The official EBC Football Thread

All teams are eligible. Since the attempt to shorten the season, and to get as many games possible. The team that Carrollton is playing is winless as well.
I understand that - but plenty of teams opted out and scheduled a competitive game in week 7. But you are right/ the boys get to play some ball!!

I understand that - but plenty of teams opted out and scheduled a competitive game in week 7. But you are right/ the boys get to play some ball!!
These first round games should still be relatively competitive, remember you're looking at stuff like a 13 seed vs an 18 seed

These first round games should still be relatively competitive, remember you're looking at stuff like a 13 seed vs an 18 seed
Makes good sense- just the unknown makes you wonder. If you would have told me in July that the boys would be playing their 6th game tonight I wouldn’t have believed it! I thought the season would be a wash..

Hats off to WB. They had a good game plan and answered south every time they had some momentum. They are a very skilled, disciplined and well coached team Very questionable officiating stalled Souths first 3 drives which could have changed the direction of the game but that happens on the road and you need to be able to overcome that. Congrats to WB on the win and for South....if someone would have told me before the season they could be 5-1, with a bye and hosting a second round playoff game, I would have taken that in a heartbeat. South still has a lot to look forward to and who knows maybe they will see WB again. Best of luck to both teams in the playoffs and hopefully they both represent the EBC well!

Early in the week there were postings regarding the Poy . I have to say that after seeing both of the posters favorites playing there is no question . Hillyer put on a clinic tonight.

Hats off to WB. They had a good game plan and answered south every time they had some momentum. They are a very skilled, disciplined and well coached team Very questionable officiating stalled Souths first 3 drives which could have changed the direction of the game but that happens on the road and you need to be able to overcome that. Congrats to WB on the win and for South....if someone would have told me before the season they could be 5-1, with a bye and hosting a second round playoff game, I would have taken that in a heartbeat. South still has a lot to look forward to and who knows maybe they will see WB again. Best of luck to both teams in the playoffs and hopefully they both represent the EBC well!
Congratulations to west branch and south/ 2 very well coached teams. Great seasons so far for both teams, good luck in the playoffs!!!

Early in the week there were postings regarding the Poy . I have to say that after seeing both of the posters favorites playing there is no question . Hillyer put on a clinic tonight.
No doubt about it. Hillyer is EBC POY and could get more accolades. Hope wb can make a run in the playoffs.

Unfortunate for them they’ll meet Ursuline sooner then later
Buckeye
I get it WB didn’t show you anything last season for you to have anything positive to say ,but I am confident if you know football and I think you do your Feelings would be different if you seen this team play as a complete unit. Wb has a game to win Before possibly meeting Ursuline. They are a Talented team for sure . I hope they over look Wb. One thing I know the WB Boys will leave it all out on the field. Honestly I give them a 60% chance of winning simply do to the desire and heart of this warrior team.

Unfortunate for them they’ll meet Ursuline sooner then later
I thought the same thing but seems like every week, people were doubting WB. Most picked them to lose to Carrolton then Canton South and every week they dominate. Seems like people just can't accept how good this team is. I have to give the edge to WB now after last night's games they each played.

I thought the same thing but seems like every week, people were doubting WB. Most picked them to lose to Carrolton then Canton South and every week they dominate. Seems like people just can't accept how good this team is. I have to give the edge to WB now after last night's games they each played.

I mean it was pretty much a consensus that West Branch was better than both Carrollton and South, I don't think that's even close to being "most"

I'll be interested to see how the EBC does in their tournament match ups with the NE8. If Salem gets by Struthers they'll have to go to Poland. My heart says Salem, but head says that Struthers has played the more difficult schedule. We'll see if that makes a difference.

I mean it was pretty much a consensus that West Branch was better than both Carrollton and South, I don't think that's even close to being "most"
Fair enough. I think people within the league felt that way but some of the posters from schools outside the league were not giving WB any respect.

I did get to see the west branch and south game hillyer does have some very good receivers. And warriors running back looked very good, also Chavers looked good long run for td. Warriors did stop him most of the time on offense, but his presence on the football field on defense is known, I believe he got couple sacks but they ran away from his side. I would have to give the POY to Chavers he’s a beast. For some reason I don’t remember him from last year.

I'll be interested to see how the EBC does in their tournament match ups with the NE8. If Salem gets by Struthers they'll have to go to Poland. My heart says Salem, but head says that Struthers has played the more difficult schedule. We'll see if that makes a difference.
Struthers has to get healthy before they can beat anyone with a pulse

Fair enough. I think people within the league felt that way but some of the posters from schools outside the league were not giving WB any respect.
I understand that, but I don’t think anyone is gonna touch Ursuline in the playoffs, including Poland and perry. They’re on another level this year. For the record I never want a parochial school to win not matter who they play. Unless they’re playing poland of course lol

I understand that, but I don’t think anyone is gonna touch Ursuline in the playoffs, including Poland and perry. They’re on another level this year. For the record I never want a parochial school to win not matter who they play. Unless they’re playing poland of course lol
Don't know you but we are like brothers with that last comment. That jackass of a coach does not deserve to even be coaching in the playoffs after that BS much less a win.

I did get to see the west branch and south game hillyer does have some very good receivers. And warriors running back looked very good, also Chavers looked good long run for td. Warriors did stop him most of the time on offense, but his presence on the football field on defense is known, I believe he got couple sacks but they ran away from his side. I would have to give the POY to Chavers he’s a beast. For some reason I don’t remember him from last year.
Wb RB Wilson was far more effective than Chaver on both sides of the Ball. That poor kid who tried to deny him the endzone felt his full fury. I sure hope he is ok ??

I thought that Canton South came out with a solid plan but they did not deviate from it when WB started to shut down the run. They continued to try and pound the ball up the middle and it was not working. They scored on a half back option (which was a great call when they did it) and when the RB from south finally bounced one outside after it looked like he was going to be stopped for no grain and took it to the house. WB on the other hand had a couple different young men step up and make plays and once again played as a complete team. As for POY in EBC, after last night, there is no doubt it is Hillyer and anything different would be an injustice to him and this team.

This team has most importantly provided a bright light for the community who is still dealing with multiple issues tied to our inability to pass a levy and multiple other issues from within our system. I hope this fantastic run continues for as long as it can and provides the younger classes with a glimpse of what Warrior football was like from the mid 80's into the early 2000's and what it can be moving forward.

Good luck to everyone else in our conference this year that is participating in the playoffs and keep grinding to get better!

Haha. Just curious, how did Mooney keep it close with Ursuline? Understnad it is a rivalrly game but was kinda surprisde to see it was a one score game.

Haha. Just curious, how did Mooney keep it close with Ursuline? Understnad it is a rivalrly game but was kinda surprisde to see it was a one score game.
Great question.
Here’s a question how is that Ursuline Qb allowed to play with the lack of equipment and pants 4 inches above his knees? Last week a Wb player was told by the official get your knees covered or leave the field. His pants were covering his knees just not below them.

Wb RB Wilson was far more effective than Chaver on both sides of the Ball. That poor kid who tried to deny him the endzone felt his full fury. I sure hope he is ok ??
WBs running back is having a nice year, great piece of the puzzle but not the main piece, Hillyer is the straw the stirs the drink at wb. The RB was really not a factor against Minerva and it was a 1 score game later in the 3rd quarter- Hillyer was the difference.

Buckeye
I get it WB didn’t show you anything last season for you to have anything positive to say ,but I am confident if you know football and I think you do your Feelings would be different if you seen this team play as a complete unit. Wb has a game to win Before possibly meeting Ursuline. They are a Talented team for sure . I hope they over look Wb. One thing I know the WB Boys will leave it all out on the field. Honestly I give them a 60% chance of winning simply do to the desire and heart of this warrior team.
if WB does win and play Ursiline they will not overlook west branch, wb would be 7-0 and scoring over 40 ppg and the higher seed, you will get Ursiline’s best effort.

Last edited:
Buckeye
Trust me I agree they are much much better then last season, but Ursuline is basically a good D2-3 team playing in D4. Its not a shot at west branch, I would feel the same about everyone they play in this region

Trust me I agree they are much much better then last season, but Ursuline is basically a good D2-3 team playing in D4. Its not a shot at west branch, I would feel the same about everyone they play in this region
I watched most of the Mooney game - I agree, Ursiline is really good. West branch has a great scheme and does a great job coaching - but WB has not faced and team with Unsiline’s talent, size and speed. Not saying wb will lose and I will definitely be rooting for them!! But Ursiline is a different animal. They also need to worry about a potential rematch with East Liverpool.

I'm not sure games like Eds vs Glenoak serve any positive purpose.
Glenoak should have opted out and scheduled teams they could compete with.
Give their boys a chance to win and have some fun.
Not get destroyed by a state power.

Last edited:
Playoff Match ups
#3 WB and #3 South both get Byes in D4
D3 games
#24 Alliance (0-6) at #9 Hubbard (4-2)
#19 Chagrin Falls Kenston (2-2) at #14 Marlington (3-2) - Winner plays Canfield

D4 games
#24 Minerva (0-6) at #9 Beaver Local (5-1)
#18 Struthers (2-4) at #15 Salem (3-3)
#22 Bexley (0-5) at #11 Carrollton (4-2)

I will be rooting for all of the EBC teams but I don't see too many deep runs in the playoffs

I pick Hubbard over Alliance big.

Kenston over Marlington by a couple up scores

Beaver Local will win big over Minerva (who should be playing a regular season game, not a playoff game)- already lost 56-7 to BL 3 weeks ago. BL has outscored their last 4 opponents 202-14.

The EBC is much improved but Struthers over Salem on this one. Both are rebuilding but Struthers' conference is better.

Carrollton will win big in week one, playing at Columbus Marion-Franklin in game 2 will be tough one.

WB got the 3 seed but not in an enviable position. They may have to beat East Liverpool for the 2nd time in 3 weeks which is tough to do and then likely play Youngstown Ursiline, probably the most talented team in the region. Prove me wrong WB because they are the EBC's best chance to make a run.

South will likely get Mentor Lake Catholic who's 2 losses came to State Power Kirkland and D2 Walsh Jesuit who is having a good year. That is a tough draw for a 5 seed!