The 'Mangas Syndrome'...Made Out Of The Same Mold

George is a joy to watch. He gets so many easy baskets because is always several plays ahead of the other players. He may not be major D1 material, but he can certainly be on my team. He is a winner who makes plays. He uses his body so well in getting position and is able to shoot with both hands around the basket to go along with being a better than average 3 pt. shooter. Not fast but runs the floor very well. How close is he to getting 2,000 points? If you remember the Pollitz twins for Ottawa Glandorf. He is a lot like them, but a little more talented.

George is a joy to watch. He gets so many easy baskets because is always several plays ahead of the other players. He may not be major D1 material, but he can certainly be on my team. He is a winner who makes plays. He uses his body so well in getting position and is able to shoot with both hands around the basket to go along with being a better than average 3 pt. shooter. Not fast but runs the floor very well. How close is he to getting 2,000 points? If you remember the Pollitz twins for Ottawa Glandorf. He is a lot like them, but a little more talented.
I've watched a lot of HS basketball and Mangas might be the most efficient basketball I have ever seen at this level. Never out of control and great body control to initiate and finish through contact.

I've watched a lot of HS basketball and Mangas might be the most efficient basketball I have ever seen at this level. Never out of control and great body control to initiate and finish through contact.
You put him on a MAC ACTION team that is close to being good enough to win the league and his presence makes them league champs...JUST A WINNER!

How big is he?? Based off the highlight I watched vs Trotwood he feels like a tweener to me at the D1 level. Not knowing how to classify a kid position wise can scare alot of coaches.

How big is he?? Based off the highlight I watched vs Trotwood he feels like a tweener to me at the D1 level. Not knowing how to classify a kid position wise can scare alot of coaches.
I've watched him play live many times over these past few years and he is around 6'4 and a solid 190.

I hadn't watched any of him prior to seeing some Trotwood highlights...I would agree. He looks like the type of kid that would terrify a low-to-mid major D1 coach in that they might not be able to figure out how to fit him into their system, and probably more important, might not be able to figure out if there's a position he can guard defensively in say the Horizon League or the MAC.

As far as DI, around here I think Wright State could be a possibility if not for the glut of scoring guard type players that are currently freshmen or redshirt freshmen in that program. Odds are IMO he ends up at Findlay or a similar high caliber DII program.

Off topic but who is radio dave? I noticed he is someone who is an ignored user, but I don't remember using the ignore thingy on him? Is he a troll/spam-bot?

Off topic but who is radio dave? I noticed he is someone who is an ignored user, but I don't remember using the ignore thingy on him? Is he a troll/spam-bot?
I mean... in all honesty, he kinda is a human spambot. Most of us MAC-Posters are pretty well aware and can vouch for/and or fill in anything I miss. But pretty mucha big Celina fan that has a hateboner for Kenton who moved away to Rockford, Illinois. For some reason decided after moving away was the perfect time to start a news website where he writes articles about local sports on the OH/IN state line.
His articles mostly contains information that's clearly plagiarized from actual columnists and inserts screenshots and twitter links for filler. When he does write it feels like reading an essay by the freshmen that isn't allowed to use the pointy-edged scissors while cutting snowflakes in art class.
As Insane said, I'm kind of an ironic fan. Mostly cuz I love indulging in garbage.

I hadn't watched any of him prior to seeing some Trotwood highlights...I would agree. He looks like the type of kid that would terrify a low-to-mid major D1 coach in that they might not be able to figure out how to fit him into their system, and probably more important, might not be able to figure out if there's a position he can guard defensively in say the Horizon League or the MAC.

As far as DI, around here I think Wright State could be a possibility if not for the glut of scoring guard type players that are currently freshmen or redshirt freshmen in that program. Odds are IMO he ends up at Findlay or a similar high caliber DII program.
I have heard Findlay is really after him. I am not sure if any low D1 has offered but can't see higher than that. But at D2 I think he could be a star.

I mean... in all honesty, he kinda is a human spambot. Most of us MAC-Posters are pretty well aware and can vouch for/and or fill in anything I miss. But pretty mucha big Celina fan that has a hateboner for Kenton who moved away to Rockford, Illinois. For some reason decided after moving away was the perfect time to start a news website where he writes articles about local sports on the OH/IN state line.
His articles mostly contains information that's clearly plagiarized from actual columnists and inserts screenshots and twitter links for filler. When he does write it feels like reading an essay by the freshmen that isn't allowed to use the pointy-edged scissors while cutting snowflakes in art class.
As Insane said, I'm kind of an ironic fan. Mostly cuz I love indulging in garbage.
He worked for the city of celina for a longtime. I had some business dealings with him. Decent guy, but a real cheapskate.

Uh, more talented than the Pollitz twins. C'mon you can't really believe that, at least with regard to Tim. He started 91 games in 4 years at Miami....playing center at 6'5 and if Eric hadn't been injured would have started for 3. Tim had 21 points in a 2 point loss to a very good, top 25 ranked, and #3 seeded Oregon team in an NCAA tourney game in 2007.. Oh, and let's not forget the 10 point loss to Lebron in his senior season.....which was their closest game of the year including all the "national" teams they played that season. George is a fantastic player....and extremely talented...but Tim Pollitz was at another level

Last edited:

I do know that he is being recruited by West Virginia.......

Uh, more talented than the Pollitz twins. C'mon you can't really believe that, at least with regard to Tim. He started 91 games in 4 years at Miami....playing center at 6'5 and if Eric hadn't been injured would have started for 3. Tim had 21 points in a 2 point loss to a very good, top 25 ranked, and #3 seeded Oregon team in an NCAA tourney game in 2007.. Oh, and let's not forget the 10 point loss to Lebron in his senior season.....which was their closest game of the year including all the "national" teams they played that season. George is a fantastic player....and extremely talented...but Tim Pollitz was at another level
Hey... Just my opinion. I really liked Tim Pollitz. Mangas' college career is still to be written. His HS career has been fantastic, better stat wise than Pollitz. Either can play on my team any day.

I think Mangus is as talented as Pollitz twins. I would take any of them on my team.

He plays 0 defense. Concerns D1 coaches.
Most games Shawnee is on cruise control and winning big. When it gets serious, Mangus is on the other teams best player and seems to do a good job of shutting them down most of the time. If Shawnee would of had their big boy, they would of beat Findlay in a hard fought game by 8-12. My opinion.

I do know that he is being recruited by West Virginia.......
Being recruited can mean many things. I know kids who have gotten form letters from big schools. Are they being recruited, some say yes, I say no.
Others kids get hand written notes. Are they being recruited, some say yes, I say no. Others receive phone calls by staff showing interest. Are they being recruited, Most say yes, I say no, unless they are offered on the call or have already been offered. Other kids get home visits, I say probably yes because they either have been offered or are about to be offered. Last, other kids are officially offered. THEY ARE GETTING RECRUITED.

My question to you dcal419, is where is West Virginia on this list I provided. My guess is he is the backup, of the backup, of the backup plan, even though I think the kid is a PURE WINNER. Huggins puts this guy with the crazy athletic players he usually has and Mangus will make them all better. The kid is nuts, he wouldn't be intimidated by anyone on his team or an opponent.