The Official 2019 Cleveland Indians Thread

DIsappointing not making the playoffs. Having the best record of non-playoff teams hardly a consolation. Looks like they will get to 94 wins or so and miss. That gets you in most years.

1/2 game back of Tampa after the Tuesday games...this team has no business in the playoff hunt, given their injuries this season.

Agreed the injuries have been ridiculous, to lose guys like Kluber, Ramirez and Kipnis (plus Bauer) it is a tribute to everyone remaining that they are alive. As a Red fan, I can tell you that a winning culture is valuable - the Reds lack it and the Indians have it. Success and championships in AAA for the CLippers help build that culture to. Guys understand what it takes to win.

If this team can slip into the playoffs with the number of key injuries they have had all year, it would be truly amazing.

Well, in spite of all the cost cutting and injuries the Tribe is tied for last wildcard with 6 games to go. Front office and Tito have done a nice job with this team and Frankie and Santana have carried the offense. Bieber, Clevenger and some other young arms were saviors too. Jose is supposed to play Tuesday and it would be great if he could give them a lift and help make playoffs. If so, still huge underdogs too either NY or Houston but not a bad year for a small market team despite these injuries. Mercado another kid with a huge impact this season too.

YEah, it is feeling like 4-0 will be required to get in now. Doable, but Washington is still playing for home field in the NL wildcard

YEah, it is feeling like 4-0 will be required to get in now. Doable, but Washington is still playing for home field in the NL wildcard

Cheering for the Yankees to win against Tampa last night felt almost as dirty as the thought of going down on a hooker, too. :sick:??

For nothing.

MajorInsistentGnu-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

WcvFd0F.gif

RIP, 2019 season.

Nice try. Bad luck tripped up a season stumbling out of pre-season free agency.

I mean, how can a Tribe fan be happy about the Yankees winning? I would have preferred the Twins keep going, just to spite the hated Yankees.

I mean, how can a Tribe fan be happy about the Yankees winning? I would have preferred the Twins keep going, just to spite the hated Yankees.
Didn't like the Twins this year,never liked the Yanks,they'll be next to go down...BAM!