The Official 2019 Cleveland Indians Thread

Heard it. Ridiculous. Omar is HOF by any standards.

Anyone fortunate enough to see the Omar/Robbie Alomar pairing for a few years should count themselves fortunate. We will likely never see a greater keystone combo ever again in baseball. We never saw one prior. Concepcion/Morgan...Trammell/Whitaker...and several other great combos take a backseat to the Omar/Robbie pairing. The others win on longevity, though.

The Omar/Alomar double play combination was a beautiful thing to watch. Ironically enough, I recently heard that those two hated each other and had no relationship off the field. Which makes the way they played together even more amazing.

The Omar/Alomar double play combination was a beautiful thing to watch. Ironically enough, I recently heard that those two hated each other and had no relationship off the field. Which makes the way they played together even more amazing.

This is true.

The changes proposed by both owners and the players' union are interesting.

I like the one year probationary DH through the whole league, although I know some guys will miss all that excitement generated by the double-switch.

Having EVERY pitcher have to face at least three batters seems a pointb too far. How about if only ONE pitcher per game can face less than three ?

Adam the Fool usually has baseball as his strong suit, but now the idiot wants to turn it into softball.

While rightfully complaining that all the Ks caused by swinging for the fences kills the game, he wants to make it harder on pitchers. Deaden the ball, move back the fences, kill the shift. All these things make far more sense than lowering the mound.

Heard it. Ridiculous. Omar is HOF by any standards.

Anyone fortunate enough to see the Omar/Robbie Alomar pairing for a few years should count themselves fortunate. We will likely never see a greater keystone combo ever again in baseball. We never saw one prior. Concepcion/Morgan...Trammell/Whitaker...and several other great combos take a backseat to the Omar/Robbie pairing. The others win on longevity, though.

yup

professionals

Even dislike can motivate in a work relationship. Neither wanted to be the one to drop the ball and take the blame.

Vizquel was in the middle of a couple feuds during his time in Cleveland. The Jose Mesa one became pretty ugly.

Even with drama behind the scenes, the guy had a fantastic career and hopefully will be getting the Hall of Fame call very soon.

Lindor out 7 to 9 weeks with a calf strain. Those worry me sometimes they never seem to go away.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Lindor out 7 to 9 weeks with a calf strain. Those worry me sometimes they never seem to go away.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The internal options to fill this void are not very pretty.

I am hoping that Yu Chen comes in and shows something this spring.

The team had a record payroll last year. It was $135 million dollars. For the past few years, they have added additional payroll at the deadline to help fill holes. It would be nice to go out and spend big money in free agency, but in reality no team is really doing that this off season.

Sure losing Michael Brantley hurts, and I am less then thrilled with the options they currently have in the OF. However, I understand not paying him 32 million over the next 2 years. I also understand not paying Cody Allen or Andrew Miller.

The off season moves that were made, may not be popular, but I believe they were necessary. Smaller market teams have to smart with how they spend money.

I feel like the situation in Miami with the Marlins is far more of a disgrace, then a team that won the division the past 3 years.

Last edited:
Tribe fans being reminded of the inequities of MLB this offseason. As long as there is no hard cap (or ceiling/floor) then this is what baseball is. Big market and smaller market teams have to operate differently. We will never be the Yankees or Dodgers where we can spend to the sky. Instead of whining about owner being cheap I would actually applaud the front offices for keeping teams like the Tribe and A's and Brewers competitive in this era. The Indians still have great starting pitching and Frank and Jose and will win 88-90 games and probably win the Central again. Will they flame out in playoffs against more powerful and deeper teams?? Probably but there is always that chance that they get hot and win 11 games in October. They won 10 in 2016.

The Indians can't go out and buy players to compete year after year like the Yankees or Dodgers...everyone gets that. But when you do have a collection of talent that can compete you do everything to give them that opportunity...you don't blow it up in the middle of the contention window. Youll save the money in a couple years when the team stinks with prospects.

Dump Bauer??? No, he is just a different bird. He was half tongue in cheek with his comments if you know anything about him. he is one of the top 5 starters in the AL and still cheap at 13M this year. He has one more year of arbitration and has not shown any interest in signing long term deal. Tribe has let teams know they will listen so Bauer could be moved before deadline or next offseason for the right deal. He is a west coast guy so I doubt he stays long term with Tribe. He has a lot of pride so he will do his job every 5 days as long as he is here.

Sure to leave the Tribe after this season for BIG bucks on a very good team.

But the thing about Bauer is his wish to keep working on one year deals. If he continues that throwback mentality, the Tribe should pay him whatever he wants for a year. If he produces...great. If you tire of him after a year, or feel he's no longer worth the money...don't offer him for the next season. If you really tire of him midseason...trade him. There is really no risk to the Tribe. Even if he wants 25 million a season...it's only for one year. I would always go for that as a team.

Considering that he is signed for 2 years and then very likely to walk, I think this is probably the best chance to get the biggest package back. A team like San Diego has to now be desperate to upgrade their pitching staff.

He'll win 15-20 games,better get a couple of starters and HR'S.

Last edited:
I expect a big year from Bauer, but at this point he is the 3rd starter who is going to walk in 2 years and there are some holes to fill.

I would have to seriously consider an offer that includes a starting OF (Hunter Renfroe) and 2 pitching prospects from SD