The Mandalorian/All Things Star Wars

Date is wrong, new season starts March 1st.

By the way March will be a busy month as the centerpiece series for 3 streaming services will be starting backup: Mandalorian on 3/1, Apple's only good show Ted Lasso on 3/15, and HOB's Succession on 3/26.

By the way March will be a busy month as the centerpiece series for 3 streaming services will be starting backup: Mandalorian on 3/1, Apple's only good show Ted Lasso on 3/15, and HOB's Succession on 3/26.

ahh I got it mixed up with Ted Lasso

Much better episode this week after a slow start in week one. Loved seeing Bo Kataan use the dark saber again.

I find it funny though how resistant Disney is to referencing Satine.

Ted Lasso is the greatest. But I need to also pitch the quality of two other Apple shows: "Severance" is tremendous if you like mind bending stuff, and everything John Turturro does is good; 1 season thus far. "See" wrapped up its final season in 2022, a post-apocalypse show where the vast majority of the human race has lost it's sense of sight. Society is back to being very primitive and the show has a GOT feel in terms of the battle scenes and such.

As for the Mandalorian, episode 1 was meh, week 2 was better. Hoping for more in the coming weeks.

Episode 3: Not sure what I think of the new storyline. I liked the what else is going on in the New Republic angle.

I would have liked to see the doctor's story play out a bit differently. As I presume Elia is still working for Moff Gidieon, I thought the doctor was going to be recruited over. Regardless, I thought is a good character

I could definitely do without a return to cloning
As a major galaxy wide storyline? Yeah I agree. As an attempt at "reality?"

I don't think it would just disappear. It's too powerful. It'd be like nuke research disappearing just because they were out-lawed.Doesn't seem to me that would happen.

I like the reality of the idea that those former Empire grunts are out there. Very reflective of the German scientists post WWII and prisoners of war camped in the US were the first thoughts came to my mind as I watched this unfold. They're not really about the politics. Just doing the job, doing what they were trained for, not really thinking or maybe even caring about the implications. I like that story line more than the one they seem to be implying, which also I suppose isn't beyond the realm.

I guess they're going to insidiousness within the Republic to set up the post rebellion movies?

Last edited:
Two episodes in one. Andor has the political thing going on so not sure why we had the Courascant angle for the Mandalorian, also seems like we got a mini resolution to Mando’s story line so now where does he head? Back to Mandalore to check in on the beast or to Boca’s moon to battle those Tie Fighters that did a number on her palace. I am guessing those guys are part of this Admiral Thrawn’s posse and he will be a part of this series by the end of the season.

you all clearly know more than I do about the other story lines for these folks. Have not read the books just a fan of the Star Wars movies and we liked the Mandolorian first couple of seasons. This one not so much. Nerdy scientist and backstabbing "friend" story line better lead somewhere fast or the Grogu cuteness factor won't be enough to keep my wife and I interested.

I'm aware, but they didn't necessarily follow his history from the books.
which is why I questioned whether those are canon. Seems they might be heading his story that general flavor, Im not sure.

It was the original books that set the character and personality and I became a fan. Rebels just picked up on that, gave it some backstory. I thought they did a great job, picking up his love of history. One of the newer books post Rebels I think, had his growing up. I enjoyed that one too.

I give it nor more than ten "this is the ways" before I'm shown the door.

"I've seen a mythosaur" "this is the way."
beneath the holy waters of Mandalore!" "this is the way"
"No, I've SEEN a mythosaur" "this is the way"
"He's got huge sharp...he can leap about..look at the BONES!" "this is the way"

ZZZZZzzzrtttt, "way that beatch"

Looks like the big Star Wars fans got their Easter Egg fix this past episode. A nice development but season 3 still has some work to do if it wants to get back to the same level as 1 & 2.

Looks like the big Star Wars fans got their Easter Egg fix this past episode. A nice development but season 3 still has some work to do if it wants to get back to the same level as 1 & 2.

That was just the right thing to do, reading what that guy's real life became because of a role. And it wasn't fluff role. That apparently is a real character. Given a real purpose in the story many have wanted filled in. Still to be told is why that particular padawan got so much attention.

Another thing I had missed, which made it all so much better; I thought those were "rebels," because I recognized the uniform. Reading comments in reviews, I had the wrong army.

How has it been so far? I'm not going to watch until after basketball is over.

While not a bad season it is sliding backwards and this show is starting to lose me. I feel like there is too much time being spent to set up other shows or story lines outside of Mando, not saying it is a bad thing but they are going down that Lucas rabbit hole of quick cuts that seem mostly to be about moving plot along than creating compelling story telling. The ending of this most recent episode is a perfect example, in a 5 minute period the week's notable plot line was resolved to no ones surprise, Bo-Katan and the Armorer rush through what could have been a very compelling scene, and the skeptical Republic traffic cop just so happens to bump into a major situation with a twist. This doesn't even take into account yet another quick trip to the political center of the Universe or what is happening with the relationship between Mando and Grogu as they assimilate into basically a cult. If this is how the Ashoko show will be then I am not sure the this is what I signed up for after the 1st killer season of Favreau produced Star Wars content. When does Andor season 2 start?

While not a bad season it is sliding backwards and this show is starting to lose me. I feel like there is too much time being spent to set up other shows or story lines outside of Mando, not saying it is a bad thing but they are going down that Lucas rabbit hole of quick cuts that seem mostly to be about moving plot along than creating compelling story telling. The ending of this most recent episode is a perfect example, in a 5 minute period the week's notable plot line was resolved to no ones surprise, Bo-Katan and the Armorer rush through what could have been a very compelling scene, and the skeptical Republic traffic cop just so happens to bump into a major situation with a twist. This doesn't even take into account yet another quick trip to the political center of the Universe or what is happening with the relationship between Mando and Grogu as they assimilate into basically a cult. If this is how the Ashoko show will be then I am not sure the this is what I signed up for after the 1st killer season of Favreau produced Star Wars content. When does Andor season 2 start?

I like that they are expanding this part of the universe. I don't think it would survive if it was just the Mandalorian on a mission of the week which Season 1 started out as.

We're starting to see how Mando's story is part of the larger universe, which IMO is a good thing.