The NBA said Monday that traveling violations went uncalled

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
image.jpg

Seriously? The NBA is actually saying the officials missed a traveling violation?

The NBA said Monday that two crucial traveling violations went uncalled in the Cleveland Cavaliers' first-round closeout win in Game 4 over the Indiana Pacers.

According to the league's Last Two Minute Report, LeBron James moved his pivot foot at the start of his dribble before sinking a go-ahead 3-pointer with 1:14 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Cavs' 106-102 win. Indiana's Paul George had a shot at a potential tying 3-pointer with 4.6 seconds remaining that the league also determined should not have counted because George also moved his pivot foot before starting his dribble.

Read more:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19237463/lebron-james-go-ahead-3-pointer-game-4-counted

It was decided a long time ago that it's more important for the fans to like watching the product, than playing the game the right way. More contact was allowed by the defense, thus the ball handling rules were relaxed. I would have loved to learn to play basketball with the palming and carrying the ball that is allowed in today's game.
While LeBron would be good in every era of basketball, he would have struggled in the 80's and 90's when you were allowed to take charges. As a defender, when you can't square up LeBron, and he can just bang into you, backing you down the hoop, it's useless.

My next gripe is the euro step. Absolutely an illegal move.

Another terrible take by 14red.

Lebron being transported back to the 80's, a time of inferior physical talent compared to today, would have made a guy who relies on his physicality worse somehow.

If Larry Bird had tried to take a charge from Lebron, he'd be in a wheelchair.

"If basketball isn't played like it was in Hoosiers, it's not real basketball" - Yappi, CA, other old white guys

Huh? Not sure how you got that from my post. It was just a LOL moment when the NBA talks about missing a traveling call.

But it was nice to see that they found two violations in the game, one by both teams so it evened out.

And just for the record, I love the movie "Hoosiers"!!!

I think one could argue that he'd be even MORE elite in any other era. His skills would obviously transfer over, but his physical dominance would be otherworldly.

My comment only has to do with him going back and knocking guys around. LeBron is no different from most of the stars in the league now that act like an unseen sniper just took them out any time there's hard contact. Obviously, if he'd grown up in that era it would probably be different

Another terrible take by 14red.

Lebron being transported back to the 80's, a time of inferior physical talent compared to today, would have made a guy who relies on his physicality worse somehow.

If Larry Bird had tried to take a charge from Lebron, he'd be in a wheelchair.

LeBron's physicallity only works for him in today's basketball, not against him. How do you think LB would do with Charles Oakley, Horace Grant and others banging him going down the lane? You don't think LeBron would be called for alot more charges back then? He'd have to change his game.

:laugh: :laugh: Charles Oakley, at his heaviest, was 6'8", 245 lbs. Horace Grant? 6'10" 215. LeBron James is listed at 6'8" 250.

James and Grant have met twice in their careers.

LeBron's stat lines:

16 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists(0 fouls, which means 0 charges)
32 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists

Looks like he would do just fine playing against guys like Grant on a consistent basis.

LeBron's physicallity only works for him in today's basketball, not against him. How do you think LB would do with Charles Oakley, Horace Grant and others banging him going down the lane? You don't think LeBron would be called for alot more charges back then? He'd have to change his game.

James would be fine against Grant and Oakley. Those guys aren't even imposing by today's standards athletically or physically.

No surprise 14 is dead wrong here. You don't think it would help LeBron if he could be more physical against the smaller players at his position?