The Northwest Conference...you have the next move

none of those BVC teams or PH are leaving for the NWC, period.

I know they aren't. I've been one of the most vocal in saying that.

But if you're the NWC and get turned down by Parkway, DSJ, and then can't work out anything with Fort Loramie, you at least talk to those teams before thinking about settling for Perry. Better to ask and be turned down then assume anything.

I think Parkway should look at joining the NWC as a football and wrestling only member. I think that would be the win-win for all parties involved. This allows Anna to stay the same and possibly Ft Loramie to be a football only member of the MAC. Now let's see how stubborn everyone is.

Honestly don't hate this idea

The MAC will not let Parkway stay in as a non-football member. They went through all of this years ago when Fort Recovery and New Bremen were making noises about leaving the MAC in football only. The conference said you are in or you are out.

The MAC will not let Parkway stay in as a non-football member. They went through all of this years ago when Fort Recovery and New Bremen were making noises about leaving the MAC in football only. The conference said you are in or you are out.

As I said, they have stubbornness on a lot of sides. Seeing how they have 1 football only member and another that wants to be, it is crazy. They'd probably bolster their playoff points letting Parkway leave in football. Personally, the in or you're out is comical with Anna being a football member only.

none of those BVC teams or PH are leaving for the NWC, period.
There is a better chance that you think. I'm telling people on this message board. I know multiple people close to the NWC situation. I know there are interested parties. The BVC is very much in play. The NWCC is in play. Fort Loramie is in play. And Parkway has not said no but likely wants to stay put. Its an ongoing discussion. And just remember who is the currently outgoing commissioner of the NWC. Jim Raabe. A Delphos Jefferson guy who spent his career at Bluffton. Bluffton is on the doorstep of the entire BVC and has very close ties to the BVC. Jim has been working on a smooth transition and will be integral in finding another member through this process. The BVC is a target of his.

I think Parkway should look at joining the NWC as a football and wrestling only member. I think that would be the win-win for all parties involved. This allows Anna to stay the same and possibly Ft Loramie to be a football only member of the MAC. Now let's see how stubborn everyone is.
Sounds complicated. And the MAC doesn't need 2 football only members when Parkway could go to the NWC and both Anna and Fort Loramie could join for ALL sports and maybe trade New Knoxville to the SCAL and there you go.

I like the Parkway football & wrestling idea but the MAC would never go for it. It would just open a big can of worms.

Not to mention New Knoxville not having football.
New Knoxville, Fort Recovery and Mendon-Union were all added at the same time as the "Non-Football" Schools.
Indians suited up, Pirates shipped out and the Rangers shrugged and stayed the same... always keeping an eye on their weird cult suburb.

New Knoxville, Fort Recovery and Mendon-Union were all added at the same time as the "Non-Football" Schools.
Indians suited up, Pirates shipped out and the Rangers shrugged and stayed the same... always keeping an eye on their weird cult suburb.
New Knoxville fits well in the SCAL being a soccer school if/when Anna and/or Loramie leaves the conference. The MAC hand could be forced to take on an all sports team when that happens to secure the conference retaining 2 OOC football games. No one is 100% safe at this point if conferences shift.

i think it would be cool if all the non-football playing schools in the area joined together, personally. from Shelby County and north

I think much of the MAC would prefer to add schools that participate in all sports. Adding Anna for football only was done to get rid of the rotating non-conference week, which is what the NWC now faces. Anna wasn't going to agree to join for all sports.

I mean, better than us MACsters shanghaiing yet another thread about a neighboring conference and making it about us, once again. lol
Lol. Well, the MAC has been brought up and there will be consequences (good or bad) for the MAC from the dominos falling. I think this thread reaches far beyond just the NWC, as we have discussed the MAC, SCAL, NWCC, BVC, WBL, CCC, and obviously the NWC and GMC among others.

The Sandusky Bay Conference is itching to add...Bowling Green has applied. Elmwood, Northwood, Woodmore, etc are all sort of hanging in limbo with the SBC. There could be a ton of ripple effects here.

The Sandusky Bay Conference is itching to add...Bowling Green has applied. Elmwood, Northwood, Woodmore, etc are all sort of hanging in limbo with the SBC. There could be a ton of ripple effects here.
If BG leave the NLL that open up spot for Clay and would leave the TRAC at 7 with no options for an 8th.

I’m sure they do, but I’m pretty the words hell/freezes are part of that conversation

If BG is accepted and they really want an 8th in the Lake, what do they do? I can't see Port Clinton or Vermilion willingly jumping even if the Bay expanded more. Would they ever take Fremont simply out of necessity? Hope a Mansfield/Ashland gets desperate? Wait to see if Maumee would come with BG?

Been expecting that for quite some time.

Clay's only benefit would be time, energy and money...I'm not sure they'd be any better in any particular sport....nor any worse..

Wouldn't it be ironic if Clay split, and the TRAC combined with the City League bringing the private schools and Whitmer back into the family.

Fremont I believe applied for membership in the city league in 2010/11. Lima demographically would fit right in to the city league.

Lol. Well, the MAC has been brought up and there will be consequences (good or bad) for the MAC from the dominos falling. I think this thread reaches far beyond just the NWC, as we have discussed the MAC, SCAL, NWCC, BVC, WBL, CCC, and obviously the NWC and GMC among others.

I've been hearing some rumors among the Wuhan China Virus news (which dominates everything) that some schools are heavily interested in joining the NWC. Could be some news on the horizon.

I've been hearing some rumors among the Wuhan China Virus news (which dominates everything) that some schools are heavily interested in joining the NWC. Could be some news on the horizon.
This shut down has certainly given the AD's some time to talk, work out scheduling and look at where they may pursue opportunities. I have not been in a lot of contact with many of the powers that be lately, but I would love to hear some positive news as we move forward with sports in the upcoming year or two.

Ugh probably Leipsic joining. This conference is so spread out already, and it gets even more.

You have a skewed view of what a "spread out" conference is. Not every league can be the MAC, where you've got 10 similar sized schools within half an hour of each other, or the BVC, where you've got every school that surrounds Findlay (that's going to change very quickly). The NWC has focused on size and competitive value of schools over travel time, and it has kept the league strong and competitive throughout its history