The Official 2021 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Totally agree. No harm in trading Stephenson, and maybe Derek Johnson can "fix" Hoffman; if so nice pickup. Zeeyore complains if they do nothing, and complains if they do something. He/she never has any ideas or a plan, just ing.
Actually trolling you in particular ? it’s amazing to me that people like you care enough about an organization like the Dead’s

Unless the Reds can push a blockbuster deal to land Lindor or Story, I’m thinking Marcus Semien might be the best bang for the buck on free agent market.

Unless the Reds can push a blockbuster deal to land Lindor or Story, I’m thinking Marcus Semien might be the best bang for the buck on free agent market.

Agreed - Semien would be substantially cheaper than Story or Lindor. He has power and speed, still only 30 years old. DiDi is only 31 but seems to be declining / getting hurt more. Simmons is OK but not a huge fan - better on offense than what we have, but not by a lot.

Actually trolling you in particular ? it’s amazing to me that people like you care enough about an organization like the Dead’s
Yeah, it sure is strange when people care about their sports teams ?‍♂️. Makes you wonder why these billion dollar industries even exist. Such a dope.

Yeah, it sure is strange when people care about their sports teams ?‍♂️. Makes you wonder why these billion dollar industries even exist. Such a dope.
Yep if you’re talking about franchises that actually win I would agree with you but Zinzinnati has two pro teams that suck and have for a long time.

There is going to be some pretty good baseball players out there soon. The ability for teams to sign guys to longer term contracts is over. The money is drying up due to shutting down the country. Not necessarily super stars, but good, solid players you need to win.

How desperate are teams to move payroll? Some ownership groups have been hit very hard with losses outside of baseball as well as within. They might be willing to part with real talent along with prospects to entice some team to take on the salary. An owner like Castellini who has done well this year with his core business might be able to buy MLB talent and prospects for non prospects and the willingness to take on salary.
That, and I think you'll see lot of arbitration eligible players be released due to financial losses. There will be some bargains to be had!

Should the Reds go after Kyle Schwarber? Heck if they let him wear a Cubs uniform for home games he'll hit 60-70 dingers over the course of 81 games

Well, the Reds non-tendered Casali, Goodwin and Bradley. Plenty of roster space available. I expected Bradley and Goodwin. Dumping Casali clearly indicates that Stephenson will be primary catcher this year, or at least 50-50 split with Barny.

I was not happy when I saw Farmer on the non-tendered list, but the Reds immediately re-signed him, so that's good. I'd be in favor of chasing Schwarber as long we are trading an OF to get a top SS.

Personally I think moving Winker for a SS and replacing him with Schwarber isn't the best use of resources. Unless you can get him to sign a 5yr/$35M deal or something along those lines. Winker is cheaper and trending up with 3 years control left.

Let's assume Lindor is the target. He's going to cost 21.5M plus Winker, a high prospect and another couple midtier prospects. Then Sign Schwarber for 7M/yr. That's adding 25M in payroll plus prospects to upgrade SS.

They would better off signing Brad Hand, Archie Bradley, and Didi Gregorious and still have money left plus their prospects.

Maybe a Lindor deal will include Miley ($9M) going to Cleveland...

That’s because you’re a moron. I did point his stats were better or equivalent to Lindor’s when I posted about it though. ??‍♂️
Nope, you made the argument you would rather have Freddy, now you want Lindor? Senzel s level of suckitude has you willing to trade him now ?

Nope, you made the argument you would rather have Freddy, now you want Lindor? Senzel s level of suckitude has you willing to trade him now ?
Link? Lindor came at a price/trade and a limited playing window that wasn’t equitable for the Reds. ??‍♂️