The official EBC Football Thread

The covid cases has not effected the football team. No one is on quarantined from the football program. They are also on remote learning right now. So I don’t see why not. Also it’s homecoming, and Senior night for the band, and fall sport athletes.

The answers you have given are the same answers you have given for two years! The coaches are the morons, I am just speaking the truth as the numbers don’t lie. Commons was the QB but when kids are brain washed into another way of thinking that is hard to change. He was the QB and was very good. A change needs to happen! We suck and it’s not going away with the current plan. Didn’t we bench Croston and Kimble because they didn’t produce wins. Numbers don’t lie buddy. It’s funny how you don’t want anybody criticizing the Lions and that is the mentality with nepotism that has got us to present embarrassment. You fit the mold with current staff and admin. so enjoy losing in this crapping program because everyone is so caught up in who who and daddy’s boy. This stuff is why numbers are down and will get worse!

The kids do read this nonsense. It's really hard enough for them to go out and play with a 35 man roster, including freshmen. Now they have to deal with this controversy. The players want to win and the coaches want to win way more than the "fans" posting on here. If you want to criticize the coaching, talk about coaches kids and other kids why don't you do it face to face instead of posting on here. These are all good kids that made sacrifices all summer to play football, not even knowing if there was going to be a season. I can tell you that they are not happy with the results so far but the coaching staff is doing an excellent job keeping the kids motivated, in spite of posts like yours.

I personally like the entire coaching staff and what they represent. They are good role models and are teaching the kids to play the right way and act the right way. Of course we all want W's, especially the kids. To pit 2 kids against each other on this forum is just not right, It is not fair to the team, the coaches, the families and, most importantly, the kids. My son is on this football team and I am very pleased with every single coach on this staff.

The covid cases has not effected the football team. No one is on quarantined from the football program. They are also on remote learning right now. So I don’t see why not. Also it’s homecoming, and Senior night for the band, and fall sport athletes.
Great. Thanks

The kids do read this nonsense. It's really hard enough for them to go out and play with a 35 man roster, including freshmen. Now they have to deal with this controversy. The players want to win and the coaches want to win way more than the "fans" posting on here. If you want to criticize the coaching, talk about coaches kids and other kids why don't you do it face to face instead of posting on here. These are all good kids that made sacrifices all summer to play football, not even knowing if there was going to be a season. I can tell you that they are not happy with the results so far but the coaching staff is doing an excellent job keeping the kids motivated, in spite of posts like yours.

I personally like the entire coaching staff and what they represent. They are good role models and are teaching the kids to play the right way and act the right way. Of course we all want W's, especially the kids. To pit 2 kids against each other on this forum is just not right, It is not fair to the team, the coaches, the families and, most importantly, the kids. My son is on this football team and I am very pleased with every single coach on this staff.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with pitting kids against each other, it is a competitive sport in a competitive world. And obviously as everyone knows there is more to football especially football in Ohio than being a good role model as a coach. That is awesome, but you need to produce a good team as well That is awesome, but you need to produce a good team as well. don’t know how long this current staff has been in place, but Minerva has been bad for a while now.

So I heard Carrolton lines up to kick the winning field goal against Salem with seconds left. The kick was good to win the game and then out comes a penalty flag. Omg. The re-kick failed. Well it was Sr night at Salem.
I highly doubt that it was home cooking. I’ve never known anyone from Salem to be a ref at any point in recent memory. Either way, I would assume their refs are dispatched from either Youngstown or wherever the rest of the EBC refs come from, none which would ever have a reason to give them any favors.

Carrollton usually will have it on YouTube. If I remember I will try to attach a link to it before the game.
AFEDFAA4-9405-4263-ACC9-1F060477C6B4.png

Week # 4 who do you got?
Canton South at Alliance
Marlington at Salem
WestBranch at Carrollton
My picks
Alliance
Salem
Carrollton

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with pitting kids against each other, it is a competitive sport in a competitive world. And obviously as everyone knows there is more to football especially football in Ohio than being a good role model as a coach. That is awesome, but you need to produce a good team as well That is awesome, but you need to produce a good team as well. don’t know how long this current staff has been in place, but Minerva has been bad for a while now.
I don't necessarily disagree but this is not the forum to do that. This is the 2nd year for the head coach. Last year they had 5 close games and won 1. This year they were in every game at halftime, I know that's just a moral victory. I personally see progress but he took over a very poor program that was not even close to being competitive when he took over. But i haven't been to a game yet to really watch this year either so it is hard to assess. I think he is building a good foundation. Rome was not built in a day but it would be nice to get 2 to 3 wins this year. But you are right. I like what Lions Guy has to say but ultimately the coach needs to be measured by his record. The question is when is that when you take over a team that had a 40 game losing streak.

I highly doubt that it was home cooking. I’ve never known anyone from Salem to be a ref at any point in recent memory. Either way, I would assume their refs are dispatched from either Youngstown or wherever the rest of the EBC refs come from, none which would ever have a reason to give them any favors.
The EBC is like most other HS leagues in that it has a commissioner who assigns the referees for all athletic contests between league teams. The commissioner lives in western Stark County and has no ties to any EBC school, so he's about as impartial as one can be. He officiated for about 30 years himself.

I don't necessarily disagree but this is not the forum to do that. This is the 2nd year for the head coach. Last year they had 5 close games and won 1. This year they were in every game at halftime, I know that's just a moral victory. I personally see progress but he took over a very poor program that was not even close to being competitive when he took over. But i haven't been to a game yet to really watch this year either so it is hard to assess. I think he is building a good foundation. Rome was not built in a day but it would be nice to get 2 to 3 wins this year. But you are right. I like what Lions Guy has to say but ultimately the coach needs to be measured by his record. The question is when is that when you take over a team that had a 40 game losing streak.
We have no business in the EBC. The league is struggling anyway but we make it even worse as a program. Malvern would beat us ( we should schedule) and if we don’t look to move to another league which is the first step to change this program Minerva will be a loss column program for years to come. Minerva’s population is decreasing and the town is on a path for even more decrease in population, no one is moving into this drug infested community. People are moving out so this program and numbers are going nowhere unless we compete in a more compatible league. That’s step one, until then you keep dreaming. I speak the truth because I’m not a lifer Minervian. All I can do is laugh because you people are so jaded. Break down the ignorant walls of this program and make the changes or deal with loses!

We have no business in the EBC. The league is struggling anyway but we make it even worse as a program. Malvern would beat us ( we should schedule) and if we don’t look to move to another league which is the first step to change this program Minerva will be a loss column program for years to come. Minerva’s population is decreasing and the town is on a path for even more decrease in population, no one is moving into this drug infested community. People are moving out so this program and numbers are going nowhere unless we compete in a more compatible league. That’s step one, until then you keep dreaming. I speak the truth because I’m not a lifer Minervian. All I can do is laugh because you people are so jaded. Break down the ignorant walls of this program and make the changes or deal with loses!
I am not trying to be a jerk, but what league would Minerva not be a bottom dweller in? PAC? IVC? It’s not the league it’s the fact that the football program is not in a place it should be in. I’m not saying the lion should be world beaters but they should be competitive.

I am not trying to be a jerk, but what league would Minerva not be a bottom dweller in? PAC? IVC? It’s not the league it’s the fact that the football program is not in a place it should be in. I’m not saying the lion should be world beaters but they should be competitive.
Great post and as a Lion fan I agree. Hundley took over and 0-40 program and people are unrealistic. We should be competitive and I think if you ask the 3 teams we played we were into the 3rd quarter- could not say that 2 years ago. The roster is still too small and we still play too many sophomores but team is better that 2 years ago.

I expect that the Aviators at just about ready to take off!!

Great post and as a Lion fan I agree. Hundley took over and 0-40 program and people are unrealistic. We should be competitive and I think if you ask the 3 teams we played we were into the 3rd quarter- could not say that 2 years ago. The roster is still too small and we still play too many sophomores but team is better that 2 years ago.

Minerva is competitive in nearly all other sports. Football is popular and is the money maker. But there is other programs that benefit from being in the EBC.

Minerva is competitive in nearly all other sports. Football is popular and is the money maker. But there is other programs that benefit from being in the EBC.

This is true. Really the only struggling program is football; the others compete quite well in the EBC. The problem is that football isn’t important like it used to be in Minerva. Enrollment is down and the town has lost a lot of factory jobs but kids just don’t want to play anymore. We have some good players, just not enough. Losing is contagious and it’s tough to break the cycle. They’ve played well at times but haven’t put a complete performance together yet. Would like to see these kids get a win or two this year and have to give credit to the kids who have stuck with it all these years.

This is true. Really the only struggling program is football; the others compete quite well in the EBC. The problem is that football isn’t important like it used to be in Minerva. Enrollment is down and the town has lost a lot of factory jobs but kids just don’t want to play anymore. We have some good players, just not enough. Losing is contagious and it’s tough to break the cycle. They’ve played well at times but haven’t put a complete performance together yet. Would like to see these kids get a win or two this year and have to give credit to the kids who have stuck with it all these years.
Kids don’t want to play anymore Mav because the incentive of winning is gone! The EBC is not for Minerva. We need to move and move fast. Canton South was smart, Claymont, matches our enrollment, smart, went to IVC because they realized they can’t compete in the ECOL. Give the kids a chance to win is step one. Stop playing kids in important positions because of who they are. Kids are not going out here because of these two factors. Our QB should not be in that position and we all know this, but it is what it is now. Why do other programs our size have more on the roster and win games? League and program values is the answer. If we stay in this EBC and don’t change our culture here like NOW! We will be at rosters of 17!to 20. Your wrong Mav kids want to play believe me, but they want to have a chance to win and not be driven by jaded coaching staff and HC. Parents see this in Minerva, we can keep saying we’re good and it’s getting better ( it’s not ) or make these changes and move forward , it’s up to the leaders of this program what happens. You can’t break through the Minerva steel walls of the buddy system believe me. I guess we’ll see what happens after next year but I’m not holding my breath on change for betterment.

56 to 7 loss yeah we’re getting better, NOT. IVC would give us a chance competing with example Claymont and schools we can compete with to give us a chance to be in a game, win, and start building. You will not build on blowout losses. You guys kill me. We will never compete in the EBC, and I mean never. But, you keep dreaming, I’m actually talking reality.

56 to 7 loss yeah we’re getting better, NOT. IVC would give us a chance competing with example Claymont and schools we can compete with to give us a chance to be in a game, win, and start building. You will not build on blowout losses. You guys kill me. We will never compete in the EBC, and I mean never. But, you keep dreaming, I’m actually talking reality.
My alma mater used to play the likes of Boardman, Austintown Fitch, Mooney/Ursuline, etc.
After getting crunched for years we bailed on the Steel Valley Conference to play teams our size. Campbell Memorial, Brookfield, Hubbard and Girard did likewise. We are now in a perfect fit in the Northeast 8.
Orrville also had to downsize to get back to winning.

I totally agree with you. They really need to look at the IVC or other options, just like Canton South did.
Until they make the move the results will remain the same.
Can't get anywhere with perhaps 30 on the roster in the EBC.

I like the IVC, it works for Claymont who is our enrollment size and travel would just be part of it. Maybe we do compete in other sports in the EBC but do we excel like we could if we would change leagues to keep up with the rapid changes of our community population. Minerva is declining and people are and have been moving out( myself included) so that tells me react now and get us in a position to compete in a compatible league near future. There are a few other leagues but I have no clue what the leaders are thinking, but if we stay in the EBC we will never excel in football or be a school to talk about in other sports. Does anyone really think Minerva should be playing schools like Alliance and Marlington, Salem or Claymont and East Canton, Malvern, Tusky Valley. Remember Minerva is declining in population and it is showing in every aspect.