The Mandalorian Season 2-Final Chapter Spoilers Now Included

I knew she had been fired, but that’s the first time I saw the tweet that caused it. I know they were kind of looking for a way to get rid of her anyways for other tweets, but I’m surprised that they are treating this as the last straw.

There is nothing derogatory or offensive or insensitive in this tweet.
It felt like she was looking to get fired. She kept on pushing it more & more. Still, her mocking the pronouns in the bio is funny as hell.

I don't get the big deal over this. For as long as I've been employed where social media has been in existence, there have been code of conduct rules regarding what you post - even when you're "off the clock". I guess if you work in a place that gives zero effs, good for you. But the vast majority of larger corporations have these standards in place. You know what to expect going in. Now she's free to seek employment that aligns with her ideological and political hot takes. Good for her!

I don't get the big deal over this. For as long as I've been employed where social media has been in existence, there have been code of conduct rules regarding what you post - even when you're "off the clock". I guess if you work in a place that gives zero effs, good for you. But the vast majority of larger corporations have these standards in place. You know what to expect going in.

And that, kids, is why you don't add your real name to social media accounts if you have hot takes.

I don't get the big deal over this. For as long as I've been employed where social media has been in existence, there have been code of conduct rules regarding what you post - even when you're "off the clock". I guess if you work in a place that gives zero effs, good for you. But the vast majority of larger corporations have these standards in place. You know what to expect going in. Now she's free to seek employment that aligns with her ideological and political hot takes. Good for her!

Its mostly the hypocritical nature with which rules are applied.

Its mostly the hypocritical nature with which rules are applied.
Not really. This stuff happens all the time to regular people in regular jobs that post about endless amounts of nonsense all over the spectrum. We just seem to make a big deal when it happens to famous blowhards.

Not really. This stuff happens all the time to regular people in regular jobs that post about endless amounts of nonsense all over the spectrum. We just seem to make a big deal when it happens to famous blowhards.
I’m not aware of cos applying one set of rules for Liberals and one set for Conservatives.

I’m not aware of cos applying one set of rules for Liberals and one set for Conservatives.
I'm not sure what you're talking about here. I can only speak in a capacity for the companies that I've worked for to date. You mentioned hypocrisy. I'm telling you that in my experience, our social media rules have been applied evenly and consistently regardless of the employees political leanings. Same for interactions inside the workplace. It's been very clear what is expected, and folks should know that going in. As the arbiter of said policy, it doesn't matter what I believe when I'm in privacy of my own home. Even if I agree politically with what said poster sent out, they are subject to the same broad rule. If you work for a place the plays favorites or turns a blind eye one way or the other, then congratulations if they agree with you.

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. I can only speak in a capacity for the companies that I've worked for to date. You mentioned hypocrisy. I'm telling you that in my experience, our social media rules have been applied evenly and consistently regardless of the employees political leanings. Same for interactions inside the workplace. It's been very clear what is expected, and folks should know that going in. As the arbiter of said policy, it doesn't matter what I believe when I'm in privacy of my own home. Even if I agree politically with what said poster sent out, they are subject to the same broad rule. If you work for a place the plays favorites or turns a blind eye one way or the other, then congratulations if they agree with you.

And that’s my point. Pedro Pascal had a similar tweet to Gina Carano and nothing happened to him.

And that’s my point. Pedro Pascal had a similar tweet to Gina Carano and nothing happened to him.
And that's why I shared my 'regular people' example. These aren't regular people. Doesn't make it right, but they play by their own rules. They clearly had to decide if they could survive w/o the lead, or an ancillary character. No doubt it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if their roles had been reversed. Either way, you're free to boycott the show if you feel this strongly about it.

And that's why I shared my 'regular people' example. These aren't regular people. Doesn't make it right, but they play by their own rules. They clearly had to decide if they could survive w/o the lead, or an ancillary character. No doubt it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if their roles had been reversed. Either way, you're free to boycott the show if you feel this strongly about it.

Never watched the show, not into Star Wars, just pointing out the hypocrisy

Agreed to a point. When you're in a job that is about communication as well as entertainment, why shouldn't communication win? If we cannot even have actors in the real or in their roles pushing boundaries or exposing them, what chance does the recording of history have?

On one hand, we're saying shut up and act/play ball... and on the other hand we're saying "as long as I agree with what you say." Is that social progress?

On one hand, we're saying shut up and act/play ball... and on the other hand we're saying "as long as I agree with what you say." Is that social progress?
I'm personally not telling anyone what they can or cannot say. If/and when I make my own decision to, let's say, turn the channel in this example, I'm not whipping those around me into a frenzy for any type of social self-gratification or rationalization. It's the same for sports and music, as two other examples that get tons of play on this forum. From that perspective, I may not buy the N-bomb dude's album - but support his right to make a complete fool of himself by using the word. As far as social progress is is concerned, that's a murky area. I would assume that everyone has their own definition here. Good luck getting a broad consensus on Yappi.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm personally not telling anyone what they can or cannot say. If/and when I make my own decision to, let's say, turn the channel in this example, I'm not whipping those around me into a frenzy for any type of social self-gratification or rationalization. It's the same for sports and music, as two other examples that get tons of play on this forum. From that perspective, I may not buy the N-bomb dude's album - but support his right to make a complete fool of himself by using the word. As far as social progress is is concerned, that's a murky area. I would assume that everyone has their own definition here. Good luck getting a broad consensus on Yappi.

Nope, never really like sci fi.
Not picking on you but Star Wars is not science fiction. It's just fiction, no science in the show at all. A better description is what others have called it; "a Western set in space."

I can watch Star Wars but their liberal virtue signaling has gotten annoying...just felt the need to defend real science fiction.

Not picking on you but Star Wars is not science fiction. It's just fiction, no science in the show at all. A better description is what others have called it; "a Western set in space."

I can watch Star Wars but their liberal virtue signaling has gotten annoying...just felt the need to defend real science fiction.
Wrong.
SW is real.
It happened long ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Consensus is rarely broad anymore. At least on Yappi there's enough diversity of experience for more than one side of a debate instead of a complete circle jerk. On that I bet we got some consensus. :D

I don’t think it’s a coincidence media outlets always use that one pic of her in costume where she looks kind of fat & butch.

em well,... she's not a small girl. I don't know about a photo looking "butch" but if she's not strickly in training body fat, she's gonna look fat.. ish.

em well,... she's not a small girl. I don't know about a photo looking "butch" but if she's not strickly in training body fat, she's gonna look fat.. ish.
She’s a little thicker since her MMA days, but still hot. However, there’s a stock photo that outlets use that makes her like rather unattractive, and I have to think that’s purposeful.