The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power

Kind of paling in comparison to HOD but did interest me enough to start rewatching the original. I'd totaly forgotten how long that movie was.

On the subject of tatties, was at a wedding over the weekend and the bride had to have had Gs or something ridiculous and made absolutely no attempt to hide them. We're talking one wrong move and they're out, can't really dance too much type of dress. Very strange choice for a wedding

On the subject of this show: each episode is getting worse, honestly. The plots, dialogue, direction, and obvious wokeness drag this down way down. I'm honestly only watching it because my wife wants to finish the season

The sea is always right! lmao
Was she hot or just fat?

Of course it’s straight people’s fault for not going to a movie that wasn’t made for them. This guy should be kicked in the nuts.

It's not so much that it's not made for them but it certainly does narrow the audience. Kicking the guy in the nuts isn't going to help him realize he's not good at the job. The idea from promoters that an audience has an obligation to "support" a particular entertainment or art whether it is entertaining or not isn't a new thing but it is a stupid thing.

BTW: how did this discussion land in the RoP thread?

Christopher was head of the estate.
Ooohhhh, aaaaahhhh

He wasn't the one representing the estate with the show. He was 90. Those charged with upholding the Tolkieness had say. Sucks to be you. Per usual, you are wrong in every way. Tolkien is judged completely happy with the direction of the show. Show still sucks but he's happy. Only the incels and racists are upset.

Ooohhhh, aaaaahhhh

He wasn't the one representing the estate with the show. He was 90. Those charged with upholding the Tolkieness had say. Sucks to be you. Per usual, you are wrong in every way. Tolkien is judged completely happy with the direction of the show. Show still sucks but he's happy.

Projection much lol

Christopher was head of the estate and everything went through him. Amazon doesn't have access to the Silmarillion material because Christopher refused to sell the rights. Thinking he simply relinquished final say because he appointed a liaison is foolish.
Only the incels and racists are upset.

You're a complete idiot lol

Projection much lol
random disconnected retorts much.
Christopher was head of the estate and everything went through him. Amazon doesn't have access to the Silmarillion material because Christopher refused to sell the rights. Thinking he simply relinquished final say because he appointed a liaison is foolish.
Thinking he simply appointed a liaison for no reason is foolish. Nothing went through him, he was dying. The estate had control. The story is in line with their view of Tolkien's intents.
You're a complete idiot lol

and yet you've spent about 50 posts responding. 😆😆😆

Warner Brothers/New Line gearing up to make more Lord of the Rings movies. Seems as though they're game to bring Peter Jackson back into the fold. Even if we get The Hobbit level mediocrity, it would be a vast improvement over this show

Warner Brothers/New Line gearing up to make more Lord of the Rings movies. Seems as though they're game to bring Peter Jackson back into the fold. Even if we get The Hobbit level mediocrity, it would be a vast improvement over this show
I enjoyed the Hobbit movies, are they as good as LOTR? No, but Thranduil was probably the most badass character in all 6 movies and it did have the two most powerful characters face off for a brief moment.