The Official 2021 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Maybe buy a baseball team and hire him. Nobody cares if your sad Thom was held accountable. I’m sure he’ll get a second chance down the road if he’s contrite.
He did some Mexican league baseball games over the winter months. And hey, who knows, the way baseball is going maybe an average Joe could buy a baseball team some day. The Yankees / Dodgers / Phillies/ Cardinals/ Nationals/ Mets are going to have all the great players.

Doolittle has pronouns in his Twitter bio... cut him.
80DBED0D-78CC-468D-802C-A12D2E405E6D.jpeg

Last edited:
Rumor has it that LA may be looking to move David Price in a salary dump to make room for Bauer. If they are, The Reds need to be in on him.

Assuming the Reds could have afforded one of the premier SS Free Agents (Krall says they made offers) then the Reds should have some money to spend. Boston is paying half of Price's salary ($16M) but LA gets hit with the full $32M against the luxury tax. A minor leaguer with no real shot at the bigs would probably get the deal done.

Incel’s are funny.
Not as funny as ppl who put pronouns in their bio. Everything I’ve read, he just sounds like a d bag. He lectured Trea Turner about some of his old tweets. Imagine being lectured by a Middle Relief Pitcher when you’re the starting SS. This guy is ok, he’s an upgrade from any of their current Relievers, but he’s a woke cancer.

Not as funny as ppl who put pronouns in their bio. Everything I’ve read, he just sounds like a d bag. He lectured Trea Turner about some of his old tweets. Imagine being lectured by a Middle Relief Pitcher when you’re the starting SS. This guy is ok, he’s an upgrade from any of their current Relievers, but he’s a woke cancer.
Why are you an ahole 24/7?

Why are you an ahole 24/7?
I’m not, I just legitimately HATE these types of people. It’s not even so much about politics as it is them trying to socially engineer society. If he wanted to tweet about M4A or raising the min wage, I wouldn’t care. But these particular set of ppl want to impose their fictionalized version of society on us. And I was, and still am for gay marriage. I’ll never budge on that, but the LGBTQ+ community on social media sucks. They’re just nasty people who don’t want equality, they want power.

I’m not, I just legitimately HATE these types of people. It’s not even so much about politics as it is them trying to socially engineer society. If he wanted to tweet about M4A or raising the min wage, I wouldn’t care. But these particular set of ppl want to impose their fictionalized version of society on us.
Did he riot at the capitol? If so, you’d actually be correct.

Pretty sure he just hates females no matter what. Still upset about the chick from Vandy kicking the extra point over on the college football board. Never brings any true knowledge to the discussions but these boards are open to everyone. Oh, and Doolittle's wife had a good relationship with with fans in Washington, don't see why that'd change in Cincinnati. And to be honest, Cincinnati chili get's made fun of all the time. Doesn't hurt my feelings and I still love it.

Pretty sure he just hates females no matter what. Still upset about the chick from Vandy kicking the extra point over on the college football board. Never brings any true knowledge to the discussions but these boards are open to everyone. Oh, and Doolittle's wife had a good relationship with with fans in Washington, don't see why that'd change in Cincinnati. And to be honest, Cincinnati chili get's made fun of all the time. Doesn't hurt my feelings and I still love it.
It’s really strange. I mean, I could understand a joke, but this stuff really affects him.

missed a couple days on the thread and we took a weird detour. :ROFLMAO:

Dee Gordon - we'll see. But the Villar comment is intriguing. Not sure why he fell off in 2020 but prior to that he was a dynamic offensive guy.

I wasn't that enthused about the Reds paying big money for the top SS options that were available, so if they could get a nice year out of Villar on a discount that would be great. The Reds really screwed up by not keeping Jose Iglesias. He plays gold glove defense and hit .373 last year before he got hurt. Only making $3.5M this season with the O's

Anyway, back on topic, feels like the Reds could’ve used him. I know he was bad last season, but he was hurt.

So it begins...Lucas Sims, Reds relief pitcher and possible starter, being eased into spring training because of "elbow tightness". For those of you who follow baseball closely, any arm "tightness" is bad... as in many times the beginning of Tommy John talk, and not the underwear.

Meanwhile on the good news front... Reds adding potential depth. RHP Shane Carle, RHP Brandon Shipley and infielder Max Schrock.