The New Three Rivers Conference 2021.

My nephew is a senior on the team. They graduate their RB, LT, C, and TE on offense. On defense they lose: DE, N, LB, and SS.
Losing Kale Long at RB/LB is a big loss, but they bring back a lot of speed and athleticism, and only need to replace two on the Oline. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the new, tougher league.

I think the first year of the new league will have some great games with some good teams. The team I follow TC brings back a ton with a very good offensive line coming back that was very young this year. But I do not think they can play poorly and beat any one. But Milton and Covington could probably play poorly and win a lot. Seems like Riverside will be right in that mix to be very competitive and win a lot of games. I hope with the new conference that TC can get to 6-4. That would be a great year. I have great fear that TC cannot match the play makers at the bigger schools, that has always been a huge problem.

I wonder if 6-4 playing bigger schools will get the D7 schools into the playoffs, I worry about that. I dont understand L2 and all that though.

I think the first year of the new league will have some great games with some good teams. The team I follow TC brings back a ton with a very good offensive line coming back that was very young this year. But I do not think they can play poorly and beat any one. But Milton and Covington could probably play poorly and win a lot. Seems like Riverside will be right in that mix to be very competitive and win a lot of games. I hope with the new conference that TC can get to 6-4. That would be a great year. I have great fear that TC cannot match the play makers at the bigger schools, that has always been a huge problem.

I wonder if 6-4 playing bigger schools will get the D7 schools into the playoffs, I worry about that. I dont understand L2 and all that though.
6-4 will. actually, i think Riverside has gotten in with some 6-4 seasons, and they play in a much worse league.

I feel the same way about Riverside. It seems like 6-4 in the new league would be a good year, with a good chance to make D7 playoffs due to the expansion to 12 teams starting next year. Excited about our school competing with schools as big as Milton, and as tradition rich as Covington. Can't wait for the 2021 football season.

I feel the same way about Riverside. It seems like 6-4 in the new league would be a good year, with a good chance to make D7 playoffs due to the expansion to 12 teams starting next year. Excited about our school competing with schools as big as Milton, and as tradition rich as Covington. Can't wait for the 2021 football season.

Same, I am excited. Need to get this covid out of here. Great football ahead.

Milton will likely be d5 after a year in the TRC. I don't see Milton being a dominant program after next year. We have some good kids that graduate in 2022.
MU used to be pretty consistent in being good but anymore they are cyclical like all small schools.

What are all of the facilities like in the new league. Obviously I'm a Riverside supporter, so I'm used to watching games in Waynesfield, USV, Hardin Northern, Ridgemont, etc.

Kind of excited to see what the new TRC venues are like, although Riverside is one of the smallest schools, we have pretty nice facilities.

Kind of excited to see what the new TRC venues are like, although Riverside is one of the smallest schools, we have pretty nice facilities.

well:
Lehman plays at Sidney, so amazing football facilities.
Northridge has a great stadium and field is always in good shape. Not much charm though next to the highway. visitor locker room is small but close
MU has an average stadium, but has no track and is in the middle of town which makes it pretty nice. visitor LR is small but close.
Covington is pretty average, but the field is always in great shape. LR?
Miami East is pretty average. visitor LR is small and far
Troy Christian looks nice from the highway?
I don't know about Bethel or Riverside.

just one man's opinion. Feel free to disagree!

well:
Lehman plays at Sidney, so amazing football facilities.
Northridge has a great stadium and field is always in good shape. Not much charm though next to the highway. visitor locker room is small but close
MU has an average stadium, but has no track and is in the middle of town which makes it pretty nice. visitor LR is small but close.
Covington is pretty average, but the field is always in great shape. LR?
Miami East is pretty average. visitor LR is small and far
Troy Christian looks nice from the highway?
I don't know about Bethel or Riverside.

just one man's opinion. Feel free to disagree!

Riverside's visitor's locker room is down in the school, across parking lot from stadium. However, they have in ground sprinklers for their game field, and the field is professionally taken care of, so they have one of the nicest all natural fields in the area. Still a small facility, but pretty nice overall.

I noticed when we drove by TC recently, they no longer have visitor side bleachers? I'm assuming everyone now sits in the home bleachers? Agree with Lehman reference, they host at both Sidney and Piqua, but Sidney's facilities are incredible. Northridge's stadium looks pretty great from the highway.

Thanks for the insight, curious about Bethel's venue as well.

Bethel is average but they are expanding it. Small stadium. MU is in need of a new field. The turf is in bad shape. I know they were working on artificial turf. Most teams in the SWBL have athletic turf. Covington is professionally cared for.
Overall, the TRC fields will be fine. MU and Covington are old but well kept.

2020 TRC Member Results: (2020 TRC matchups and results) [2020 playoff results]
-Schools listed in order of standing on Eitel region pages-

D-IV Reg. 16:
Milton Union: 7-3 (Won vs Northridge 39-12) [Rd. 1 Won vs McClain 36-10, Rd. 2 Lost to Valley View 0-35]
Northridge: 0-9 (Lost to MU 12-39, Lost to TC 14-21) [Rd. 1 Lost to Eaton 28-52]

D-V Reg. 20:
Bethel: 4-6 (Lost to Covington 12-28, Won vs Miami East 28-19) [Rd. 1 Lost to Madeira 13-58]

D-VI Reg. 24:
Covington: 5-5 (Won vs Bethel 28-12, Won vs Miami East 43-14) [Rd. 1 Bye, Rd. 2 Won vs Arcanum 30-24, Rd. 3 Lost to West Jefferson 20-55]
Miami East: 3-5 (Lost to Covington 14-43, Lost to Bethel 19-28) [Rd. 1 Lost to Anna 7-40]

D-VII Reg. 28:
Riverside: 8-2 (Won vs Lehman 39-7) [Rd. 1 Bye, Rd. 2 Won vs Lockland 50-0, Rd. 3 Won vs Tri-Village 14-12, Rd. 4 Lost to Marion Local 8-48]
Troy Christian: 6-4 (Won vs Northridge 21-14) [Rd. 1 Won vs Ridgemont 42-6, Rd. 2 Lost to Ft. Loramie 6-49]
Lehman Catholic: 3-3 (Lost to Riverside 7-39) [Rd. 1 Lost to Southeastern 19-21]

It was an interesting 2020 to say the least, we had some TRC teams win a few playoff games. Figured with the State games finished, we could start talking about next year! Any pre-season predictions for year one in the Three Rivers Conference?!

I'll take a shot at the 2021 Standings:

Milton-Union
Covington
Riverside
Troy Christian
Miami East
Bethel
Lehman
Northridge

I like it. Is MU a lock?

Not at all! MU was young this year, but others were too! I do think MU will have "up" years the next 2 though.

My guess is that MU and Covington will be near the top every year, along with whoever is having an "up" year. I'm thinking that would've been Riverside this past season. I know they lose Long, but I have no idea how they will be in 21.

I think most schools this size go through cycles. So who in the league might be "up" and who might be "down" in '21?

TC will bring most of the kids back. But we do lose our best DL and our QB. But if things break the right way, could be a very good year. But TC is only two or three injuries from being in last place in the new league.

We barley beat Northridge this year, where most people in that conference handled them. I am not sure we can make up the gap. But, pieces are there. The oline might be extremely good. And the best coach in the conference!!

TC will bring most of the kids back. But we do lose our best DL and our QB. But if things break the right way, could be a very good year. But TC is only two or three injuries from being in last place in the new league.

We barley beat Northridge this year, where most people in that conference handled them. I am not sure we can make up the gap. But, pieces are there. The oline might be extremely good. And the best coach in the conference!!
I typically agree with you but the coach thing I have to disagree with. Coach Pearce at Milton has had a stellar career. Two D1 scholarship winners, an NFL 4th round draft pick and starting guard for Washington. He's had all but a couple of the playoffs teams at Milton, he's taken back the program after a 5 year hiatus with 2 playoff appearances in his second stint... and he's had a slew of record breaking players at MU break decades-old school records. I know Nolan was great at Troy but he had a ton of talent at that school. Pearce has had very little natural-talent thrown at him. I see Pearce as one of the best coaches in Milton history that puts him in honorable company. Names like Magoteaux, Farrar, Long, etc.
Coach Lane was a good coach at Milton while he was there but Pearce was still involved as an assistant.
Coaches have a hard time with gaining credit if they don't win championships but they work long hours and get crap for recognition. I'm very impressed with the coaches in the new TRC. All are amazing.

I typically agree with you but the coach thing I have to disagree with. Coach Pearce at Milton has had a stellar career. Two D1 scholarship winners, an NFL 4th round draft pick and starting guard for Washington. He's had all but a couple of the playoffs teams at Milton, he's taken back the program after a 5 year hiatus with 2 playoff appearances in his second stint... and he's had a slew of record breaking players at MU break decades-old school records. I know Nolan was great at Troy but he had a ton of talent at that school. Pearce has had very little natural-talent thrown at him. I see Pearce as one of the best coaches in Milton history that puts him in honorable company. Names like Magoteaux, Farrar, Long, etc.
Coach Lane was a good coach at Milton while he was there but Pearce was still involved as an assistant.
Coaches have a hard time with gaining credit if they don't win championships but they work long hours and get crap for recognition. I'm very impressed with the coaches in the new TRC. All are amazing.

Good points, I had no intention to diminish the results of Pearce. I do put more value of 300 wins at Troy than 300 wins at Milton though. There are just things that D1 schools have to deal with that DIII schools do not. Now Nolan has shown somehow he can win at he biggest and the smallest. TC is one of the smallest schools in the state with soccer and football. He has literally zero to chose from on what he throws out there. TC best athletes now play soccer and in basketball, very few cross overs (Sad). Pearce has a lot of his stud basketball athletes, Nolan gets none. (BUT He does get the wrestlers so maybe that evens out?) Could Pearce get TC to 6-4 last year? Playing 4 teams that were state contenders this year or last year? I do not know. Probably yes. But I give the node to Nolan with his history at the biggest then doing the same at the smallest. Zero disrespect to Pearce. And its just personal preference since I am a fan of TC. I do suppose Nolan already has told his kids in some of the bigeest wins of the year, you play like that your losing by 40 to milton. (After a WIN). And the kids respond!!

You said it best the coaches in the TRC are deep. Its going to be some great football.

It still makes me scratch my head to why MU would want to join this conference. Outside of Covington and Miami East it is a very bad conference. Now if you can pick up Brookville Eaton FL Graham you have a good group of teams. This will be a much worse conference from a top to bottom stand point than the CCC. Covington will be looking to get out any way possible. Now if one day the MAC wants to expand FL MU and Covington should and will be the top 3 options. But to be in the MAC those 3 teams would be a doormat and 6-4 would be an amazing season.

Not at all! MU was young this year, but others were too! I do think MU will have "up" years the next 2 though.

My guess is that MU and Covington will be near the top every year, along with whoever is having an "up" year. I'm thinking that would've been Riverside this past season. I know they lose Long, but I have no idea how they will be in 21.

I think most schools this size go through cycles. So who in the league might be "up" and who might be "down" in '21?
It still makes me scratch my head to why MU would want to join this conference. Outside of Covington and Miami East it is a very bad conference. Now if you can pick up Brookville Eaton FL Graham you have a good group of teams. This will be a much worse conference from a top to bottom stand point than the CCC. Covington will be looking to get out any way possible. Now if one day the MAC wants to expand FL MU and Covington should and will be the top 3 options. But to be in the MAC those 3 teams would be a doormat and 6-4 would be an amazing season.
You have zero clues if you think the TRC is much worse at football than the CCC. The top schools left the CCC( not counting FL), and added better supporting schools from top to bottom. WTF are you talking about with the MAC? Good god pull it together man.

If you compared the TRC to the entire SWBL I would agree. But comparing it to the Buckeye division (that MU is leaving) I think it's a wash. You could easily say "outside of Waynesville and Madison, the SWBL Buckeye is a very bad conference" I think if you matched up Waynesville,Madison,Carlisle, Preble Shawnee, & Dixie with Covington, Miami East, Riverside, Bethel, TC, & Lehman you'd find pretty similar teams. However travel will be much shorter for MU.

You don't really think the TRC is weaker than the CCC top to bottom do you? Covington,East, and Bethel are in both. So you think Milton, Riverside, Troy Christian, Northridge, and Lehman are weaker than the CCC schools who bailed? Not buying it. not at the top (I'd love to see MU-Loramie and TriVillage-Riverside...oh, wait...saw one...great game). and not at the bottom. (You taking MissValley and Bradford over Lehman and Northridge?) There are more schools in the CCC, so if you want to hang your hat on TCN,TVS,Ansonia,Trail & Arcanum being better than Troy Christian, go for it. But you didn't get to actually play all the teams in the CCC, so saying your schedule is stronger because the league has teams you don't play doesn't work.

Good points, I had no intention to diminish the results of Pearce. I do put more value of 300 wins at Troy than 300 wins at Milton though. There are just things that D1 schools have to deal with that DIII schools do not. Now Nolan has shown somehow he can win at he biggest and the smallest. TC is one of the smallest schools in the state with soccer and football. He has literally zero to chose from on what he throws out there. TC best athletes now play soccer and in basketball, very few cross overs (Sad). Pearce has a lot of his stud basketball athletes, Nolan gets none. (BUT He does get the wrestlers so maybe that evens out?) Could Pearce get TC to 6-4 last year? Playing 4 teams that were state contenders this year or last year? I do not know. Probably yes. But I give the node to Nolan with his history at the biggest then doing the same at the smallest. Zero disrespect to Pearce. And its just personal preference since I am a fan of TC. I do suppose Nolan already has told his kids in some of the bigeest wins of the year, you play like that your losing by 40 to milton. (After a WIN). And the kids respond!!

You said it best the coaches in the TRC are deep. Its going to be some great football.

Best part about this is, there are a few more schools that could chime in here with great arguments for their coach as well. Excited already!

I think its perfectly simple why Milton would join this league. Their travel gets cut down considerably and they get to play their county rivals.

The TRC will be better than the CCC. There's no Mississinawa's or Bradfords. Even Northridge who isn't good should still be a step up from that. Lehman might be the closest to a Mississinawa. Brookville will eventually be in this league at some point

Why would Covington be wanting to leave?

As far as MAC expansion, We won't expand past 10.

this league is perfectly fine for MU. i think Brookville will replace Lehman and Greenon could replace Riverside at some point (Riverside belongs in the OHC, hard to argue otherwise). Graham is a fit, but they’re a package deal with Urbana.

Milton Union
Covington
Troy Christian
Northridge
Bethel
Miami East
Brookville
Greenon

as a Greenon fan, i would have 0 complaints with this league.

easy travel, considering all but 1 school is off of 70, 75, or 48.

Milton will likely be d5 after a year in the TRC. I don't see Milton being a dominant program after next year. We have some good kids that graduate in 2022.
MU used to be pretty consistent in being good but anymore they are cyclical like all small schools.

Wanted to bring this back out thinking about the TRC. Are you losing kids to Northmont/Tipp? I thought Milton would be growing with the bleed over of the development around the airport possible pushing some new development into Milton.

Wanted to bring this back out thinking about the TRC. Are you losing kids to Northmont/Tipp? I thought Milton would be growing with the bleed over of the development around the airport possible pushing some new development into Milton.
There could be at some point but Tipp, Englewood, Vandalia, and Union are more developed than Milton. They are also closer to the interstates. MU will grow but it will be a slow growth. New development on 571 will help some.

The buckeye was all long travel for Milton. The communities are changing down there and it's become a weak division. Milton wants local rivals, close travel and the increase in gates. The Buckeye division travels terribly. All of the teams in the TRC except Lehman Will travel very well.

Look I'm not saying one team is better than another I'm talking about from a competitive stand point MU and Covington will win the TRC 98% of the time.

I think the TRC will be a good football conference. I expect Miami East to bounce back from a rough couple years and get back to their winning ways. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Bethel starts improving. The improved stadium and fast growing enrollment are both positive things.
I do expect MU and Covington to be the top 2 teams next year and I expect them to be at the top most years. Riverside is also a wildcard for me next year because they did impress me this season. I know their RB will be gone tho.

I like it. Is MU a lock?

I wouldn't say MU is a lock but I would heavily favor them next season. Covington and Miami East are two teams that could really get back to the caliber of teams we're used to them having. If they do, I would expect them both to compete very well with MU. But in 2021, Covington will be competitive but ME has a ways to go. Riverside should be an interesting matchup against Covington.