The Mandalorian Season 2-Final Chapter Spoilers Now Included

Episode 4 was another solid one, when it started I thought it was just another side trip deal but then it developed into a much better place. On a positive note another layer of why the child is such a big deal was pulled away but we do also get another Star Wars tradition of a recycled scene(s) from a previous production.

I thought it was on Fridays?

I'll have to dig it up somewhere.

12:00 AM PST is when they are released.

Instead of getting depressed and reading the news feed with my wake up cup of coffee I have started to watch this thing. The episodes are actually short as over 5 minutes of the published time is recap and credits.

Episode 4 was another solid one, when it started I thought it was just another side trip deal but then it developed into a much better place. On a positive note another layer of why the child is such a big deal was pulled away but we do also get another Star Wars tradition of a recycled scene(s) from a previous production.
I'm all jacked up now. Since there is NOTHING on TV these days I have reserved Sunday night as my Mandalorian watching time. Unsure if I can make it.

I'm all jacked up now. Since there is NOTHING on TV these days I have reserved Sunday night as my Mandalorian watching time. Unsure if I can make it.
I always watch the week before then the ne one my family has a no discussion dead period until Monday night at 8 pm to discuss

Horatio Sanz as Mythrol was entertaining. It kept bothering me throughout the entirety of the episode that I couldn't quite place his voice. That Trexler Marauder transport craft that they escaped in also took me back to my childhood. I still have a Kenner Imperial Troop Transporter toy from back in the day.

that might be what's keepin em interesting? First one, as I already mentioned, I felt was stretched out. Filler dialogue...

The challenge for Favreau is to keep the tradition of TV episodes in that each can stand alone and be a self contained story. I actually don't mind these shorter episodes as it makes it easier to get them in but wished there were more than 8 per season or that the seasons were not so far apart.

Almost certain she is in it Tomorrow.
We might finally get Ahsoka’s debut tomorrow. I’m interested to see how much she might know about the child. The child’s age places it in the time period where he may have been an initiate at the temple prior to the purge. If that’s true Ahsoka may be aware of the child’s name and heritage.

I wouldn't shake a stick at Dawson but f Eckstein was interested, it is an odd decision. Same age range. Dawson is comparable height to shorty Pedro and Ahsoka is clearly expected to be short, more Eckstein's size. And Eckstein does have acting experience. Maybe she couldn't pull off the physical aspects of the role?

Episode 5 was very strong. Many will be into the plot aspects but to me what made it work was the directing, sets, and acting. Visually the best so far. My only critique is that you really need to know the cartoons to get much of the big plot reveals. I know Disney doesn’t want to draw original streaming content into the primary Skywalker cannon but I needed to search some of the reveals to know the place in the overall story.

Wasn’t sure if Rosario Dawson was the right fit for Ahsoka Tano (not anything necessarily to do with Dawson herself), but she nails it from the opening scene.

This isn’t the Ahsoka we last saw. It’s an older, wiser one. Eckstein maybe could have pulled that off, but I get the change.Dawson is a much more seasoned actor.

Episode 5 was very strong. Many will be into the plot aspects but to me what made it work was the directing, sets, and acting. Visually the best so far. My only critique is that you really need to know the cartoons to get much of the big plot reveals. I know Disney doesn’t want to draw original streaming content into the primary Skywalker cannon but I needed to search some of the reveals to know the place in the overall story.

But do you really need to know the cartoons to have enjoyed the episode? IMO those are bonuses that enhance the story for viewers who know the canon, but I don’t think the casual fan will be lost. Just a little something extra for the diehards.

Also, so far the name reveal of Baby Yoda is 0-2 in my house. I’m on the fence. I don’t love it but I could see it growing on me as the episode went on.

The world building is good. Isn't trying to out-do what's been done, fits in pretty good. It was a given they weren't going to leave the kid off so the story was just a vehicle towards the bigger story. Thrawn had to be part of it, this was as good a way to bring him in. For me it was a misstep giving the kid a name, particular such a harsh one. Nor should they have tried to establish a father-son relationship that I enjoyed better as an older and annoying younger (who might actually be older ) brother. After all, the Mandalorian is really in the same boat as the kid. He's never been trained.

Dawson: Her stature and attempts to mimic a voice made her pretty much a different character given Tano's name. Not terrible. Not great. Certainly lacking charisma and wasn't particularly compelling. Her body acting so-so. Not sure if Eckstein could have pulled off the latter she would have been worlds better in the former. Ahsoka has already been established as older-wiser, this was not new. An older actress was a must. Dawson works as a one-off celebrity visit that could have been filled with many equally but would have been annoying or at least something to get used to if she'd become a regular.

Not as weak as the first two but not as strong as CH 11 and 12.

Last edited:
Given the shortage of Jedi and Disney’s stated reluctance to merge the skywalker saga into the streaming content. Who’s the Jedi that coming for the child? As Ahsoka said there are not many left outside of her. The only two other potential Jedi that are non skywalker that I’m aware of are Ezra Bridger and Cal Kestis.
I wonder if Yaddle is still alive?

Is Sinube still around?

Given the shortage of Jedi and Disney’s stated reluctance to merge the skywalker saga into the streaming content. Who’s the Jedi that coming for the child? As Ahsoka said there are not many left outside of her. The only two other potential Jedi that are non skywalker that I’m aware of are Ezra Bridger and Cal Kestis.
I wonder if Yaddle is still alive?

Given the Thrawn name drop, consensus seems to be Ezra.

Loved what Rosario did with Ahsoka and how they unveiled her character. Very pleased with how they handled her introduction to live action.

The child’s name however is absolutely horrible.

I also feel like that the name Baby Yoda had been so engrained in pop culture that the real name was going to be a let down no matter what it was.

I also feel like that the name Baby Yoda had been so engrained in pop culture that the real name was going to be a let down no matter what it was.

Baby Yoda might be something more for the older folks. The kids seem to refer to him/her as "the child." Kids, smh

I tried to find a filming location, no success for this ep. I was wondering did they really go into the burned hills or was it CGI?

Last edited:
Baby Yoda might be something more for the older folks. The kids seem to refer to him/her as "the child." Kids, smh

I tried to find a filming location, no success for this ep. I was wondering did they really go into the burned hills or was it CGI?

Felt like CGI

On my little laptop, I can't really tell the difference. All the graphics look amazing, I can't tell from it being real if something like it really existed.

But do you really need to know the cartoons to have enjoyed the episode? IMO those are bonuses that enhance the story for viewers who know the canon, but I don’t think the casual fan will be lost. Just a little something extra for the diehards.

Also, so far the name reveal of Baby Yoda is 0-2 in my house. I’m on the fence. I don’t love it but I could see it growing on me as the episode went on.
Im going with Todd.

I'll be watching later....

now having read reviews: I get the setting is yojimbo, the inspiration for Star Wars. The name is fan service to the anime crowd. and somewhere there was a lothcat. Anyone see a lothcat?

now having read reviews: I get the setting is yojimbo, the inspiration for Star Wars. The name is fan service to the anime crowd. and somewhere there was a lothcat. Anyone see a lothcat?

Rewatched with family tonight and my nephew pointed out the lothcat. It’s during the team up at the end when she’s picking bad guys off in the back alleys. They show it twice.

found it. Always so much going on in the backgrounds, makes these easy to rewatch. I did see the owl though.

Last edited: