The Mandalorian Season 2-Final Chapter Spoilers Now Included

A bunch of folks I work with watched it during lunch and the consensus is a big thumbs up. I move to start discussing including spoilers, anyone care to 2nd?

Not fair to people who actually work and there's no hidden spoiler feature. You could start a separate "with spoilers" thread?

Well.... I guess..... what is next for Mando?

I think he is talking about Grogu possibly being missing from next and future seasons. I personally see this character evolving to something outside of the cute "Baby Yoda" and into something of either a tragic figure or one that needs to go on a different path than the Skywalker story.

Goosebumps when grogu s ears perked up and ya knew it was a jedi. Then the green saber I was sorta sure...then when he had a glove on his repaired hand I knew!

After watching twice it has me mad tho.....that we for robbed of Luke in the last trilogy.

But anyways...I see season three staring where it left off and another ship showing up and Mando fight with Luke.

What I Mando mission moving forward?
Presume grogu gets killed by kylo when like was training new jedis.

Walking through the open area, view from behind when he put his right saber hand out from his body. That was first clue I thought. But of course, his wasn't the appearance all will be talking about.

I liked the scene where we learned that Mando sounding like he's talking through the helmet, doesn't have anything to do with the helmet.

I think he is talking about Grogu possibly being missing from next and future seasons. I personally see this character evolving to something outside of the cute "Baby Yoda" and into something of either a tragic figure or one that needs to go on a different path than the Skywalker story.
Considering this is taking place 5 years after Return of the Jedi, there has to be some further explanation as to what happens to him and why he didn't show up in the new trilogy. Very possible that he is killed by Kylo, as thavoice said. He was also still a baby/toddler and portrayed as somewhat stubborn, so maybe Luke doesn't train him in the same way he trains the other students and sends him to live with another Jedi (Ahsoka?) until he was truly ready for training. Seems as if anything other than him being killed by Kylo would be a bit cheap and convenient, though.

Considering this is taking place 5 years after Return of the Jedi, there has to be some further explanation as to what happens to him and why he didn't show up in the new trilogy. Very possible that he is killed by Kylo, as thavoice said. He was also still a baby/toddler and portrayed as somewhat stubborn, so maybe Luke doesn't train him in the same way he trains the other students and sends him to live with another Jedi (Ahsoka?) until he was truly ready for training. Seems as if anything other than him being killed by Kylo would be a bit cheap and convenient, though.
Thought of that too, like he escaped the pillaging of kylo.
There was a lot of speculation who would show up to save grogu, and most were jedi from the clone series but LS? I guess I had hoped to see him in Mando but didn't nthink it would happen

Went online afterwards seeking and so many are bitsching about it.

Some people just wanna bitsch about anything

since it's spoiler allowed now, what were the complaints? Interested in Auggie's shark jumps too. I honestly didn't notice any, except maybe a jamming for plot point energy weapon.

A few quick thoughts:

Positives:
  • Not to sound like a broken record but visually this is the best thing I have seen on TV outside of maybe HBO's Rome, (and don't say GOT because that show couldn't figure out how to do the lighting.). Also the directing talent is all top notch and gave the viewer a sense that they are viewing cinema and not some cookie cutter sound stage small screen show.
  • Great attention to the story telling. A lot of conflict to base coming shows and story threads on, to me the named "The Mandalorian" show now pivots from an emphasis on parenting to the greater family and how do "families" resolve internal conflict. And you have the Marvel like post credit epilogue that launches a completely new "book".
  • Acting was also stellar, outside of the CGI the scene on the bridge was very well done. The look on Sackoff's face when Mando had a live Gideon and the Dark Saber in his hand was priceless. Also sorry PC police, I hope Gina Carano is going no where as she nailed the female enforcer role perfectly.
  • Some wanted a more fleshed out chapter, I actually like that the finale stayed in the short episodic tradition of the series. Made viewing easy and was not a huge investment of time with wasted action just to show off action.
  • The action was great and not regurgitated from previous Star Wars films. Notably the use of the Dark Troopers.
Negatives (the plot holes I was speaking about):
  • OK did the crew on the bridge know that the savior of the universe was in their midst? Don't you think Mando would want to know a little more about who this Jedi was that he was handing over the kid to? At least a phone # so he can check in once in a while to see how school is coming a long? Seems to simple to just turn over this kid that was such a big deal and just shed a tear then move on.
  • Don't you think Mando should have also mention to the Jedi that there is this container filled with Grogu's blood hiding somewhere on board that Gideon wanted so bad? I get that this is how we get Snoke and to keep the JJ Abrahams story line working it needs to not come out but it seems too simple to just forget telling Luke about it.
  • Smaller point but shouldn't have Bo Katan told Mando about the fine print of the dark saber deal before they bordered the ship?

Never really got the fan love for Boba Fett but this final image was awesome.

mandalorian-season-2-post-credit-scene-boba-fett.jpg

since it's spoiler allowed now, what were the complaints? Interested in Auggie's shark jumps too. I honestly didn't notice any, except maybe a jamming for plot point energy weapon.
Complaining about the CGI for Luke's face, saying it wsa so distracting they couldnt focuse on what was said, BS like that.

A few quick thoughts:

Positives:
  • Not to sound like a broken record but visually this is the best thing I have seen on TV outside of maybe HBO's Rome, (and don't say GOT because that show couldn't figure out how to do the lighting.). Also the directing talent is all top notch and gave the viewer a sense that they are viewing cinema and not some cookie cutter sound stage small screen show.
  • Great attention to the story telling. A lot of conflict to base coming shows and story threads on, to me the named "The Mandalorian" show now pivots from an emphasis on parenting to the greater family and how do "families" resolve internal conflict. And you have the Marvel like post credit epilogue that launches a completely new "book".
  • Acting was also stellar, outside of the CGI the scene on the bridge was very well done. The look on Sackoff's face when Mando had a live Gideon and the Dark Saber in his hand was priceless. Also sorry PC police, I hope Gina Carano is going no where as she nailed the female enforcer role perfectly.
  • Some wanted a more fleshed out chapter, I actually like that the finale stayed in the short episodic tradition of the series. Made viewing easy and was not a huge investment of time with wasted action just to show off action.
  • The action was great and not regurgitated from previous Star Wars films. Notably the use of the Dark Troopers.
  • OK did the crew on the bridge know that the savior of the universe was in their midst? Don't you think Mando would want to know a little more about who this Jedi was that he was handing over the kid to? At least a phone # so he can check in once in a while to see how school is coming a long? Seems to simple to just turn over this kid that was such a big deal and just shed a tear then move on.
  • Don't you think Mando should have also mention to the Jedi that there is this container filled with Grogu's blood hiding somewhere on board that Gideon wanted so bad? I get that this is how we get Snoke and to keep the JJ Abrahams story line working it needs to not come out but it seems too simple to just forget telling Luke about it.
  • Smaller point but shouldn't have Bo Katan told Mando about the fine print of the dark saber deal before they bordered the ship?

*They asked if he was a Jedi. Presume they didnt know how important he is. Also, it has been his mission to deliver Grogu to his place, he did so, and it was evident by Grogu's actions that there is a connection. Mission complete. I thought that handover scene was pretty obvious. It happend like Oshoka said it would essentially. Bring him to the rock. He sends out a vibe and if any Jedi listening, they will come get him.

*Eh. Weak, and wouldnt consider it a plot hole.
*No one trusts anyone. Maybe worried about a double cross by Mando, or the Fettmeister, to battle MG for the dark saber.

The action was great and not regurgitated from previous Star Wars films. Notably the use of the Dark Troopers.
  • 1 OK did the crew on the bridge know that the savior of the universe was in their midst? Don't you think Mando would want to know a little more about who this Jedi was that he was handing over the kid to? At least a phone # so he can check in once in a while to see how school is coming a long? Seems to simple to just turn over this kid that was such a big deal and just shed a tear then move on.
  • 2 Don't you think Mando should have also mention to the Jedi that there is this container filled with Grogu's blood hiding somewhere on board that Gideon wanted so bad? I get that this is how we get Snoke and to keep the JJ Abrahams story line working it needs to not come out but it seems too simple to just forget telling Luke about it.
  • 3 Smaller point but shouldn't have Bo Katan told Mando about the fine print of the dark saber deal before they bordered the ship?

Great talking points.
1) Adding pragmatism: just because WE got to see Luke do his stuff through 6 movies, doesn't mean every person on every backwater everywhere, did. Have they ever shown mass media in the lore? I honestly do not recall any. Perfectly believalbe for me that people would not know who these Jedi are. But how many parents have just handed their babies over to Jedi? All of them. The kid vouched for Luke and that's what Jin went with. He was very much about his quest and sacrifice. Not handing over the kid would have taken the sense out of 2 seasons.

2) Hand over your kid to someone, what's on your mind? . One of those "of f, I forgot to tell him..." Yeah he should have mentioned it. Luke perhaps should have sensed it. But they didn't and at least the first is normal. They probably could have taken a moment of screen time to give a reason it wasn't detectable but that wouldn't make sense, since there weren't supposed to be any Jedi, why try to hide it from them? So yeah, that could be a plot hole. I wonder if it's green?

3) People don't generally think that way in my experience. As you (and other reviews I've read) did in subject #1, people assume others know what they know. It's natural. It's the genius thought that does otherwise. So not telling him I think perfectly in character, whether that was actually an intentional plot point or not.

We don't go through life without our "oh " moments, things we realize after it's too late, was obvious we should have done.

Probably nit picking but if I was in Mando's shoes those first two points would be things I would be thinking about.

Probably nit picking but if I was in Mando's shoes those first two points would be things I would be thinking about.

that's not nit picking. I don't know how anyone can guarantee what they will be thinking about particularly in such a stressful situation but I wouldn't put my abilities on anyone else. Yes they should think and do like me but so few have my abilities and awareness of situation. ?

I dont know.
I thought it was painstakingly obvious that the person who showed up was whom Mando had been looking for to deliver the kid. I think any other additional dialogue in that scenario would take away from the awesomeness!

As for moving forward... You have to think that Mando and Boka have a few issues to work through and the Mandalorian cult may have a some words to say about the resolution too. Maybe they hook up and get it on! They may also try to launch the Ahsoka Tano series from The Mandalorian next X-Mas, if so I would expect to see a ton of Clone Wars and Rebels characters start to appear. If so casting Thrawn will be critical and I hope they don't blow it. Would also like to see Bryce Dallas Howard cast as some sort of villain, she nailed that type of role in the Help. I also hope that Favreau stays engaged and keeps the Marvel directors flowing into the project. Bring back Taika Waititi for an episode and while they are at it let the Russo Brothers have a whirl.

I woulda said "no" to a Fett series, in fact I think I did, but you're right, that image excites.

We can be pretty sure they'll fill the Baby Yoda void with a cartoon. They can safely leave him (her") out of the main series with an occasional guest appearance.

Most of these actors are quickly approaching middle age. I think they'll need to feed the young. 902ooine

Walking through the open area, view from behind when he put his right saber hand out from his body. That was first clue I thought. But of course, his wasn't the appearance all will be talking about.

I liked the scene where we learned that Mando sounding like he's talking through the helmet, doesn't have anything to do with the helmet.

The X wing was when I started freaking out.

A few quick thoughts:

Positives:

I don’t think she ever imagined a scenario where Mando would defeat Gideon in battle.

As for them knowing about Luke, Jedi have seemed more like legends and myths than well know hero’s ever since the fall of the republic in episode III.

I don’t think she ever imagined a scenario where Mando would defeat Gideon in battle.

As for them knowing about Luke, Jedi have seemed more like legends and myths than well know hero’s ever since the fall of the republic in episode III.
Disagree. They knew the dark saber couldnt cut through his armor so I think it was likely Mando would win. I truly think she didnt tell them because she wanted to fight, defeat and get the dark saber herself and ensure they didnt get any grand illusions of doing it themselves, especially Bobo.

Was reading last night about the speculation of Windu being the Jedi to save Grogu. An article speculated if they artwork released in the announcment of the other series let it slip as apparently he is in one of the photos.
Or could have been totally misleading knowing SW geeks would look at that with a fine tooth comb.

Disagree. They knew the dark saber couldnt cut through his armor so I think it was likely Mando would win. I truly think she didnt tell them because she wanted to fight, defeat and get the dark saber herself and ensure they didnt get any grand illusions of doing it themselves, especially Bobo.

Was reading last night about the speculation of Windu being the Jedi to save Grogu. An article speculated if they artwork released in the announcment of the other series let it slip as apparently he is in one of the photos.
Or could have been totally misleading knowing SW geeks would look at that with a fine tooth comb.

Disagree with your disagreeing lol. She seemed truly surprised that Mando “had him in custody”.