The Mandalorian Season 2-Final Chapter Spoilers Now Included

Disagree with your disagreeing lol. She seemed truly surprised that Mando “had him in custody”.

I think she was just realizing the implications, she would have to defeat Mando. The reaction was open to interpretation though, since nothing was actually said. She could have been surprised he was able to not kill him, chose not to kill him, didn't get killed...

I think she was just realizing the implications, she would have to defeat Mando. The reaction was open to interpretation though, since nothing was actually said. She could have been surprised he was able to not kill him, chose not to kill him, didn't get killed...
I think she was thinking O Fk, that didnt work out like i had planned!

I think it’s a mixture of all of it.

Outside of Luke showing what peak Luke could do I was very disappointed in this episode. Actually this might be my least favorite episode of the series thus far.

Too much focus on action and not enough on character development.

should't the characters be kinda developed by the end of the story? Without the Force and lightsabers, Star Wars would have been another THX. Slash away baby!

Ok there was SOME character development (mandalorians sniffle) and they pushed forward at least three main stories: the Baby's journey, Katan's and Fett's.

I agree with EP, this was your favorite episode. Get in line. :D

A few quick thoughts:

Positives:
  • Not to sound like a broken record but visually this is the best thing I have seen on TV outside of maybe HBO's Rome, (and don't say GOT because that show couldn't figure out how to do the lighting.). Also the directing talent is all top notch and gave the viewer a sense that they are viewing cinema and not some cookie cutter sound stage small screen show.
  • Great attention to the story telling. A lot of conflict to base coming shows and story threads on, to me the named "The Mandalorian" show now pivots from an emphasis on parenting to the greater family and how do "families" resolve internal conflict. And you have the Marvel like post credit epilogue that launches a completely new "book".
  • Acting was also stellar, outside of the CGI the scene on the bridge was very well done. The look on Sackoff's face when Mando had a live Gideon and the Dark Saber in his hand was priceless. Also sorry PC police, I hope Gina Carano is going no where as she nailed the female enforcer role perfectly.
  • Some wanted a more fleshed out chapter, I actually like that the finale stayed in the short episodic tradition of the series. Made viewing easy and was not a huge investment of time with wasted action just to show off action.
  • The action was great and not regurgitated from previous Star Wars films. Notably the use of the Dark Troopers.
Negatives (the plot holes I was speaking about):
  • OK did the crew on the bridge know that the savior of the universe was in their midst? Don't you think Mando would want to know a little more about who this Jedi was that he was handing over the kid to? At least a phone # so he can check in once in a while to see how school is coming a long? Seems to simple to just turn over this kid that was such a big deal and just shed a tear then move on.
  • Don't you think Mando should have also mention to the Jedi that there is this container filled with Grogu's blood hiding somewhere on board that Gideon wanted so bad? I get that this is how we get Snoke and to keep the JJ Abrahams story line working it needs to not come out but it seems too simple to just forget telling Luke about it.
  • Smaller point but shouldn't have Bo Katan told Mando about the fine print of the dark saber deal before they bordered the ship?

Never really got the fan love for Boba Fett but this final image was awesome.

mandalorian-season-2-post-credit-scene-boba-fett.jpg
I’ve never seen this show, but I will support anything she does. She has the biggest balls of any working actor.

Outside of the joke that Storm Troopers have become I really liked it.

CGI Luke looked real to me.

I assume this is it for the show? Onto a new off-shoot series? I really like it. Keep telling side stories and filling in the blanks. Mandalorian was two seasons, they built things up and ended it properly with everyone yearning for more. Well done.

Outside of the joke that Storm Troopers have become I really liked it.

CGI Luke looked real to me.

I assume this is it for the show? Onto a new off-shoot series? I really like it. Keep telling side stories and filling in the blanks. Mandalorian was two seasons, they built things up and ended it properly with everyone yearning for more. Well done.

They’ve already been writing season 3 which is scheduled for Christmas 2021.

They have to deal with the whole Mandalore and dark saber storyline.

Complaints about CGI Luke that I didn't see, I thought maybe because I watch on a laptop. looked great to me. Storm Troopers: They're there to be thrown and go "Aaaaaahhhh." Except when they were clones, their armor never stopped anything. Wasn't very good when they were clones.

Rewatched. I so like that 70s tech. I enjoyed watching Luke fight his way in on the B&W screens. Other complaints I've read, the length of the fights. I think those were to give the female characters time to look bad- but yeah, they could have shortened those, kept the best parts. Denofgeek complained about the pounding the dark trooper was putting on Mando totally missing that was meant to be humor. Favreou is like the Uncle that can't turn the bad jokes on and off. Lots of those in E. Europe Toledo.

They’ve already been writing season 3 which is scheduled for Christmas 2021.

They have to deal with the whole Mandalore and dark saber storyline.
I forget, even though the show is called "The Mandalorian," that it is not centered around Grogu. I would have been ok with them ending it after this last episode.

It was also very cool to see Luke Skywalker as such a bad arse. Of course we see it happen in Return of the Jedi but there is a big gap there. Very cool IMO AND they actually made him look slightly older than he was in Jedi.

I forget, even though the show is called "The Mandalorian," that it is not centered around Grogu. I would have been ok with them ending it after this last episode.

It was also very cool to see Luke Skywalker as such a bad arse. Of course we see it happen in Return of the Jedi but there is a big gap there. Very cool IMO AND they actually made him look slightly older than he was in Jedi.
He absolutely went all bad , like Vader at the end of R1, that is for sure.

We cannot forget that Jedi and Mandalorians are enemies. Mando had a job to do, and he did it. Now that he has the dark saber and saw first h and what a Jedi can do maybe he tries to repair his kind.

I think they can go quite a few ways that will be entertaining, but the issue is, of course, Boda (baby yoda) is likely not the focal point as to why/what is going on. That can be a huge issue.

Speaking of, I need to go and purchase my cement baby yoda today for a gift! 2 feet concrete statue..pretty cool! They sold 100 in 2 weeks this summer when they got them!

Disney has confirmed what most already understood.

The Book of Boba Fett and Mandalorian Season 3 are two separate things, both hitting Disney+ December 2021.

Fett to be executive produced by Robert Rodriguez who directed Fett’s return, episode 2x6.

Last edited:
The High Republic is like 50 years before Episode one and to focus on the Jedi.
there is a diff one focusing on the Empire.

This could be epic.

Thought it was OK.

Bit of a softball conclusion to the Moff Gideon arc.

Wasn't wowed or thrown into a fit of tears over Luke showing up, it was always going to be him or someone dead. I get they were trying to draw parallel's with Anakin/Vader but Luke's romp through the Dark Troopers was poorly choreographed and boring. The CGI was good for what it is, though I'm sure it will age horribly.

TV and Hollywood giving small women the strength to outmatch fully grown men is so absurd. That fight with Boba Fett was particularly ridiculous.

Mando handed over the child to Luke because he was waiting for a Jedi to come for him and Luke proved himself to be just that. Mando doesn't require a full biography and DNA test.

Disney has confirmed what most already understood.

The Book of Boba Fett and Mandalorian Season 3 are two separate things, both hitting Disney+ December 2021.

Fett to be executive produced by Robert Rodriguez who directed Fett’s return, episode 2x6.

Book of Fett is rumored to just be a 3 or 4 episode miniseries. They've also said that all the spin-offs will roll back together in a cross-over event. Kinda of assumed that Thrawn will be the big bad and we see more live action versions of Clone Wars and Rebels characters.

That was fantastic. The Mandalorian is the best live action Star Wars since A New Hope & Empire Strikes Back.

When the lone X wing showed up and a hooded & cloaked Jedi with a green light sabre started kicking butt I thought could it be him? Would they be that audacious? They were and IMO they got it just right.

It does make me sad for what might have been. The Mandalorian packed more wonder in a typical episode then the crappy Abrams movies did in two and half hours. Imagine how amazing the sequels would have been if instead of the hack Abrams Jon Favreau had been handed the keys to the franchise.

A few quick thoughts:

Positives:
  • Not to sound like a broken record but visually this is the best thing I have seen on TV outside of maybe HBO's Rome, (and don't say GOT because that show couldn't figure out how to do the lighting.). Also the directing talent is all top notch and gave the viewer a sense that they are viewing cinema and not some cookie cutter sound stage small screen show.

I loved the set design and special effects in the Mandalorian. They were excellent and at times crossed over into being awesome.

I would say that the last two seasons of the Expanse, since it moved over to Amazon, are more then a match with the Mandalorian in visual effects and sets.

Read a theory yesterday.... ..maybe the whole Grogu story line is just a side step to what the main focus of the whole series is to be.........the reunification of all the Mandalorian

Proof that Baby Yoda will be back:

My daughter, who has seen a grand total of two episodes of the Mandalorian, got probably seven Baby Yoda related gifts for Christmas.

My 2yr old nephew who has never seen Star Wars, and I don’t think even his parents have, got a Baby Yoda doll (I think FROM his parents) for Christmas.

Grogu will be back.

Proof that Baby Yoda will be back:

My daughter, who has seen a grand total of two episodes of the Mandalorian, got probably seven Baby Yoda related gifts for Christmas.

My 2yr old nephew who has never seen Star Wars, and I don’t think even his parents have, got a Baby Yoda doll (I think FROM his parents) for Christmas.

Grogu will be back.
You mean, FORMER family....

Gina Carano is axed from The Mandalorian.

I wonder what happens to Cara Dune?

To be clear this was the quote that got her fired:

“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children,” Carano wrote Instagram. “Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views.”

IMO this is an uncontroversial and accurate take on the nature of how orchestrating directed hate can lead all the way to genocide. In fact if you had taken any college level course on the rise of the Nazi's in Germany this likley would have been how they explained why regular Germans were able to ignore the holocaust taking place in their country.

To be clear this was the quote that got her fired:

“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children,” Carano wrote Instagram. “Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views.”

IMO this is an uncontroversial and accurate take on the nature of how orchestrating directed hate can lead all the way to genocide. In fact if you had taken any college level course on the rise of the Nazi's in Germany this likley would have been how they explained why regular Germans were able to ignore the holocaust taking place in their country.

I knew she had been fired, but that’s the first time I saw the tweet that caused it. I know they were kind of looking for a way to get rid of her anyways for other tweets, but I’m surprised that they are treating this as the last straw.

There is nothing derogatory or offensive or insensitive in this tweet.

I knew she had been fired, but that’s the first time I saw the tweet that caused it. I know they were kind of looking for a way to get rid of her anyways for other tweets, but I’m surprised that they are treating this as the last straw.

There is nothing derogatory or offensive or insensitive in this tweet.
Apparently she has been all over tweeter for months and months saying a bunch of crazy stuff. they were calling for her firing while the show was still on.
I liked her on the show, dont really care what she has to say in the tweetersphere.

Just another person losing their job because of something they say..............
Never realized words are worse than actually committing crimes....