The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Anyone with any knowledge of statistics knows it’s too small of a sample size to draw a meaningful conclusion
I simply said "Shogo has had a lot of terrific at bats lately." then you come on here to have this stupid argument lol. No one is arguing that Shogo has been a disappointment this year, but he has been very good the last two weeks. Like jtk said, you're a moron.

Missing the playoffs this yr does bother me.

i guess i should've said any of the mentally stable reds fans, i guess.

i will say it's a shame they couldn't hit this year, but it hasn't been a normal year. i won't lose any sleep.

jtk
()

I simply said "Shogo has had a lot of terrific at bats lately." then you come on here to have this stupid argument lol. No one is arguing that Shogo has been a disappointment this year, but he has been very good the last two weeks. Like jtk said, you're a moron.
Wow. That hurts coming from someone without a 10 year olds grasp of statistics. Really hurts.

Wow. That hurts coming from someone without a 10 year olds grasp of statistics. Really hurts.
In what way are any of these statistics I circled bad? Lol
20200914_224826.jpg

i guess i should've said any of the mentally stable reds fans, i guess.

i will say it's a shame they couldn't hit this year, but it hasn't been a normal year. i won't lose any sleep.

jtk
()
I mean, I’m not a diehard Reds fan. However, after all the moves they made and the expanded playoffs, not getting in is pretty disappointing

I mean, I’m not a diehard Reds fan. However, after all the moves they made and the expanded playoffs, not getting in is pretty disappointing
Not sure how the Reds can avoid firing Bell, but given that Bell has made it this far into the season playing such dogsh-t baseball I wouldn't be surprised if he stays around for the final year of his contract

Dumbest thing Nick Krall has done over the past year was to keep Galvis over Jose Iglesias, who is hitting .370 this season. Unbelievable

If you fire Bell and Krall it's going to make it a lot tougher to keep Castellanos and resign Bauer.

Not sure how the Reds can avoid firing Bell, but given that Bell has made it this far into the season playing such dogsh-t baseball I wouldn't be surprised if he stays around for the final year of his contract

Dumbest thing Nick Krall has done over the past year was to keep Galvis over Jose Iglesias, who is hitting .370 this season. Unbelievable

If you fire Bell and Krall it's going to make it a lot tougher to keep Castellanos and resign Bauer.
Have to think Bauer is gone after this yr no matter what.

Anyone with any knowledge of statistics knows it’s too small of a sample size to draw a meaningful conclusion
No one said anything about a meaningful conclusion. There was a comment made about Shogo improving and having lots of good at bats lately. You jumped to his BA for the whole year as a counter argument. I'm simply agreeing with Sig that so far in Sept Shogo has had a lot of great ABs, and he has a great OBP to prove it.

Not sure how easy it is to fire a coach this year unless your replacing them with someone already on staff. If they're not already in baseball the person would have to go through the MLB protocols before they could Manage

After today with the Pirates, its 3 each with the White Sox, Brewers and Twins. Sox and Twins are playing good ball. Tough sledding, but at least we have a shot.

7-3 makes today a must win.
Agreed. Winning 2 of 3 versus the WSox and Twins will be rough. Need Bauer and Castillo to be their best selves, and getting Sonny back to health would be nice. I'd consider using Antone, Mahle and Lorenzen instead of Disco and/or Miley. With both Thursdays as off days should be manageable - just get Bauer and Luis out there as often as possible.

Agreed. Winning 2 of 3 versus the WSox and Twins will be rough. Need Bauer and Castillo to be their best selves, and getting Sonny back to health would be nice. I'd consider using Antone, Mahle and Lorenzen instead of Disco and/or Miley. With both Thursdays as off days should be manageable - just get Bauer and Luis out there as often as possible.
Absolutely. Playoffs start now for the Reds.

When the Reds traded for Bauer, DW said you need quality starts consistently to run off winning streaks of 6, 7,8 games and win 9 out of 10.

Was David Bell listening?

Disco’s been terrible lately. Definitely needs to sit and come off bench for long relief.

Agreed that Disco has been surprisingly bad lately after a really good first few starts. Also agreed that the Reds still have to hit better.

And I'll just say it, even though it sounds terrible. Why the He\\ did Suarez wife give birth now. Wrong time for him to be on paternity leave. He has been coming around nicely the last couple weeks. I know, I'm selfish and immature. But we need our best guys for this stretch run. Back in the day, when men were men, they would not miss important games for paternity leave.

OK, they've climbed to within a couple of games of 0.500 so I guess I'll start to get my hopes up a bit.

Staying realistic, at this point I think I'd be satisfied with the Reds making the playoffs and then getting swept by the Dodgers!

OK, they've climbed to within a couple of games of 0.500 so I guess I'll start to get my hopes up a bit.

Staying realistic, at this point I think I'd be satisfied with the Reds making the playoffs and then getting swept by the Dodgers!
If they take 2nd in the NL Central they would likely avoid the Dodgers on the first round. They'd likely draw the Cubs or Braves.

If they take 2nd in the NL Central they would likely avoid the Dodgers on the first round. They'd likely draw the Cubs or Braves.
2nd in the division, a wild card or out of playoffs seem about equally likely, but I'd rather they play someone besides the Cubs if they make the playoffs.

Last edited: