The Official 2018 Cleveland Indians Thread

Notice how the Indians always win when Jason Kipnis hits an inside-the-park home run? Yeah, yeah, I know. It was his first. But they are 1-0.:banana: :banana::banana:

I hit a couple of those in one game and got gunned down both times sliding into third. Needless to say, I ran like a catcher.

The boys can hit!

Turns out I was wrong. Kipnis hit an inside the park homer earlier in his career. It was also against Kansas City. I hate it when the truth gets in the way of a good story. :(

Tribe needs to find two decent bullpen arms by Friday. Can't count on Allen any more and Miller is hurt again.

Allen is definitely a problem. He's always been a flake in non-save situations. Now he can't get the big out in the 9th. I don't know how you can confidently put him in anywhere anymore.

Not sure Carl Willis has anything to offer Allen but a dip of snuff. I don't know if I miss Mickey Callaway or GasCan Shaw more :dang:

Who wouldn't give Shaw $9million/ for 3 now ?

The Josh Donaldson trade is official. The Tribe landed the veteran third baseman for the ever-popular Player To Be Named Later. The Indians will assume $1 million of Donaldson's salary.

Donaldson was acquired to start at third base and it is believed that he'll be in uniform and in the starting lineup Saturday night. Jose Ramirez will move to second while Jason Kipnis, who has struggled all year until a recent hot streak, is in limbo, at least for now. To add Donaldson to the Indians' roster, outfielder Leonys Martin was moved to the 60-day disabled list.

Because the trade was completed before midnight on August 31, Donaldson will be eligible to play in the post-season.

Hope they wait till Kipnis cools off,really late in the season for this shift if he does it.

Hope they wait till Kipnis cools off,really late in the season for this shift if he does it.

I disagree. Jose needs reps at second now. Yandy to 3rd. Kip needs to head back to the outfield right now for some games , while we rotate guys through the DH spot - him included. Give EE a game off now and then.

Indians playing a good team, of c ourse losing. Cleveland indians cant beat good teams, onlu 45 percent oif time sad..

Last edited:
I disagree. Jose needs reps at second now. Yandy to 3rd. Kip needs to head back to the outfield right now for some games , while we rotate guys through the DH spot - him included. Give EE a game off now and then.

EE needs a trainer ,not a day off...BAM!

Love the Donaldson trade, let's win now. But the more I think about it, the more I think the Donaldson trade could be for a prospect in the teens rather than late 20's/outside top 30, like I originally thought. A pending free agent at season's end, the Jays could have offered Donaldson a qualifying offer (which would have been rejected), and then received a draft pick for signing elsewhere. Depending on that PTBNL, it almost makes more sense to hang on to him a month longer, eat the $1M the Tribe is chipping in for his salary, and then receive a high draft pick (at the end of round 1). Our system is not very deep, but I still don't think it will be a top 10 prospect (hopefully not). We'll find out sometime after the minor leagues have concluded in less than a month.

Another note, just checked the lineups for today, why the he!! is Jose at 3B and Kip at 2B still????????????

Love the Donaldson trade, let's win now. But the more I think about it, the more I think the Donaldson trade could be for a prospect in the teens rather than late 20's/outside top 30, like I originally thought. A pending free agent at season's end, the Jays could have offered Donaldson a qualifying offer (which would have been rejected), and then received a draft pick for signing elsewhere. Depending on that PTBNL, it almost makes more sense to hang on to him a month longer, eat the $1M the Tribe is chipping in for his salary, and then receive a high draft pick (at the end of round 1). Our system is not very deep, but I still don't think it will be a top 10 prospect (hopefully not). We'll find out sometime after the minor leagues have concluded in less than a month.

Another note, just checked the lineups for today, why the he!! is Jose at 3B and Kip at 2B still????????????
How did you expect the lineup to look like?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Saw Donaldson play Monday in Columbus. Walk, smoked one to center that was caught, then his last time up smoked another one to the same spot but got elevation and hit a GS.

How did you expect the lineup to look like?

Not sure the direction you were taking with this. If you are referencing the last part of my post, Kipnis needs to be in CF with Jose at 2B right now. They need as many reps as possible and, since these games right now are meaningless (for the Indians, they're meaningless), they should be getting acclimated now. Why wait until Donaldson is here to switch?

If you were referring to once Donaldson is here, I like this:

1. Lindor
2. Brantley
3. Jose
4. EE
5. Donaldson
6. Yonder
7. Melky (or whoever at RF, but he's been playing well of late)
8. Kip (or Allen, depending on the matchup)
9. Gomes (bump up to 8 on days Allen is in lineup)

Last edited:
I was meaning right now without Donaldson. Sorry[emoji41] I dont like kip in center at all. I think he should take a bench spot come playoff time. Allen has been swinging a good bat and would play much better D then kip. JRam is such a good athlete that I doubt he needs a lot of time to get used to 2nd if Donaldson can even play.[emoji1696]

I was meaning right now without Donaldson. Sorry[emoji41] I dont like kip in center at all. I think he should take a bench spot come playoff time. Allen has been swinging a good bat and would play much better D then kip. JRam is such a good athlete that I doubt he needs a lot of time to get used to 2nd if Donaldson can even play.[emoji1696]

Best case scenario for Allen is he gets the weak side of a platoon with Kip. Even then, I don't know how much Tito sits Kipnis vs LHP, it's just not like Tito to sit his guys for younger players. Allen is my favorite type of #9 hitter, may not have a high on base percentage (although not bad lately), but his speed allows him to get in scoring position after a walk or single with the top of the order up. With Zimmer out, Allen is our only player off the bench with game-changing speed, so maybe he has more value as a bench option.

Last edited: