The Last of Us

28 days/weeks later zombies are the most realistic I've ever seen tbh. Technically they weren't dead either though, just "enraged."

You want to try again? Lol.
A loss of control of the left pinkie might be one of the symptoms of Valley Fever.

Everything you described was in the video game
point.jpg

Reading comprehension issue? Most of us did not play the game, so they are doing the show with that in mind. DUH!

Really liked this episode, but surprised at how it was all done one episode. Thought it was condensed well though

Definitely Bella Ramsey's best so far acting-wise

Oh yeah, this is the good stuff.

Could've been 30 minutes longer just fine. I do think having a sequence where David and Ellie fight some clickers together like in the game would have helped the characterization... I like the "you had another gun?" and "let's check on that buck of ours" lines in the game that came from it. But wanting more out of an already good episode is a good complaint.

I'll be the bad guy here and say I thought it was an awful episode. It reminded me of everything that I hated about "The Walking Dead". Stupid people that survive the apocalypse with no real skills while 99.99% of humanity parishes. This town was a bunch of morons that settled in a terrible place and forgot to prepare for the Winter. The people are so inept that they allow a 12-year-old girl to outsmart and outmuscle them.

At least they got the one good dig in by making the preacher a pedophile cannibal. Not a combination that you find in most television shows.

I'll keep watching but I have serious doubts this show will have the staying power of TWD or other similar shows.

Really liked this episode, but surprised at how it was all done one episode. Thought it was condensed well though

Definitely Bella Ramsey's best so far acting-wise
It's only going to have 2 seasons lol
This is where the show differed from TWD. Yesterday's episode would have been an entire season or two in TWD. They encounter a bad hombre and his group and it turns into a whole drawn out thing. And they would have never had a kill em all episode like last night. Another aspect I like was that, again, there were zero clickers. I know Omar pointed out that is what the show is about, but they said the same thing about TWD.

Is the 2 seasons a thing? If so that is a GREAT idea. It is where TWD failed.

As chs1971 pointed out there have been some glaring missteps, which is ok. My biggest problem was the cartoon character clickers and the bloater in episode 5 which almost forced me away permanently. They stay away from that the better they are IMO.

I know nothing about the video game but so far so good and Pascal and Ramsey are excellent.

I'll be the bad guy here and say I thought it was an awful episode. It reminded me of everything that I hated about "The Walking Dead". Stupid people that survive the apocalypse with no real skills while 99.99% of humanity parishes. This town was a bunch of morons that settled in a terrible place and forgot to prepare for the Winter. The people are so inept that they allow a 12-year-old girl to outsmart and outmuscle them.

At least they got the one good dig in by making the preacher a pedophile cannibal. Not a combination that you find in most television shows.

I'll keep watching but I have serious doubts this show will have the staying power of TWD or other similar shows.
These were my concerns early on as well. I have overlooked them for the sake of the overall show but you are 100% right, survivors 20 years in would be very battle hardened and adapted people.

This is where the show differed from TWD. Yesterday's episode would have been an entire season or two in TWD. They encounter a bad hombre and his group and it turns into a whole drawn out thing. And they would have never had a kill em all episode like last night. Another aspect I like was that, again, there were zero clickers. I know Omar pointed out that is what the show is about, but they said the same thing about TWD.

Is the 2 seasons a thing? If so that is a GREAT idea. It is where TWD failed.

As chs1971 pointed out there have been some glaring missteps, which is ok. My biggest problem was the cartoon character clickers and the bloater in episode 5 which almost forced me away permanently. They stay away from that the better they are IMO.

I know nothing about the video game but so far so good and Pascal and Ramsey are excellent.
There are only 2 games and the creator of the games is one of the show runners. I doubt they keep it going past part 2. Although they could maybe split part 2 into two separate seasons for money purposes, but if they didn't do it for part 1, I doubt they do it at all

Pedophile?

Two guys were told to drag the dead horse back to their resort.

A horse easily weighs a 1,000 pounds.

Cannibals must be awesome, but a little girl killed two of them.

Didn't finish the last one, not to my taste. Made this one as far as "Josiah" putting down the gun before going into the basement and decided, this isn't anything new. No doubt the last ep is good, maybe I'll see it down the line.

I'm watching a zombie apocalypse show so I've suspended reality. But please, you need more than 2 men to drag a horse that far through the woods and hills. And while Joel is super motivated and a stud, nobody can recover strength from blood loss / low hemoglobin that quickly.

Having said that, I loved the episode. Bella Ramsey is a terrific actress and has been exceptional the last two episodes. I was expecting Joel to bust in and save Ellie, but when -preacher went to drop his pants, glad to see her destroy him.

So I had a long flight out of country and decided to hold back and binge this thing to make time go quicker while in the air. As a point of reference I am not a big fan of the Zombie genre but was attracted to this thing due to the acting talent at the top of the billing, I also knew nothing at all about the game and the plot lines of it.

Overall I give it a B- but it is nothing special. On the positive the leads are good and seem very comfortable in their respective roles: Pedro Pascal adds a nice twist to the adopted fatherly protector Mando character and Bella Ramsey basically reprises her a-kicking super mature tween character from GOT, both to good effects. I will say they should both leave these things behind for their next roles or else they could move over to type casting. Writing and directing seem solid too with not too many forced situations or pacing issues that can sometimes challenge this genre as mentioned on previous pages. I also have no issue with the gay thing, could be the ways thing morph in a post apocalyptical society.

What I do have issues with is either smart people becoming dummies or dummies' becoming leaders, I would think the smart folks would figure out a better way to navigate a zombie situation than what I saw so far in this show which to me is a major plot hole. Also the creative class in Hollywood seems obsessed with showing "muscle" as the bad guys that just use any means necessary to keep things in order. It's interesting they start the show in Boston which is loaded with intelligent folks due to the amount of higher educational establishments and think tanks, maybe one of those smart people could have made a suggestion to create a team to study a de-commissioned zombie to find out what was going on and fix the situation?
Anyway I will finish this thing up on Sunday but I am not holding my breath for season 2.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the zombie genre but I am a fan of the end of the world shows, including shows like "Last Man On Earth". I'm a sucker for these shows. One thing that has driven me crazy in most of these shows is what @Auggie said "smart people becoming dummies or dummies' becoming leaders". Too many people that survive in these shows are dimwits and would never survive an apocalypse. I believe there would be alot more characters like the one Nick Offerman played instead of the "lucky" people that somehow made it through while making so many bad decisions.

Just read this; "where we’ve heard the second game will be split into season 2 and season 3."

As one of the many that have never heard of the game but enjoy the show, will this give them enough time to come out with a third version of the game to give us a season 4 and 5 of the show?

Just read this; "where we’ve heard the second game will be split into season 2 and season 3."

As one of the many that have never heard of the game but enjoy the show, will this give them enough time to come out with a third version of the game to give us a season 4 and 5 of the show?
????

Writers can write all the seasons they want without any more games.

SPOILER ALERT

What always bothered me about TWD was the moral conundrums that constantly plagued Rick and the group. At the end of days that BS kind of goes out the window. Joel does not have too many moral conundrums and is cold as ice. Between the 1st guard, the doctor, and the woman leader, Joel did not hesitate. I think his behavior is very realistic for how survivors would behave if the world went to $chit.

I also understand he is battle hardened but what he did in the hospital was insanely unrealistic. He takes out two armed soldiers and then kills what? Roughly 20 more as he waltzed through the hospital, never checking corners and nonchalantly walking around corners and avoiding gunfire from high powered rifles in superior positions. They could make scenes like this a bit more realistic.

At least they showed him having to keep picking up loaded weapons. Unlike Herschel and his loaded for all eternity shotgun in TWD season 2 finale.