The Mandalorian Season 2-Final Chapter Spoilers Now Included

thavoice

I forget, even though the show is called "The Mandalorian," that it is not centered around Grogu. I would have been ok with them ending it after this last episode.

It was also very cool to see Luke Skywalker as such a bad arse. Of course we see it happen in Return of the Jedi but there is a big gap there. Very cool IMO AND they actually made him look slightly older than he was in Jedi.
He absolutely went all bad , like Vader at the end of R1, that is for sure.

We cannot forget that Jedi and Mandalorians are enemies. Mando had a job to do, and he did it. Now that he has the dark saber and saw first h and what a Jedi can do maybe he tries to repair his kind.

I think they can go quite a few ways that will be entertaining, but the issue is, of course, Boda (baby yoda) is likely not the focal point as to why/what is going on. That can be a huge issue.

Speaking of, I need to go and purchase my cement baby yoda today for a gift! 2 feet concrete statue..pretty cool! They sold 100 in 2 weeks this summer when they got them!

PantherProud

Disney has confirmed what most already understood.

The Book of Boba Fett and Mandalorian Season 3 are two separate things, both hitting Disney+ December 2021.

Fett to be executive produced by Robert Rodriguez who directed Fett’s return, episode 2x6.

Last edited:

thavoice

The High Republic is like 50 years before Episode one and to focus on the Jedi.
there is a diff one focusing on the Empire.

This could be epic.

Crusaders

Thought it was OK.

Bit of a softball conclusion to the Moff Gideon arc.

Wasn't wowed or thrown into a fit of tears over Luke showing up, it was always going to be him or someone dead. I get they were trying to draw parallel's with Anakin/Vader but Luke's romp through the Dark Troopers was poorly choreographed and boring. The CGI was good for what it is, though I'm sure it will age horribly.

TV and Hollywood giving small women the strength to outmatch fully grown men is so absurd. That fight with Boba Fett was particularly ridiculous.

Mando handed over the child to Luke because he was waiting for a Jedi to come for him and Luke proved himself to be just that. Mando doesn't require a full biography and DNA test.

Tardis

Disney has confirmed what most already understood.

The Book of Boba Fett and Mandalorian Season 3 are two separate things, both hitting Disney+ December 2021.

Fett to be executive produced by Robert Rodriguez who directed Fett’s return, episode 2x6.
Book of Fett is rumored to just be a 3 or 4 episode miniseries. They've also said that all the spin-offs will roll back together in a cross-over event. Kinda of assumed that Thrawn will be the big bad and we see more live action versions of Clone Wars and Rebels characters.

lotr10

That was fantastic. The Mandalorian is the best live action Star Wars since A New Hope & Empire Strikes Back.

When the lone X wing showed up and a hooded & cloaked Jedi with a green light sabre started kicking butt I thought could it be him? Would they be that audacious? They were and IMO they got it just right.

It does make me sad for what might have been. The Mandalorian packed more wonder in a typical episode then the crappy Abrams movies did in two and half hours. Imagine how amazing the sequels would have been if instead of the hack Abrams Jon Favreau had been handed the keys to the franchise.

lotr10

A few quick thoughts:

Positives:
  • Not to sound like a broken record but visually this is the best thing I have seen on TV outside of maybe HBO's Rome, (and don't say GOT because that show couldn't figure out how to do the lighting.). Also the directing talent is all top notch and gave the viewer a sense that they are viewing cinema and not some cookie cutter sound stage small screen show.
I loved the set design and special effects in the Mandalorian. They were excellent and at times crossed over into being awesome.

I would say that the last two seasons of the Expanse, since it moved over to Amazon, are more then a match with the Mandalorian in visual effects and sets.

thavoice

Read a theory yesterday.... ..maybe the whole Grogu story line is just a side step to what the main focus of the whole series is to be.........the reunification of all the Mandalorian

PantherProud

Proof that Baby Yoda will be back:

My daughter, who has seen a grand total of two episodes of the Mandalorian, got probably seven Baby Yoda related gifts for Christmas.

My 2yr old nephew who has never seen Star Wars, and I don’t think even his parents have, got a Baby Yoda doll (I think FROM his parents) for Christmas.

Grogu will be back.