roberto, 5 home games at "The Beautiful", with Shaw coming here makes a lot more sense. I can live with that schedule now.