The official EBC Football Thread

Fine. Meet me at your mothers house mr serious
Thanks but she’s dead...Back to Football now...

If there is one team in the EBC that I’m very clueless on it is Canton South. I know they have a great class coming through the ranks hopefully they all don’t transfer to McKinley

Ah yes back to some football. But seriously Queen is awesome. But anyway how about a team breakdown by a supporter. I have a good general idea, but don’t have particular player names.

pre season POY COY?

Ah yes back to some football. But seriously Queen is awesome. But anyway how about a team breakdown by a supporter. I have a good general idea, but don’t have particular player names.

pre season POY COY?

I think this is a fair list of contenders:
Alexander (Alliance)
Hartsoe (Alliance)
Johnson (Salem)
Evanich (Marlington)
Hillyer (WB)
Mckiever (WB)
Common (Minerva)
Markins (Minerva)
Chavers (CS)
Moses (CS)
Beard (Car)

If one thing has taught us anything. The POY can come from the school that didn’t win the league as we found out the past two years.

I think this is a fair list of contenders:
Alexander (Alliance)
Hartsoe (Alliance)
Johnson (Salem)
Evanich (Marlington)
Hillyer (WB)
Mckiever (WB)
Common (Minerva)
Markins (Minerva)
Chavers (CS)
Moses (CS)
Beard (Car)

If one thing has taught us anything. The POY can come from the school that didn’t win the league as we found out the past two years.
Your list looks spot on. Would really like to see a healthy Alexander, he can be a big time player.

Pretty good start . I’ll trim some Fat off and go with these Boys.

Alexander (Alliance)
Hillyer (WB)
Common (Minerva)
Chavers (CS)
[/QUOTE

good list, Alexander has the size and tools to be a big time player. If WB turns Hillyer loose he may the be the best dual threat QB i the area, and beyond. Common is a big, strong and fast kid that plays well on both sides of of the ball. Chavers is dynamic.. I do like McKeiver, he can make plays too and a heck of a target for Hillyer. This is a season that I am really looking forward to. I really hope the play!!!

I am hearing Alexander won't be playing QB for the Aviators this fall? I know the A's had success after he went down, but hard to imagine him not being the guy. Alliance will be the favorite but I foresee a very competitive league with a lot of strange games. I think South will be somewhat of a dark horse and if they can have some early success, could make some noise.

I am hearing Alexander won't be playing QB for the Aviators this fall? I know the A's had success after he went down, but hard to imagine him not being the guy. Alliance will be the favorite but I foresee a very competitive league with a lot of strange games. I think South will be somewhat of a dark horse and if they can have some early success, could make some noise.

The Hartsoe kid did finish the year out at QB and I know Alexander was moved to WR for the Marlington game when he was back from injury. Hartsoe broke the school record for single game passing against the dukes. I'd imagine they would play both. Maybe Alliance1 or CaptainA could answer this question

It’s a shame that Canton South doesn’t have a JR QB who went to Massillon and a JR RB that started for South as a freshmen that went to McKinley on the roster this year. Wish both of them well and not sure what kind of playing time they will get but they sure would have made South a lot better. With that being said, South will still be much improved this year.

It’s a shame that Canton South doesn’t have a JR QB who went to Massillon and a JR RB that started for South as a freshmen that went to McKinley on the roster this year. Wish both of them well and not sure what kind of playing time they will get but they sure would have made South a lot better. With that being said, South will still be much improved this year.

The PAC could be in the market for an 8th league member. Word is Loudonville will be in another league beginning in the fall of 2022. Will Canton South make a play if the PAC is interested in remaining at 8 members?

I would think that South would be very interested in the PAC. If the PAC wants to remain an 8 team conference ( and they should ), is there any reason why they wouldn"t want Canton South?

The Hartsoe kid did finish the year out at QB and I know Alexander was moved to WR for the Marlington game when he was back from injury. Hartsoe broke the school record for single game passing against the dukes. I'd imagine they would play both. Maybe Alliance1 or CaptainA could answer this question
What a great "problem" to have. I would imagine that Hartsoe would be a heckuva receiver or running back too. He is also a very good defensive player.

good list, Alexander has the size and tools to be a big time player. If WB turns Hillyer loose he may the be the best dual threat QB i the area, and beyond. Common is a big, strong and fast kid that plays well on both sides of the ball. Chavers is dynamic.. I do like McKeiver, he can make plays too and a heck of a target for Hillyer. This is a season that I am really looking forward to. I really hope they play this fall, it could be a fun year in the EBC!!!

Hearing good things from Wildcat country! Numbers are way up at the workouts and kids have been working extremely hard and putting in extra work. Any news from other EBC schools?

Hearing good things from Wildcat country! Numbers are way up at the workouts and kids have been working extremely hard and putting in extra work. Any news from other EBC schools?

I have heard the same encouraging news, Satoshi. Numbers have consistently been in the mid-50s which would be a huge jump from the high 30s the Cats were dealing with in recent seasons. Even more encouraging is the fact that 30-plus kids are freshman and sophomores. It would be huge for the growth of the program if we could play a freshman schedule, or at the very least have a competitive JV team to help our young guys get meaningful reps. Former Wildcat 1st team all-Ohio WR Jerald Robinson has joined the staff to coach WRs and DBs with former Cat Cory Bourquin and they’ve wasted zero time in getting the skill guys to stay late and work on their skills. Absolutely love the hire.

The Cats return three senior starting lineman, all of whom have seen varsity action since their sophomore years. Trent Chavers is a two-way force and 2019 first team All-EBC defensive end (I’m sure old schoolers like Satoshi remember his father Vic Chavers, who was first team all-Ohio for the Cats back in the early 90’s). Juniors Gavin Moses and Hunter Holcomb have been varsity starters since their freshman years. Seniors Shamar Blackmon and Cole Burch are two-way returning starters and will be counted on. Multiple basketball guys who haven’t played football in the past are standing out during workouts as well.

The pieces are there, and the pieces are interesting. The depth is very encouraging especially since it has been our Achilles heel recently. If the Cats can make the right choice at QB, I’m optimistic we can be very competitive in 2020.

I have heard the same encouraging news, Satoshi. Numbers have consistently been in the mid-50s which would be a huge jump from the high 30s the Cats were dealing with in recent seasons. Even more encouraging is the fact that 30-plus kids are freshman and sophomores. It would be huge for the growth of the program if we could play a freshman schedule, or at the very least have a competitive JV team to help our young guys get meaningful reps. Former Wildcat 1st team all-Ohio WR Jerald Robinson has joined the staff to coach WRs and DBs with former Cat Cory Bourquin and they’ve wasted zero time in getting the skill guys to stay late and work on their skills. Absolutely love the hire.

The Cats return three senior starting lineman, all of whom have seen varsity action since their sophomore years. Trent Chavers is a two-way force and 2019 first team All-EBC defensive end (I’m sure old schoolers like Satoshi remember his father Vic Chavers, who was first team all-Ohio for the Cats back in the early 90’s). Juniors Gavin Moses and Hunter Holcomb have been varsity starters since their freshman years. Seniors Shamar Blackmon and Cole Burch are two-way returning starters and will be counted on. Multiple basketball guys who haven’t played football in the past are standing out during workouts as well.

The pieces are there, and the pieces are interesting. The depth is very encouraging especially since it has been our Achilles heel recently. If the Cats can make the right choice at QB, I’m optimistic we can be very competitive in 2020.

Good to hear, the league is a better place when Canton South is competitive. South played everybody tough last year including Alliance and Marlington. I know the incoming freshman class has some talent coming through too.

So is the EBC going to disband after 2021? Will they try to expand? Play with only six?

If they try to expand, I think Sandy Valley, Claymont, Indian Valley, or South Range would be good candidates.

So is the EBC going to disband after 2021? Will they try to expand? Play with only six?

If they try to expand, I think Sandy Valley, Claymont, Indian Valley, or South Range would be good candidates.

I couldn't see them disbanding mostly because there aren't many natural fits for the remaining teams but you could theoretically see a realignment. If I was Carrollton I'd be making contingency plans for sure

The league could survive with 6 teams. Scheduling will become easier in the sense all non league games could be Week 1-5. I doubt it though

Heard DJ Dota is leaving WB and accepting a position with Girard as a strength and conditioning teacher along with taking a Coaching position ! Smart move.

The league could survive with 6 teams. Scheduling will become easier in the sense all non league games could be Week 1-5. I doubt it though
If Canton South joins how many teams will be in the PAC now? Would there be an opening for a couple more to be joining to make them the PAC -10? I see Minerva asking. You watch, all these ADs are going to want to be in 10 team leagues now so they only have to worry about 1 OOC game to schedule.

PAC would be: Northwest Canton South Fairless Tuslaw Orrville Triway Manchester CVCA - and I am completely surprised South gets in but it does make the league solid 8 - and have heard the same about South joining.

Which schools make sense distance wise and competition wise - Ravenna SE? Crestview?
Where could schools go? Salem/WB to the east, Minerva Carrollton to the south? Alliance Marlington stuck like chuck?

Not sure why this would be a big surprise. South is close to being D five and in the last couple of years have played CVCA and Northwest In football and CVCA, NW, Manchester, Tuslaw, Triway and Fairless in hoops and a lot of those same teams in baseball. South has a beautifully renovated football stadium that would be the nicest in the PAC and also a new gymnasium. Personally, I would love to see South and Minerva join and CVCA leave. I think that would make for a nice well balanced league although the drive from Minerva to Triway would be a haul. Hopefully it happens but until it’s official I’m not holding my breath because I thought South was in a couple of years ago and at the last minute was turned down.