The Northwest Conference...you have the next move

Delphos SJ and Parkway are not leaving the MAC. I can't imagine the NWC ever inviting LCC back into the conference.

DSJ and Jefferson will start playing football week 1 2021. They will play in almost every sport but boys basketball.

The MAC had an odd number of football teams several years back which meant each team had a non-conference game from weeks 4-10. A tough spot to schedule for AD's.

As a Blue Jay fan...you would rather stay in the MAC based on what? Just interested to hear your thoughts. Travel would be cut down....

Attachments

• nwc map.jpg
    nwc map.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 48
Delphos SJ and Parkway are not leaving the MAC. I can't imagine the NWC ever inviting LCC back into the conference.

DSJ and Jefferson will start playing football week 1 2021. They will play in almost every sport but boys basketball.

The MAC had an odd number of football teams several years back which meant each team had a non-conference game from weeks 4-10. A tough spot to schedule for AD's.
The idea Blue Jay is that the team that potentially leaves will be replaced by Fort Loramie in all sports (and Anna in all sports) Keeping us at 10 football members. And I highly doubt they take LCC back.

This post just shows how out of touch this person is with what goes on in the Northwest/West Central part of the state.

out of touch in what way? You ask anyone who is familiar with the Northwest Ohio athletic conferences and other than USV, they'd say the post is pretty spot on. Who else should be on the NWC's list other than the ones mentioned?

out of touch in what way? You ask anyone who is familiar with the Northwest Ohio athletic conferences and other than USV, they'd say the post is pretty spot on. Who else should be on the NWC's list other than the ones mentioned?
It's not spot-on. Delphos St. John's and Parkway aren't leaving the MAC, under any circumstances. Bath isn't leaving the WBL under any circumstances.

There's a list of about 4 schools that will make realistic sense, that will realistically have discussions about joining the conference, and if they don't work, the NWC will stay at 7 football schools and tell their members to figure it out with LCC, Fort Loramie, and anyone else they choose to fill their schedules with.

It's not spot-on. Delphos St. John's and Parkway aren't leaving the MAC, under any circumstances. Bath isn't leaving the WBL under any circumstances.

There's a list of about 4 schools that will make realistic sense, that will realistically have discussions about joining the conference, and if they don't work, the NWC will stay at 7 football schools and tell their members to figure it out with LCC, Fort Loramie, and anyone else they choose to fill their schedules with.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm remembering this post for just in case one of those 3 joins. "Under any circumstance" is a bit much.

67 who are the four realistic schools you mentioned? 7 football schools will be a nightmare, they don't want that...remember this reaction started when Holgate had to go to 8-man football and then committed to an 8-man league...a circumstance nobody counted on..

I've seen soccer talked about a few times, and I know the NWC is at 6 in soccer. The GMC doesn't sponsor soccer. Not even sure how many schools have it, but it can't be many.

Any way Paulding keeps its soccer teams in the NWC?

67 who are the four realistic schools you mentioned? 7 football schools will be a nightmare, they don't want that...remember this reaction started when Holgate had to go to 8-man football and then committed to an 8-man league...a circumstance nobody counted on..

Guarantee by "realistic," people still think Patrick Henry, Leipsic, or Liberty-Benton would give up their safe, good spots with nice travel to travel an hour to Convoy.

I'm saying Parkway is MUCH more realistic than any of those 3.

I don't understand the Parkway argument as far as travel goes. Parkway to Crestview or Spencerville, yes closer drive than most MAC But once they have to go East of Lima you have 55 min to Allen east (plus driving thru Lima), Columbus Grove 55 min, Bluffton 1 hr and Ada 1 hr 5 min. Furthest they drive now in conference is Versailles at 47 min . I just don't get everyione that states it would be better travel wise for Parkway. MAYBE for the rest of the MAC, but not for Parkway

Not saying DSJ will leave but there has got to be the discussion going on if it would be a good idea to go to the NWC. Any school has to consider when the conference they are geographically the center of with schools of similar size has an opening.

With declining enrollment and Jefferson in town, you’d have to think DSJ has at least a long discussion internally. I get their attachment to the MAC, but overall expenses has to be a topic as part of that discussion as well. Those two things (enrollment and expenses) are pretty detrimental to a private school.

yes, I am an outsider. but either DSJ or Parkway should thing long and hard about a move to the NWC (i'm assuming the conference would welcome them with open arms, no reason to believe they wouldn't). it's in the best interest of both parties. you can still keep rivalries in ht OOC portion of most sports. but you have to do what is best for your student athletes and school culture and a move to the NWC might just be best for one of the schools. if this happens, and I can not stress this enough, Fort Loramie would likely get an invitation to the MAC in ALL SPORTS within a few days, and Anna as well.

You having to ask sort of proves my point, no?

67...not really I've already shown my thoughts on this in the article I posted and gave why I thought they are viable...let's see you what you think?

I see alot of Fort Loramie talk. Don't be surprised if they are the ones that join the NWC in the near future (and not the MAC as people dream of). From my knowledge of talking to the powers that be, Parkway is staying put. DSJ is intriguing, but they don't have any reason to jump ship at this point unless numbers fall off drastically in several sports.

I agree why would Parkway stay in the MAC and be a bottom feeder in football when they could move to the NWC and be one of the top 3 teams in the NWC.
:ROFLMAO: Top 3.......that's a hilarious dig.

I would say that it would be value added in many sports. I would take a .500 team that gives points in football in a DSJ or Parkway over beating Parkway every year, only to watch them go 2-8. However, I am being told by the brass that neither wants to leave the MAC. Money is a major component in the MAC. When a good 50/50 is $500 in the NWC in a huge game, and a normal 50/50 is 2 grand in a MAC game, then you know there are butts in seats.

:ROFLMAO: Top 3.......that's a hilarious dig.

I would say that it would be value added in many sports. I would take a .500 team that gives points in football in a DSJ or Parkway over beating Parkway every year, only to watch them go 2-8. However, I am being told by the brass that neither wants to leave the MAC. Money is a major component in the MAC. When a good 50/50 is $500 in the NWC in a huge game, and a normal 50/50 is 2 grand in a MAC game, then you know there are butts in seats.

Considering they beat BOTH Crestview and 7-3 Spencerville this last year, yeah. I think top 3, st least in 2019 is about right.

In 2017 their 1 win was a 9-3 playoff Spencerville team. They'd compete well in the NWC.

I would imagine that money is a big staying factor in the MAC.

Secondly, people may end up regretting their desires for Ft. Loramie and Anna if it comes to fruition. Inevitably, pushing the lower tier out for desirable expansion targets means that a new lower tier or an expanded mushy middle must emerge.

Secondly, people may end up regretting their desires for Ft. Loramie and Anna if it comes to fruition. Inevitably, pushing the lower tier out for desirable expansion targets means that a new lower tier or an expanded mushy middle must emerge.
the mushy middle is what makes MAC ball fun- you can lose 4 games but if you upset one of the big dogs, you’re probably playing week 11

Considering they beat BOTH Crestview and 7-3 Spencerville this last year, yeah. I think top 3, st least in 2019 is about right.

In 2017 their 1 win was a 9-3 playoff Spencerville team. They'd compete well in the NWC.
They did beat Crestview. First time in seven years. Not the norm. Have a great group of athletes in their upper classes (see their basketball team). Spencerville the year before was during a suspension of 3 or 4 of their top players. A bit of an anomoly but it happened. Nothing but respect for Parkway as I love the community, but a top 3 team is a FAR reach. I do believe they would be competitive though and would win more games, giving NWC teams more points to be had. That said.....I'm sorry folks. Parkway isn't coming. Its going to take the community to ask the AD and board to back out. They aren't moving.

Yep. Loramie is much more likely to end up in the NWC than the MAC at this point. And they are rumored to be looking for a new home.