The Mandalorian Season 2-Final Chapter Spoilers Now Included

Watched last night. Thought it was very good. My biggest fear from the first season to the second is hype forced changes. Continuity was there. Plus they added two excellent actors in Timothy Oliphant and John Leguizamo. Once I found out that the cyclops man was John Leguizamo he strikingly came across as John Leguizamo. Lol.

I don’t know why but I can’t see the cyclops character and not see Don Cheadle.

Apparently some are upset that Baby Yoda snacked on the frog lady’s eggs lol
Misdirection? That force thing in the first scene must mean something other than open the jar. The spider though, gone.

I'm still in the air on whether I will enjoy the show. Yeah Favreau gets all his friends in on the action and forces the homages but this story seems slow and try-too-hard babysitter lady getting too much screen time for my tastes. Maybe there's a lot of subtle things will become important later.

Misdirection? That force thing in the first scene must mean something other than open the jar. The spider though, gone.

I'm still in the air on whether I will enjoy the show. Yeah Favreau gets all his friends in on the action and forces the homages but this story seems slow and try-too-hard babysitter lady getting too much screen time for my tastes. Maybe there's a lot of subtle things will become important later.

I agree that season 2 has started slow and it appears Favreau is easing into things. One of the rumors going on is the Disney didn't want any main SW characters involved and was looking for a bunch of new ones they could merchandise thus frog lady getting screen time to build her story arc. Many think Sasha Banks gets into the action at the end of the next one which eventually leads to a buddy quest for the big fan fave Ahsoka Tano. I want to know though where is Giancarlo Esposito's character. That dude was pissed at the end of the 1st season and you would thing he and his bad light saber would be looking himself for the child and not some lame bounty hunters using rope to try to get the prize.

I actually liked the 2nd episode better than the 1st, the prologue scene was funny and a classic Coyote and Runner Runner sequence. The rest was just OK and maybe they are building to more action in the coming episodes.

I wouldn't even say it's action I'm looking for but story. The characters are there. The graphics, the setting... Most series by now would have at least a few sub plots going. This one doesn't seem to have any plot going. Find Mandaloreans? I find that a bit thin. You find them, then want? Have a reason other than loneliness or whatever.

Frog Lady I'd put into the same try-too-hard category as baby sitter, with the leaping and all. Maybe the driving force is merchandising? That certainly held back the prequel.

The Star War geeks are all over Chapter 11, kind of setting up where this thing is headed after a couple detours to start of the season. Looks like most rumors are true on new characters and the action wasn't only for action sake but also helped move the plot along.

MUCH more to my tastes. Trust a Howard to be able to direct. Ill probably watch that a couple more times if the weekend gets slow. Sackhoff was terrific. The other two were great too. I'm holding out hope that Welliver isn't a one and done.
Great episode IMO as well. Baby Yoda is like a dog I once had, he will eat the most disgusting $chit. It did not hurt that there were a couple kick-arse hot Mandalorians. Seeing Gus Fring is always cool as well.

MUCH more to my tastes. Trust a Howard to be able to direct. Ill probably watch that a couple more times if the weekend gets slow. Sackhoff was terrific. The other two were great too. I'm holding out hope that Welliver isn't a one and done.

I really can’t imagine an actor of Welliver’s stature being brought on for a one and done role that short (unless he wanted to do a cameo like Daniel Craig and Prince Harry recently). He’s not a huge star, but he’s also not a nobody.

Perhaps it was just an electro shock that knocked him out. Here’s hoping.

Nephew and my dad have watched all the cartoons and said last night that this season has a lot of reference to the cartoons and explained alot.

Watched 2 and 3 last night. Ep3 is too short but good.

Wonder if they find the place he is bringing baby Y to.

Tano next episode? I hope they have a solid end game in mind.

None of these characters made it into Force Awakens. That seems like a heck of a road block to a good story. I suppose I have to convince myself to just go on for the ride.

None of these characters made it into Force Awakens. That seems like a heck of a road block to a good story. I suppose I have to convince myself to just go on for the ride.

FWIW this all is taking place 25 years before Force Awakens. I don’t think that’s a worry.

All this is also setting up spinoffs. They are discussing as many as 3 right now.

Probably not until episode 5. Its directed by Dave Filoni, who was in charge of the Clone Wars series and created the character. Would think he would be the one to handle the character best. Episode 4 will probably be another side quest episode or some detour or crisis that delays the arrival to Asoka. Maybe a bit of teaser emerging of the shadows or a quick introduction shot right before the credits roll.

FWIW this all is taking place 25 years before Force Awakens. I don’t think that’s a worry.

All this is also setting up spinoffs. They are discussing as many as 3 right now.

An Asoka Tano spinoff and Mandalorians spin-off, what's the 3rd?

I can also kinda see this series either ending with the baby yoda storyline or being rolled right into a Mandalrions show where he joins the characters and fight introduced in Episode 3.

An Asoka Tano spinoff and Mandalorians spin-off, what's the 3rd?

I can also kinda see this series either ending with the baby yoda storyline or being rolled right into a Mandalrions show where he joins the characters and fight introduced in Episode 3.

Supposedly a Boba Fett spin-off is in the works. Not sure if it would be present time or take place between Return Of the Jedi and now.

Supposedly a Boba Fett spin-off is in the works. Not sure if it would be present time or take place between Return Of the Jedi and now.

I've a feeling that fan service, they'll find sounded better in the head than in implementation. There have been bounty hunter anthologies that worked. Spreads the story out so none of them get too thin. Also stories and games that looked at Mandalor that worked. But one series on Fett? They'll have to create an entirely new character that is Fett in name only.

Probably not until episode 5. Its directed by Dave Filoni, who was in charge of the Clone Wars series and created the character. Would think he would be the one to handle the character best. Episode 4 will probably be another side quest episode or some detour or crisis that delays the arrival to Asoka. Maybe a bit of teaser emerging of the shadows or a quick introduction shot right before the credits roll.

I agree that episode 5 is where we get Asoka. Episode 4 is to be directed by Carl Weathers so my guess is that Mando will be taking a detour, (maybe to fix his ship?) and will either run into Greef Karga or Greef will be searching out Mando with some sort of important intel. My speculation is that if this is a dirty western there has to be a posse of interesting secondary characters so anybody that has helped Mando in the past is fair game to come back and get in on the action, this what could happen in episode 4 or possibly episode 6. I could see this season finishing up with multiple allegiances and there has to be another unexpected Star War character thrown into the mix. A tradition I am waiting on too is a flashback episode, all episodic series seem to have one and there is a lot of fanboy chatter that they have to bring back a live action Darth Maul somehow as he has a tight relationship with Asoka and the Mandalorians.

As for spinoffs I get Asoka and a full on Madalorian show but I have never gotten all the love for Baba Fett. If I was Disney I would pay more service to the dark side and do more back story on that aspect of the SW Universe, that is were the real cool characters come from and acting talent loves to play the bad guys. I know it would never happen but have someone like Denzel Washington play Darth Plagueis or introduce a female Sith to shake things up. Outside of Gideon it seems like all the bad guys are white men, how about some equal opportunity?

I agree that episode 5 is where we get Asoka. Episode 4 is to be directed by Carl Weathers so my guess is that Mando will be taking a detour, (maybe to fix his ship?) and will either run into Greef Karga or Greef will be searching out Mando with some sort of important intel. My speculation is that if this is a dirty western there has to be a posse of interesting secondary characters so anybody that has helped Mando in the past is fair game to come back and get in on the action, this what could happen in episode 4 or possibly episode 6. I could see this season finishing up with multiple allegiances and there has to be another unexpected Star War character thrown into the mix. A tradition I am waiting on too is a flashback episode, all episodic series seem to have one and there is a lot of fanboy chatter that they have to bring back a live action Darth Maul somehow as he has a tight relationship with Asoka and the Mandalorians.

Maul in a flashback would work. Not sure how they'd bring him back from the dead again.