The official EBC Football Thread

I would say it’s Jimmy Common he is the back up now plays both sides. Common is a very good athlete I did watch him back then he could light it up in the sky. they have him at defensive end but his original spot is outside linebacker. And he’s tailback as well. If they would of kept him as quarterback I believe minerva would be a different team.
Common was the back up in 9th grade. He was A pretty good passer and runner. But I don’t think we should question that now, that ship Has sailed. I think Costea can get the job done and Common is in the right position- the only question I would have for the coaches is why can’t we get our 210 lb very fast and powerful back the football? I think he may have 10 touches in 2 games.. the Minerva tradition is powerful running backs- we have one and don’t use him- there has to be a good reason and it sure would be interesting to hear it- side note- Carrollton and West Branch are very good football teams and would had won anyways- let’s not forget that

Last edited:
Next season Canton South is leaving the EBC. We will be down to 6 teams. Any rumors or thoughts of good quality schools that should join our league. The thing is not just for football but for all sports. The two schools on the top of my head would be Beaver Local, and East Liverpool. Both schools usually have competitive football teams, and could field other competitive sports. Also geographically they both are reasonable to travel too. What’s everyone’s thoughts.

Common was the back up in 9th grade. He was A pretty good passer and runner. But I don’t think we should question that now, that ship Has sailed. I think Costea can get the job done and Common is in the right position- the only question I would have for the coaches is why can’t we get our 210 lb very fast and powerful back the football? I think he may have 10 touches in 2 games.. the Minerva tradition is powerful running backs- we have one and don’t use him- there has to be a good reason and it sure would be interesting to hear it- side note- Carrollton and West Branch are very good football teams and would had won anyways- let’s not forget that
ok thanks for the info. yes I would never question a coach on who plays where. its a tough job. but anyway appreciate the info

[/QUOTE
one more question. number #10? I watch from hulu

Next season Canton South is leaving the EBC. We will be down to 6 teams. Any rumors or thoughts of good quality schools that should join our league. The thing is not just for football but for all sports. The two schools on the top of my head would be Beaver Local, and East Liverpool. Both schools usually have competitive football teams, and could field other competitive sports. Also geographically they both are reasonable to travel too. What’s everyone’s thoughts.
Beaver local would be a nice fit I think- it would be nice to get the extra team it too.

I would say it’s Jimmy Common he is the back up now plays both sides. Common is a very good athlete I did watch him back then he could light it up in the sky. they have him at defensive end but his original spot is outside linebacker. And he’s tailback as well. If they would of kept him as quarterback I believe minerva would be a different team.
thank you sir

They are currently members of the Buckeye 8 Conference ( North Division). Not sure why they would want to leave?

Please let’s not turn this into a Minerva post- there are way too many good stories to talk about, is Carrollton on the rise, how can Alliance have 2 great quarterbacks? Great players like Hillyer, Alexander, Evanich, Hartsoe, Beard, McKeivier, common, burress and many others- If we must complain about Minerva start another thread! Too many good things happening- like being allowed to play!?

Last edited:
Please let’s not turn this into a Minerva post- there are way too many good stories to talk about, is Carrollton in the rise, how can Alliance have 2 great quarterbacks? Great players like Hillyer, Alexander, Evanich, Hartsoe, Beard, McKeivier, common, burress and many others- If we must complain about Minerva start another thread! Too many good things happening- like being allowed to play!?

Agreed, allowing the boys/girls (seniors especially) the ability to hopefully get a season in is the number one goal.
Good luck to all the EBC & area teams.
Carrollton, great players & great win from a Dukes fan!!

The odds of getting those schools to join is much higher with South out of the picture (as well as Louisville). The league's footprint continues to creep eastward.

just watched last 2 games. sir Minerva needs to put number 10 at qb. number 3 isn't ready.
Post about alliance- they have 2 quarterbacks so which one should play- 3 needs to play quarterback at Minerva and 10 needs to play D-end and running back- yes get him the ball more but at running back somehow bit this is the best fit for out team/ what should alliance do, Alexander, Hartsoe or both?

Crestview doesn't have much coming up. JH lost to Salem two weeks ago 35-12 and JFK beat Salem JH last week 38-6. I don't think they would be a le to hang in the long run.

Plus, I don't see why Crestview would leave the conference they're in right now. They'll have eight schools in their division of the conference next season with a chance at potential realignment geographically moving forward with that league.

Post about alliance- they have 2 quarterbacks so which one should play- 3 needs to play quarterback at Minerva and 10 needs to play D-end and running back- yes get him the ball more but at running back somehow bit this is the best fit for out team/ what should alliance do, Alexander, Hartsoe or both?
sorry sir I won't post about Minerva again just my experienced opinions dont want see a player lose confidence in poor play. and both qbs at could play at alliance. my opinion is give each a quarter and have fun. don't want to disrespect anyone

Please let’s not turn this into a Minerva post- there are way too many good stories to talk about, is Carrollton on the rise, how can Alliance have 2 great quarterbacks? Great players like Hillyer, Alexander, Evanich, Hartsoe, Beard, McKeivier, common, burress and many others- If we must complain about Minerva start another thread! Too many good things happening- like being allowed to play!?

Common ran all over WB last year I a agree he should be touching the ball at least 15 touches or more a game. I watch the Carrollton game they where missing garrison it would of been a different game they still would not of won, But it would of open there offense up. As for Alliance Alexander is still the guy not taking anything from Hartsoe he’s explosive as well. And the sophomore running back he’s going to be a good one to watch. Carrollton has beard he can be explosive and there offensive and defensive line are really good as well. As for west Branch they probably have one of the best Quarterbacks around Hillyer and receivers and probably the best receiver as in Mckeivier but he has not had that many touches he is very explosive. West branch defense is loaded with so much talent and speed. Salem only has 2 players that are very good they are seniors they are a young team. As for Canton South don’t know much about them other than they are 2-0. Marlington has young team but very good quarterback Evanich and running back. I would still say Alliance is The team to beat they hold EBC title. Carrollton is right there with them. It will be a very good game this week between Alliance and WB.

sorry sir I won't post about Minerva again just my experienced opinions dont want see a player lose confidence in poor play. and both qbs at could play at alliance. my opinion is give each a quarter and have fun. don't want to disrespect anyone

What exactly is it that you are apologizing for? Because you put your opinion on an opinionated forum? I've read your comments and you have zilch to apologize for. This notion that if you post something that it has to be about Alliance or how good Carrollton or West Branch might or might not be is nuts. I love my Minerva Lions and if I make a post on here there is a 99.999999% chance that it is going to be about my Minerva Lions. NBC 1988 and other posters have two choices, read it or swipe left. This is an EBC thread and the last time I checked, Minerva resides in the EBC. That's the problem in today's world, God forbid someone have a dissenting opinion.

What exactly is it that you are apologizing for? Because you put your opinion on an opinionated forum? I've read your comments and you have zilch to apologize for. This notion that if you post something that it has to be about Alliance or how good Carrollton or West Branch might or might not be is nuts. I love my Minerva Lions and if I make a post on here there is a 99.999999% chance that it is going to be about my Minerva Lions. NBC 1988 and other posters have two choices, read it or swipe left. This is an EBC thread and the last time I checked, Minerva resides in the EBC. That's the problem in today's world, God forbid someone have a dissenting opinion.
yeh I know but I rather apologize to narrow minded people NBC 1988 than argue. I still believe in my opinion number 3 isn't ready they coaches are going ruin confidence of this young man. hes over his head anyone should be able to see this. their just hurting this young man. anyway thats all.

yeh I know but I rather apologize to narrow minded people NBC 1988 than argue. I still believe in my opinion number 3 isn't ready they coaches are going ruin confidence of this young man. hes over his head anyone should be able to see this. their just hurting this young man. anyway thats all.
Isn’t their QB a JR in his 3rd year as a starter?