The Mandalorian Season 2-Final Chapter Spoilers Now Included

Auggie

I will wait to discuss spoilers but for the most part a well done episode. Again cinema quality visuals and directing, the story also was solid with some nice twists to keep things juiced up. Fans of the cartoon series will be very happy as to where this thing is headed for season 3. On the negative side though there are a couple holes that seem unrealistic, even in a sci-fi world.

thavoice

I will wait to discuss spoilers but for the most part a well done episode. Again cinema quality visuals and directing, the story also was solid with some nice twists to keep things juiced up. Fans of the cartoon series will be very happy as to where this thing is headed for season 3. On the negative side though there are a couple holes that seem unrealistic, even in a sci-fi world.
I would like to know what you mean about holes, but we can discuss it after everyone has a chance to watch.

I was watching and thinking to myself how I was bummed it will be a year before we see something new, and how I wish there was a movie this holiday season, but then realized they just have us 8 episodes that are essentially mini movies with the production value.

Would just love to get back into the theatre for SW.

thavoice

God damn did I get excited during THAT part. Certainly unexpected. Amazing what technology in the film industry can do.
Went online afterwards seeking and so many are bitsching about it.

Some people just wanna bitsch about anything

PantherProud

I would like to know what you mean about holes, but we can discuss it after everyone has a chance to watch.

I was watching and thinking to myself how I was bummed it will be a year before we see something new, and how I wish there was a movie this holiday season, but then realized they just have us 8 episodes that are essentially mini movies with the production value.

Would just love to get back into the theatre for SW.

I’d pay if they put this episode in theaters for a run

eastisbest

swung for the fences and put it out of the park. Heck, put it in the water beyond the park. and of course stay through the credits. Can't wait to read the reviews/forums and find out why I wasn't supposed to like this.

Auggie

A bunch of folks I work with watched it during lunch and the consensus is a big thumbs up. I move to start discussing including spoilers, anyone care to 2nd?

eastisbest

Not fair to people who actually work and there's no hidden spoiler feature. You could start a separate "with spoilers" thread?

Auggie

Well.... I guess..... what is next for Mando?
I think he is talking about Grogu possibly being missing from next and future seasons. I personally see this character evolving to something outside of the cute "Baby Yoda" and into something of either a tragic figure or one that needs to go on a different path than the Skywalker story.

thavoice

Goosebumps when grogu s ears perked up and ya knew it was a jedi. Then the green saber I was sorta sure...then when he had a glove on his repaired hand I knew!

After watching twice it has me mad tho.....that we for robbed of Luke in the last trilogy.

But anyways...I see season three staring where it left off and another ship showing up and Mando fight with Luke.

What I Mando mission moving forward?
Presume grogu gets killed by kylo when like was training new jedis.

eastisbest

Walking through the open area, view from behind when he put his right saber hand out from his body. That was first clue I thought. But of course, his wasn't the appearance all will be talking about.

I liked the scene where we learned that Mando sounding like he's talking through the helmet, doesn't have anything to do with the helmet.

SC10EHS15

I think he is talking about Grogu possibly being missing from next and future seasons. I personally see this character evolving to something outside of the cute "Baby Yoda" and into something of either a tragic figure or one that needs to go on a different path than the Skywalker story.
Considering this is taking place 5 years after Return of the Jedi, there has to be some further explanation as to what happens to him and why he didn't show up in the new trilogy. Very possible that he is killed by Kylo, as thavoice said. He was also still a baby/toddler and portrayed as somewhat stubborn, so maybe Luke doesn't train him in the same way he trains the other students and sends him to live with another Jedi (Ahsoka?) until he was truly ready for training. Seems as if anything other than him being killed by Kylo would be a bit cheap and convenient, though.