The official EBC Football Thread

Alliance and Marlington 1-2 last two years
Salem leaped to 3 last year
South, WB, and Carrollton had better 2018 showings
Minerva showed improvement in 2019

Which team in 2020 shakes it up? Or are the Aviators posed to take the top spot again?

I think Alliance continues but my Darkhorses for the league are going to be Carrollton and West Branch. Marlington will slip but not much.

Last edited:
Jefferson would join the CVC to play orange. Geneva. Edgewood. Harvey. Lakeside. They’re a good fit. They might actually win a game. They are getting blown out by everyone in every sport in the ne8 and driving an hour plus to do it. They also have little fan support and bring hardly anyone to the games. Doesn’t help the gate. And who told me that? Like I would tell some random who I talk to. Same guy that told me Bowden was transferring to Harding and that reardon was coming back to Ursuline.

Howland has wanted in all along. Hubbard and Niles are both d3. There isn’t an issue. And player safety? What?South range is more than capable. They field large teams. They joined the league knowing the direction of the enrollments of the schools and wanted the challenge of the league. If they didn’t want the challenge they would have never joined. That’s an ignorant statement. Yeah your hypothetical league would be fair but no one would ever want to play with Ursuline and mooney for obvious reasons.
Hey Genius! The 7 member schools of the NE8 must be as ignorant as you? Jefferson just didn't all of the sudden force their way into the NE8 and tricked the rest of the schools as to their quality of athletic programs. They were invited in! Also about 20 years ago GPS was made available to the general public, so do you Magellans in Struthers not know directions? Surely you punched the address into the GPS before you invited them into a league? South Range amongst others get to use Jefferson as a bye week, of course they want to play them to get a breather in a league that they are the smallest school in! Why does the SEC play FCS schools in late November? Also gates at Jefferson games should be higher because everyone gets to play! No disrespect to Jefferson, but sure seems as if all parties involved knew what was going to happen. I think the basketball, baseball and track are decent too for Jefferson. Next, better check to see the CVC website, Perry is just as good, if not better than any NE8 team the past 10 seasons. Also you need a cross over game, so Kirtland is looming. Ever see them play? I'm no CVC expert, but know more than you. Bowden and Reardon were the two worst kept secrets in the valley. Many randoms tell you things like, don't drive home, you shouldn't have another, that never happened, etc. LOL! Just kidding dude, your post really struggles to make sense though. You act like after 7 months all these surprises of the NE8 are now being revealed, all schools involved knew each other and what to expect. Why was Howland block just a year ago? It absolutely makes zero sense to think Jefferson would run after 2 seasons and everyone would welcome Howland with open arms? The NE8 schools offer a geography classes?

Hey Genius! The 7 member schools of the NE8 must be as ignorant as you? Jefferson just didn't all of the sudden force their way into the NE8 and tricked the rest of the schools as to their quality of athletic programs. They were invited in! Also about 20 years ago GPS was made available to the general public, so do you Magellans in Struthers not know directions? Surely you punched the address into the GPS before you invited them into a league? South Range amongst others get to use Jefferson as a bye week, of course they want to play them to get a breather in a league that they are the smallest school in! Why does the SEC play FCS schools in late November? Also gates at Jefferson games should be higher because everyone gets to play! No disrespect to Jefferson, but sure seems as if all parties involved knew what was going to happen. I think the basketball, baseball and track are decent too for Jefferson. Next, better check to see the CVC website, Perry is just as good, if not better than any NE8 team the past 10 seasons. Also you need a cross over game, so Kirtland is looming. Ever see them play? I'm no CVC expert, but know more than you. Bowden and Reardon were the two worst kept secrets in the valley. Many randoms tell you things like, don't drive home, you shouldn't have another, that never happened, etc. LOL! Just kidding dude, your post really struggles to make sense though. You act like after 7 months all these surprises of the NE8 are now being revealed, all schools involved knew each other and what to expect. Why was Howland block just a year ago? It absolutely makes zero sense to think Jefferson would run after 2 seasons and everyone would welcome Howland with open arms? The NE8 schools offer a geography classes?
You’re a whack job and really out of touch on the subject it’s kind of embarrassing actually I feel bad for you also the last 2 seasons Poland and girard made it out of the region not Perry. I’m not sure how Jefferson’s baseball team is which also bring in zero revenue but their basketball team was very bad, and if jtown the only jefferson follower I know on here will tell you they’re getting worse and worse with the classes coming up. I understand you want a free gimme game but you have 3 of those at your disposal already, you can schedule the OOC however you want without league mandates.

Last edited:
You are truly struggling with this. So I will let it simmer. When Jefferson leaves by 2021 I will come back to this. I can understand someone from south range being upset but they wanted to play up. Jefferson as a gimme game doesn’t help. If they’re 0-10 it actually hurts everyone involved. The teams are better off with a bye week. If you knew anything about the playoff system you would know that.
Also the cvc does have perry. But they don’t have the number of schools that will blow them out like the Ne8 will. (But who beat perry the last two years)) Even lakeview who is very bad blew them out. One coach did tell me that they would have been better off scrimmaging their jv squad. But continue to moan about things you have no idea about.

Man I missed a week and this went full fledge NE8 . As an EBC fan I don’t give a crap about any of of those teams. Back to EBC

Marlington has nothing coming. South and Alliance do . Salem will battle and Carrollton could be a surprise, Minerva will be a challenge for some years to come. West Branch will not do what’s needed to win , they will cave to the check writers always have always will .

and I for one would welcome Louisville back with open arms.

Man I missed a week and this went full fledge NE8 . As an EBC fan I don’t give a crap about any of of those teams. Back to EBC

Marlington has nothing coming. South and Alliance do . Salem will battle and Carrollton could be a surprise, Minerva will be a challenge for some years to come. West Branch will not do what’s needed to win , they will cave to the check writers always have always will .

and I for one would welcome Louisville back with open arms.
You say that now until they come back and make teams that arnt alliance look horrible

Remember when this was an EBC thread ?
I am sorry for being part of the NE8 take over of this thread but I feel like there is interest in the EBC playing the NE8 schools because most of us see potential for good rival games. There is some history between some of these schools already and it would be fun to build upon them. As for me, as a Louisville leopard fan and a Niles Red Dragon fan the more these conferences can play each other the better it will be for football in the area. For anyone who is not old enough to remember the old AAC and saw how those rival schools had was something special. It was crazy that towns that were so far apart became such intense rivals before the days of social media and Yappi. We need to make the two conferences one big 16 school conference and Everyone would be envious of this Stark, Mahoning and Trumbull area football.

I am sorry for being part of the NE8 take over of this thread but I feel like there is interest in the EBC playing the NE8 schools because most of us see potential for good rival games. There is some history between some of these schools already and it would be fun to build upon them. As for me, as a Louisville leopard fan and a Niles Red Dragon fan the more these conferences can play each other the better it will be for football in the area. For anyone who is not old enough to remember the old AAC and saw how those rival schools had was something special. It was crazy that towns that were so far apart became such intense rivals before the days of social media and Yappi. We need to make the two conferences one big 16 school conference and Everyone would be envious of this Stark, Mahoning and Trumbull area football.
Just start that thread . I for one could care less about NE8