The NFL is now HUGG-A-Ball

Head Linesman

The word is out: the NFL has banned helmet hits and tackles: watching playoff games its clear.

No more Jack Tatum hits under any circumstances: ALL hug tackles and arm tackles NO spectacular hits with helmet.

BANNED and the Players association agrees.

Its like NASCAR with no wrecks. Totally boring.

Are you sure you actually like football?

the immaculate reception could never happen under the current conditions. PENALTY on Jack Tatum.

1674446736690.png

the immaculate reception could never happen under the current conditions. PENALTY on Jack Tatum.

View attachment 38356
And? There was five seconds left when Franco scored. Game not over. You want to go over how many games in the past ten years WOULDN'T happen under 1970s rules? The fact that the NFL had very few 'bizarre' finishes prior to 1980 but we seem to have weird finishes every couple of weeks tells you it's more interesting today than it was 50 years ago.

The word is out: the NFL has banned helmet hits and tackles: watching playoff games its clear.

No more Jack Tatum hits under any circumstances: ALL hug tackles and arm tackles NO spectacular hits with helmet.

I know I said I would avoid you but with this post... I cannot let it go.

Some of the most "spectacular" hits have occurred with the ball carrier delivering the hit, yet there is not an out cry from you.

As far as NASCAR: are you one that loves the wrecks and mayhem? Not me, it hate the cautions, I love the side by side racing, the pit stops with athletes doing their duty, etc.. IF there were zero wrecks, I am a happy customer and do not find it boring.

What's you stance on gladiators in 1-2 BC? Dont read too much into that as I am being a smart arse....

I have Browns season tickets pretty close to the field and I can assure you the game is violent. I know they have regulated the big head shots out of the game, but that is a good thing. They also protect the qb as much as possible. but they still take some nasty hits. No one wants to see 2nd and 3rd string qbs play so IMO thats a positive as well.
If

just a feeling that you were not even born yet to wtach the games in the 70's
I don't know, the way he complains like an old man he may have been a Canton Bulldogs season ticket holder. If Yappi were around he would have complained about the forward pass. "Dang Nabbit what's with this throwing the ball to the guy in front of you. That's not football it is unwatchable."

I have Browns season tickets pretty close to the field and I can assure you the game is violent. I know they have regulated the big head shots out of the game, but that is a good thing. They also protect the qb as much as possible. but they still take some nasty hits. No one wants to see 2nd and 3rd string qbs play so IMO thats a positive as well.
If
no, i'm talking about the games currently being played.

its different since whats his face almost died on the field.

the word is out and the players association agrees.

did you see the chest bump hit put on Dallas QB in last series last night? ROFLMAO that DE chest bumped him right at the goal line near the pylon

its hugg a ball now.

no, i'm talking about the games currently being played.

its different since whats his face almost died on the field.

the word is out and the players association agrees.

did you see the chest bump hit put on Dallas QB in last series last night? ROFLMAO that DE chest bumped him right at the goal line near the pylon

its hugg a ball now.
Hate to burst your bubble, .... however, he was trying to do exactly what you were hoping he was going to do. He was trying to blow him up instead of just doing a simple wrap up for the safety. Instead, Dak spun off his attempt.

You're actually mad at something you wanted to have happen.

Watch, if you're not sure:

Hate to burst your bubble, .... however, he was trying to do exactly what you were hoping he was going to do. He was trying to blow him up instead of just doing a simple wrap up for the safety. Instead, Dak spun off his attempt.

laugh that was pathetic. tried to belly bump him down ROFLMAO

I have to say it's entertaining to see you people trying to deny that the NFL has laid down the law: no more "big hits".

No, even the FOX announcer stated that Armstead laid off on the hit not wanting to get a roughing the QB call.

just a feeling that you were not even born yet to wtach the games in the 70's
I was it is a different game, the rules to protect the QB are ridiculous but are there because the amount of money the QB's are getting paid. Troy Aikman took heat for his "might as well put dresses on QB's" comment earlier this year.

Last edited:
There are big hits and there is spearing. Not mutually exclusive. It is a smart rule that greatly reduced severe injuries and concussions.

I agree they go easy on QB's but QB's drop like flies and that diminishes the product so they treat them special, wr's too sometimes. I'm fine with it, though I hate bad calls like the next guy. Should be reviewable.

The object should be to secure the tackle. Coaches teach form and technique for a reason.

If
At this point I'm guessing the 49ers don't mind having a 3rd string QB in there...

I was it is a different game, the rules to protect the QB are ridiculous but are there because the amount of money the QB's are getting paid. Troy Aikman took heat for his "might as well put dresses on QB's" comment earlier this year.
the NFL is putting dresses on running backs and receivers too, is the point.

it is a different game and a boring game. the big hits were the only reason it was entertaining.

now its like NASCAR with no wrecks. boring.

We need more head/neck injuries and violent car crashes so this fat bastard^ can get his rocks off. Go chase an ambulance idiot.