The official 2021 Canton McKinley Football discussion

We just beat your favorite team in hoops..BAM!..Everyone knows it's basketball season so let's talk about it.

just had a roster of who returns sent to me. Going to be a nice team with some nice sized student athletes returning.

I'd post it - however the numerous village idiots on here don't need the satisfaction, they must be desperate on the recruiting trail this off season if they sweating McK thread for a roster of returners.

HONK
They lost a lot of starters and looking for help in most positions.

Obviously we lost a boat load of starters, not claiming the talent isn’t there. Not saying they will win the bell back either,I just like their odds this year more than previous years. Go Tigers ?

What’s up with the bitterness sport?

Noticing you’re a new member, even though you used a Massillon- supportive screen name, you will have to “bend the knee” and proclaim Massillon Greatness before the current Massilloons in order to be accepted.

Attachments

• 48260EBA-100C-472D-BA69-EF9E6BA64317.jpeg
    48260EBA-100C-472D-BA69-EF9E6BA64317.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 11
Dave - two things -

It was never a real question about the returnees but thanks for having the class to answer. It was a Mazzhole just trolling. He'll be back with some useless post just to show he can. Best response is no response.

And to answer your original question in post 1 - no, the mods won't protect this thread like they do others. Sad.

Last edited:
The Powell kid seems like he's been there forever, and man he has really nice size. Could be Katzenmoyer sized by next year. A lot of the kids on last year's pup roster have really nice size. Forty four kids on that roster who knows how many will return. Is there a possibility that any sophomores to be could contribute?

Serious question....I have my own ideas but I want to hear the opinions of some bulldog supporters. What does McKinley bring to the table for transfers? I mean, if I'm a high school football player and am looking to transfer, how would you sell McKinley to me?
McKinley is actually a really nice looking high school and contrary to outside belief it's not in a bad area. The sports facilities are obviously nice. I'm not real happy on how the baseball team will play at Thurman Munson and ven though that's going to get redone I just have the belief that a high school sports program should be played on the school grounds but you know they didn't ask me. As far as the academic part of it I've had relatives go to McKinley and they never had an employer say to them oh you went there and they got into some really tough colleges so IMO

I could sell it to anyone - just by meeting the many awesome people who work there that are trying to make a difference in the lives of young people.

Simple really. Same way you would sell your fav school to a newcomer.
another easy sell is hey if you happen to play football at McK you know you can work hard and have a chance to compete and not have to worry about an overzealous booster club continuously trying to recruit talent to come in and replace you.

again simple
So....you would tell a transfer he wouldn't be replaced by another transfer?

McKinley is actually a really nice looking high school and contrary to outside belief it's not in a bad area. The sports facilities are obviously nice. I'm not real happy on how the baseball team will play at Thurman Munson and ven though that's going to get redone I just have the belief that a high school sports program should be played on the school grounds but you know they didn't ask me. As far as the academic part of it I've had relatives go to McKinley and they never had an employer say to them oh you went there and they got into some really tough colleges so IMO
Thank you for a serious answer.

McKinley has a lot of selling points, first and foremost....their history and tradition. I know their football program has slid a bit but they still have a lot to offer to potential transfers. Let's be honest, the McKinley basketball program is without a doubt one of the top, if not THE top program in Ohio, despite itself having a down period, and 40% of their starters are transfers....they were able to attract kids, and I believe the football program could do the same. Another is the facilities, why wouldn't a kid want to play at Benson? Attention....despite what people say, scouts have Massillon and McKinley circled as must visits.

It's also a plus when former greats stay in touch with the program. I believe it shows the kids that with hard work and dedication, they could make their dreams a reality.

"Or the ones the McKinley players use when they get in trouble with the law." - JLP on another thread yesterday taking a swipe at McK players. Again, best to ignore this ugly, hateful racist.

Back on topic. I know Massillon has a lot of young men who show up to support the current Tigers, Devin Smith, Gareon Conley, Tre'von Morgan, Justin Zwick among others, Crable is on the staff of the (I believe) 8th grade. The McKinley players would certainly get a boost if Mike Doss would occasionally show up, although, i dont even know if hes still in the area. I know Kenny Peterson is though....Maybe he does....idk, are there others who do? Is Antonio Hall still connected to the program at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another post from thoughtful poster JLP who only wants positive football discussion:

There really is no attraction....matter of fact, I would imagine it's the very opposite of "attraction" that's contributing to the delays and $ issues. Canton has the reputation of being a dirty dangerous town. I would hate to take my family there, leave after dark and have to stop for gas or have my car breakdown somewhere in the heart of Canton.

Back on topic. I know Massillon has a lot of young men who show up to support the current Tigers, Devin Smith, Gareon Conley, Tre'von Morgan, Justin Zwick among others, Crable is on the staff of the (I believe) 8th grade. The McKinley players would certainly get a boost if Mike Doss would occasionally show up, although, i dont even know if hes still in the area. I know Kenny Peterson is though....Maybe he does....idk, are there others who do? Is Antonio Hall still connected to the program at all?
Kenny Peterson I believe helped out with the football team last year.

Antonio Hall is the AD for McKinley.