The Official MMA Thread

Yellow_Jacket06

Thought it would be a good idea to have a general thread for MMA including updates and news for all the organizations (UFC, Bellator, WSOF etc.). I'll probably put some of the lesser cards here too so it doesn't clutter the semi-existent board.

Recent "Headline" News

Stipe Miocic (11-1) has a co-main event with former Heavyweight Champion Junior Dos Santos (16-3) at UFC 173 on May 24. Talk about a step up for the native Ohioan. Headlining the Memorial Day weekend event will be Weidman vs. Machida for the UFC Middleweight Championship.

Cincinnati native Matt "The Immortal" Brown returns to the octagon on May 10 for a bout with Erick Silva (16-4) at U.S. Bank Arena in his hometown at UFC Fight Night on May 10. Brown (18-11) is in the midst of a career resurgence winning 6 consecutive fights, 5 by KO.

Eddie Alvarez vs. Michael Chandler III is on tap for the first Bellator PPV on May 17. Alvarez (25-3) defends his Lightweight Championship against Chandler (12-1).

Thought it would be a good idea to have a general thread for MMA including updates and news for all the organizations (UFC, Bellator, WSOF etc.). I'll probably put some of the lesser cards here too so it doesn't clutter the semi-existent board.

Recent "Headline" News

Stipe Miocic (11-1) has a co-main event with former Heavyweight Champion Junior Dos Santos (16-3) at UFC 173 on May 24. Talk about a step up for the native Ohioan. Headlining the Memorial Day weekend event will be Weidman vs. Machida for the UFC Middleweight Championship.

Cincinnati native Matt "The Immortal" Brown returns to the octagon on May 10 for a bout with Erick Silva (16-4) at U.S. Bank Arena in his hometown at UFC Fight Night on May 10. Brown (18-11) is in the midst of a career resurgence winning 6 consecutive fights, 5 by KO.

Eddie Alvarez vs. Michael Chandler III is on tap for the first Bellator PPV on May 17. Alvarez (25-3) defends his Lightweight Championship against Chandler (12-1).

Let's not forget about the other Cincinnati native whom fights next Friday night on Spike TV

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/1/13/5305048/bellator-112-daniel-straus-vs-pat-curran-featherweight-title-fight-march-14-spike-tv-mma

UFC Fight Night: Nogueira vs. Nelson

Main Card (Fight Pass)

Heavyweight

Roy Nelson defeated Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira via KO (Punch) at 3:37 R1

Featherweight

Clay Guida defeated Tatsuya Kawajiri via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Welterweight

Ryan LaFlare defeated John Howard via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Lightweight

Ramsey Nijem defeated Beneil Dariush via TKO (Strikes) at 4:20 R1

Preliminary Card (Fight Pass)

Heavyweight

Jared Rosholt defeated Daniel Omielanczuk via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Middleweight

Thales Leites defeated Trevor Smith via TKO (Punches) at 0:45 R1

Featherweight

Jim Alers defeated Alan Omer via Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Bantamweight

Rani Yahya & Johnny Bedford fought to a No Contest (Accidental Headbutt)

Last edited:
UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs. Kennedy

Main Card (Fox Sports 1)

Middleweight

Tim Kennedy defeated Michael Bisping via Unanimous Decision (49-46, 49-46, 50-45)

Welterweight

Patrick Cote defeated Kyle Noke via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)

TUF Nations Middleweight Final

Elias Theodorou defeated Sheldon Westcott via TKO (Strikes) at 4:41 R2

TUF Nations Welterweight Final

Chad Laprise defeated Olivier Aubin-Mercier via Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 30-27)

Featherweight

Dustin Poirier defeated Akira Corassani via TKO (Punches) at 0:47 R2

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Lightweight

KJ Noons defeated Sam Stout via KO (Punches) at 0:30 R1

Women's Bantamweight

Sarah Kaufman defeated Leslie Smith via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Light Heavyweight

Ryan Jimmo defeated Sean O'Connell via KO (Punches) at 4:27 R1

Bantamweight

George Roop defeated Dustin Kimura via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-26)

Lightweight

Mark Bocek defeated Mike de la Torre via Split Decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)

Middleweight

Nordine Taleb defeated Vik Grujic via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Welterweight

Richard Walsh defeated Chris Indich via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Bantamweight

Mitch Gagnon defeated Tim Gorman via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Last edited:
Roy+Nelson+vs.+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira.gif

Is that really only 1:24 left in the first round ? The guy in the red trunks looks like he has no business out there. I could have scored that knockout.

I'm 50, and I have less of a gut than the guy in the white trunks. Did they pull these guys out of the audience ?

Last edited:
Is that really only 1:24 left in the first round ? The guy in the red trunks looks like he has no business out there. I could have scored that knockout.

I'm 50, and I have less of a gut than the guy in the white trunks. Did they pull these guys out of the audience ?

Both guys would finish you in a minute or less. Nelson is a black belt in BJJ and has a cinder block for a right hand. Nogueira was already knocked down twice in the round before that punch. No chance to recover.

Gentlemen, the odds are in favor of your statements, but you really have no idea, do you ?

Had the fighter in the red trunks just been rocked ? Pretty lazy left hand for that early in a fight.

Just reread jacket's post. Makes sense about Nogueira.

Last edited:
Say what you want about Big Country but the guy puts people to sleep for a living and has a jaw like a rock...

Yellow do you know if Belfort is going to get a shot at the winner of Machida and Weidman or did he lose his shot all together...

I was just watching some of my old UFC PPV or forgot all about how young Belfort was and how nasty he was one his feet when he first fought at UFC 12 or 13...

Idk if this is really news but TUF runner up TJ Dillashaw will be the second fighter from that season.. He will be taking on BARAO at UFC 173 and IMO I don't think TJ has a chance in hell at winning this fight...

Stranger things have happened but the chances of Dillashaw winning are as close to nil without actually being nil.

Re: Belfort - I'm pretty sure he is still in line for a title shot but since the new ban on TRT he needs time to get his body regular and adjust to training.

I don't see anybody else who really deserves a shot ahead of Belfort. Maybe Machida, but f that guy.

Two guys from Ohio won the first 2 fights to get into the house. Dan Spohn from Zanesville (Light Heavyweight) and Hector Urbina from Archbold (Middleweight)

Bellator champion Lyman Good fails to get into the TUF house, losing to an inexperienced fighter and Dana loves every minute of it. Even his opponent told Dana "Bellator champs don't belong in the UFC" after the fight.

Team Edgar

Light Heavyweight

Corey Anderson (2-0)
Patrick Walsh (4-1)
Matt Van Buren (6-2)
Todd Monaghan (5-3)

Middleweight

Ian Stephens (2-0)
Dhiego Lima (9-1)
Eddie Gordon (6-1)
Hector Urbina (16-8-1)

Team Penn

Light Heavyweight

Anton Berzin (3-1)
Josh Clark (5-2)
Daniel Spohn (8-3)
Chris Fields (10-5-1)

Middleweight

Mike King (5-0)
Tim Williams (8-1)
Cathal Pendred (13-2-1)
Roger Zapata (4-1)

Bellator 117

Main Card (Spike TV)

Welterweight Championship

Douglas Lima defeated Rick Hawn via TKO (Corner Stoppage) at 3:19 R2

Season 10 Lightweight Tournament Semifinal

Marcin Held defeated Derek Anderson via Submission (Triangle Choke) at 3:09 R2

Welterweight

Karl Amoussou defeated David Gomez via Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)

Season 10 Lightweight Tournament Semifinal

Patricky Freire defeated Derek Campos via TKO (Punches) at :52 R2

Preliminary Card (www.spike.com)

Lightweight

Martin Brown defeated Jared Downing via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)

Lightweight

Larue Burley defeated Cliff Wright via Unanimous Decision (29-27, 29-28, 29-27)

Middleweight

Joe Vedepo defeated Ben Crowder via Verbal Submission (Knee Injury) at :48 R1

Middleweight

Anthony Smith defeated Victor Moreno via Submission (Triangle Choke) at :59 R2

Featherweight

Julio Cesar Neves defeated Josh Arocho via TKO (Elbows) at 2:37 R2

Lightweight

Jordan Parsons defeated Tim Bazer via KO (Punch) at :04 R2

Last edited:
Team Edgar

Light Heavyweight

Corey Anderson (2-0)
Patrick Walsh (4-1)
Matt Van Buren (6-2)
Todd Monaghan (5-3)

Middleweight

Ian Stephens (2-0)
Dhiego Lima (9-1)
Eddie Gordon (6-1)
Hector Urbina (16-8-1)

Team Penn

Light Heavyweight

Anton Berzin (3-1)
Josh Clark (5-2)
Daniel Spohn (8-3)
Chris Fields (10-5-1)

Middleweight

Mike King (5-0)
Tim Williams (8-1)
Cathal Pendred (13-2-1)
Roger Zapata (4-1)

Who's your top picks from each team/weight?

I'll go Anderson & Lima from Team Edgar ...... Berzin & King from Team Penn.

Overall last night I think Lima was most impressive fighter. He should make a deep run.

Who's your top picks from each team/weight?

I'll go Anderson & Lima from Team Edgar ...... Berzin & King from Team Penn.

Overall last night I think Lima was most impressive fighter. He should make a deep run.

A tough call considering the Irishman Cathal didn't have to fight. We don't know what he can do.

For Team Edgar I'd pick Walsh/Lima. Team Penn = Spohn/King. I think a lot of people will agree with Lima & King as highlights in Middleweight. LHW is a tougher call IMO.

Edgar got the better team I believe. Look out for Gordon and Urbina at MW.

UFC Fight Night: Brown vs. Silva

Main Card (Fox Sports 1)

Welterweight

Matt Brown (18-11) vs. Erick Silva (16-4, 1 NC)

Middleweight

Costas Philippou (12-4, 1 NC) vs. Lorenz Larkin (14-2, 1 NC)

Lightweight

Erik Koch (14-3) vs. Daron Cruickshank (14-4)

Welterweight

Neil Magny (9-3) vs. Tim Means (20-5-1)

Heavyweight

Soa Palelei (20-3) vs. Ruan Potts (8-1)

Flyweight

Chris Cariaso (16-5) vs. Louis Smolka (7-0)

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 2)

Middleweight

Ed Herman (21-10, 1 NC) vs. Rafael Natal (17-5-1)

Flyweight

Kyoji Horiguchi (12-1) vs. Darrell Montague (13-3)

Welterweight

Yan Cabral (11-0) vs. Zak Cummings (16-3)

Bantamweight

Eddie Wineland (21-9-1) vs. Johnny Eduardo (26-9)

Featherweight

Manvel Gamburyan (13-7, 1 NC) vs. Nik Lentz (24-6-2, 1 NC)

Lightweight

Justin Salas (11-5) vs. Ben Wall (7-1-1)

Welterweight

Anthony Lapsley (23-6, 2 NC) vs. Albert Tumenov (12-2)

Last edited: