The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

No, definitely based on your logic. NVM one dumb a** team f’d everything up. Let’s cancel everything despite the 99.99% survival rate for players
I don’t know what you’re talking about. I mean is it surprising a team based in a state undergoing a spike would have a similar occurrence on its team?

What is your recommendation? I doubt players will be okay playing with covid themselves or against someone who has covid.

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I mean is it surprising a team based in a state undergoing a spike would have a similar occurrence on its team?

What is your recommendation? I doubt players will be okay playing with covid themselves or against someone who has covid.

my suggestion? Business as usual for everyone else. + tests are going to happen, roll with the punches

my suggestion? Business as usual for everyone else. + tests are going to happen, roll with the punches
I would think the owners and players discussed what might happen in the event of a surge like this.

I think it’s hilarious you are mad at me that a bunch of players tested positive though.

I would think the owners and players discussed what might happen in the event of a surge like this.

I think it’s hilarious you are mad at me that a bunch of players tested positive though.

No, I just know you push the hysterics even though this is all very manageable.

OK, so go beyond this oversimplified statement. Show everyone how smart and thoughtful you are. Propose a real solution.

Marlins had 1 + test Saturday. 3 more yesterday, and 14 today. If they do not play for the next 2 weeks, how do you equitably manage the schedule and the standings when some teams will have far fewer games than others?

FYI Phillies/Yankees also cancelled. Lots of teams, including the Reds and Nats also have at least one positive test. This is going to trickle down and ruin the season.

CRAP.

I’m guessing they might get 35-40 or so games in. You’re going to see spread impact every team at some point, to some degree to the point where games get canceled. Maybe if they just stick with it (be safe and cancel when they need to), they can just run an all-in seeded tourny this year. Why not? Anything is better than nothing.

I’m guessing they might get 35-40 or so games in. You’re going to see spread impact every team at some point, to some degree to the point where games get canceled. Maybe if they just stick with it (be safe and cancel when they need to), they can just run an all-in seeded tourny this year. Why not? Anything is better than nothing.
If MLB doesn't start testing every member of each team daily with immediate results, it's going to get out of control. By the time they send the tests to Utah or wherever and then get the results it's already too late.

If MLB doesn't start testing every member of each team daily with immediate results, it's going to get out of control. By the time they send the tests to Utah or wherever and then get the results it's already too late.
I didn’t know they weren’t getting rapid turnaround results. Crazy.

Well, that weekend kind of stunk, but it's live baseball, so we can't be too mad. Great starts from Gray, Castillo and Bauer. If we keep getting those, we'll be just fine. The offense will come. However, the bullpen is a big concern at this point. I think Lorenzen needs to be moved back. He was in our 1 or 1a spot in the bullpen and he's proven he simply cannot do the job. The homer by Cron was bad enough, but walk to Cabrera really sets up the inning. He was up on him and let him get away. I think Pedro Stroup will be moved up the pecking order in the bullpen. Give your guys Lorenzen and Igelsias first dibs, but now it's onto the best man wins. Stroup/ Garret/ Nate Jones possibly gets another crack.
No lost in yesterday's loss was the ineptness of the offesnse. Even without Senzel and Moustakas, this team can't go 9 innings and only 2 runs. Even in Saturday's loss, once up 3-1 no add on. We kept them in the game.

No pressure on Wade Miley today, eh?

I did not expect to see Josh VanMeter, Travis Jankowski, Matt Davidson and Christian Colon all in the starting lineup by game 4.

Why the f is Colon and Ervin starting and Akiyama not? Akiyama just signed a 3 year deal ffs, he should be starting everyday. I don't care about splits