The Night Of(HBO)

ronnie mund

Anyone else check this show out yet? Pretty solid first episode, will be watching from here on out. Interested in seeing where it goes. Kid looks screwed.

Can't believe nobody's talking about this show, it's been pretty awesome. It's tough seeing the lead character descend into darkness, knowing he's more than likely innocent. It's even harder seeing the impact it's had on his family.

No way. Nasir's descent into darkness, as Pboy stated earlier, has been utterly fascinating, and sad at the same time. John Turturro has been pretty great.

I'd like to get in the Strength program they have at Rikers. How long has Naz been locked up? Not even a month and he's added like 10 lbs of muscle.

Judging by the last 2 Pboy posts he's making fun of himself, I think. Hard to tell sometimes. I mean he's not a dumb guy. No way he would continually go with the "you can't bench your body weight" bit and be serious about it.

I haven't found Nas' story to be as interesting as it is confusing.

The audience really has no insight into anything that's going on. It's different and I get why they've done that, I'm just not sure it really works that well from a storytelling perspective. We'll see how it ends.

Judging by the last 2 Pboy posts he's making fun of himself, I think. Hard to tell sometimes. I mean he's not a dumb guy. No way he would continually go with the "you can't bench your body weight" bit and be serious about it.

I actually thought that might be the case too. But it resembles his other posts too closely to know for sure.

I haven't found Nas' story to be as interesting as it is confusing.

The audience really has no insight into anything that's going on. It's different and I get why they've done that, I'm just not sure it really works that well from a storytelling perspective. We'll see how it ends.

I'm kind of inbetween. They use a relatively small amount of dialogue in the TV show in general. There hasn't been a ton of development in the story/family aspect I feel like.

Does the cat have any tangible impact on the story, or is he supposed to be only a metaphor? I think it's possible it may have scratched the suspect and blood DNA maybe under it's claws. Same with the deer head. One of the two has to have some kind of tangible impact.

Also, there's been chatter that we may not find out who definitively killed her. I have to say, that would kind of ruin the series for me. I'm not so much worried about whether or not Naz will be found not guilty, but to be caught up in this story for 8 weeks with no real ending would blow.

Anyway, I'll throw out an off the wall suspect- Naz's friend from the 1st episode.

Last edited:
BTW, next week is an 1hr 45 min... Hopefully they actually reveal who killed the girl. I don't think it's Nas or the creepy step dad. This show is too smart to fall into a cliche like that.

Excellent finale imo. Got an idea of who the actual killer was without the cliched grandiose revelation. And we saw how people don't go back to normal after something like this, Naz and Sandra's lives are screwed, and Stone goes back to being a sleazy ambulance chaser.