The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

What’s wrong with Senzel in the middle?
Hurt too much and hits around .260. I would rather have traded him for Seager or Lindor and put Shogo in CF. You can’t tell me that wouldn’t be better than him and Galvis. They have the pitching to win now, they should have went all in. If I’m wrong about Senzel I’ll happily own it

It would cost more than Senzel for either of those two. Senzel was having a great rookie year until he trailed off due to injury. It was his rookie year, I’d expect him to be at least an 800+ ops guy. I’d say injuries are a concern, but it’s so hard to predict; Seager pretty much missed the 2018 season due to injury.

It would cost more than Senzel for either of those two. Senzel was having a great rookie year until he trailed off due to injury. It was his rookie year, I’d expect him to be at least an 800+ ops guy. I’d say injuries are a concern, but it’s so hard to predict; Seager pretty much missed the 2018 season due to injury.
Of course it would cost more than Senzel for those two, we will see on Senzel. As I said I hope I’m wrong and he becomes a stud.

So you’re content with Galvis, Senzel and Tucker? Sorry but not the stuff of winning teams

Agreed. If you had read any of this thread, you would clearly see my position on all of this. To me, defense is far less important than offense, specifically, getting on base.

I've said repeatedly Galvis is death to the offense, with his .290 OBP. I hope Senzel can win that spot when he is healthy, because he has potential, and has shown discipline, getting deep in counts. Fairly sure he will become an above-average contributor on offense.

I have also repeatedly said that Barnhart hurts the offense too. Given our choices today, he is our starter, but I have posted multiple times about needing an upgrade at C, and hoping that Stephenson can win that spot.

Try reading before typing nonsense.

Agreed. If you had read any of this thread, you would clearly see my position on all of this. To me, defense is far less important than offense, specifically, getting on base.

I've said repeatedly Galvis is death to the offense, with his .290 OBP. I hope Senzel can win that spot when he is healthy, because he has potential, and has shown discipline, getting deep in counts. Fairly sure he will become an above-average contributor on offense.

I have also repeatedly said that Barnhart hurts the offense too. Given our choices today, he is our starter, but I have posted multiple times about needing an upgrade at C, and hoping that Stephenson can win that spot.

So you agree but it's nonsense?

Asking me if I'm content with Galvis and Barnhart was the nonsense. I've clearly and repeatedly posted to the contrary. I agree they are not championship caliber.

You raised it as an issue of concern.
What was raised? That they have holes at SS, C and CF? Pretty obvious dontcha think? With Galvis, Barnhardt and Senzel manning those positions this team wont win the Central. You can't count on Senzel over a whole season and you can count on Galvis and Barnhardt to suck butt

What was raised? That they have holes at SS, C and CF? Pretty obvious dontcha think? With Galvis, Barnhardt and Senzel manning those positions this team wont win the Central. You can't count on Senzel over a whole season and you can count on Galvis and Barnhardt to suck butt
Yeah, presumably you brought them up because you thought people where overestimating the win count for this season and I asked if you thought they couldn’t win 85-90 games with them. But I dunno, now I’m thinking you brought it up for no logical reason.

Are you having a period or something?

Yeah, presumably you brought them up because you thought people where overestimating the win count for this season and I asked if you thought they couldn’t win 85-90 games with them. But I dunno, now I’m thinking you brought it up for no logical reason.

Are you having a period or something?
I gave an opinion, you disagreed. Pretty simple stuff, no need to get your bloomers in a bunch. And bye the bye you never asked me if they couldn't win more, you simply went on your usual I'm smarter than you, everyone look at me tangent

I gave an opinion, you disagreed. Pretty simple stuff, no need to get your bloomers in a bunch. And bye the bye you never asked me if they couldn't win more, you simply went on your usual I'm smarter than you, everyone look at me tangent
Lol, I guess that answers my last question.

Baseball isn't an exact science, I think we are way overvaluing teams that win divisions. The Cardinals won the central last year with Harrison Bader in centerfield hitting .205, Matt Carpenter at 3rd base hitting .226 and Paul DeJong hitting .233 at shortstop. You don't need to have all stars at every position to win a division.

I... wait for it... agree with Red14 again. This team is not perfect but doesn't need to be to compete for the Central. Winning a World Series is another matter - can't have 3 holes in the lineup for that.

I predicted 88 wins for this team as currently constructed. I am assuming a lot of things (generally decent health, best players generally performing at their career norms, young guys like Senzel and Aquino progressing a bit and not falling off a cliff, etc.). I also assume if we are on pace for 85+ wins, the team makes a July addition.

I... wait for it... agree with Red14 again. This team is not perfect but doesn't need to be to compete for the Central. Winning a World Series is another matter - can't have 3 holes in the lineup for that.

I predicted 88 wins for this team as currently constructed. I am assuming a lot of things (generally decent health, best players generally performing at their career norms, young guys like Senzel and Aquino progressing a bit and not falling off a cliff, etc.). I also assume if we are on pace for 85+ wins, the team makes a July addition.
I knew you'd come around eventually wolves, wait until you start using the "eye" test!! ? ? ?
And it depends, once in the post season, you just need certain guys to get hot for a couple of weeks. Remember Billy Hatcher in 1990. The Reds had some gaps on that team but the right guys got hot when we needed it most.

I don't think Senzel will ever play shortstop other than in a pinch. He just came off shoulder surgery and you're not going to ask him to make the most difficult throw in the infield with that arm.
Also, Stephenson will be up, but it won't be until late season. They are not going to start Stephenson's clock any sooner than they have to, and Tucker and Curt Casali are adequate major league catchers. Tucker's main job is to catch, not hit.

Agreed. After the NBA shutdown, s**t just got real. Others will follow suit. No way the NCAA tourney happens. Baseball likely looking at a late start. Crazy times.

This doesn't work against us at all. We have a good starting staff, bordering on excellent. Health is always a concern and having guys pitch in March and April is bad anyway. Let the season warm up, start Mid May and we'll roll. shorten the season to about 120-130 games and each guy can start 25 games instead of 35. This also give Suarez and Senzel time to heal up more as well.

This doesn't work against us at all. We have a good starting staff, bordering on excellent. Health is always a concern and having guys pitch in March and April is bad anyway. Let the season warm up, start Mid May and we'll roll. shorten the season to about 120-130 games and each guy can start 25 games instead of 35. This also give Suarez and Senzel time to heal up more as well.
2020 season is toast, where have you been?