The Last of Us

Given there's only two episodes left and there's a lot to still cover if they want to be true to the game, what are the chances this season ends on a cliffhanger?

I’m kind of glad I don’t really remember the game. Haven’t played since it came out. I guess that’s been almost 10 years now

Is there a reason I missed explaining why the Ellie girl had no idea what an escalator was but knew to push the quarter slot on 1980s, early 1990s arcade video games to see if a token or quarter would pop out.

You mean it’s hard to find a legitimate actress who is built like a body builder? Shocking.

Given there's only two episodes left and there's a lot to still cover if they want to be true to the game, what are the chances this season ends on a cliffhanger?
Like a true cliffhanger? Slim

Unanswered questions/wanting to know how the characters are going to react to something we know but they don't? Absolutely

The actor who plays David is credited with only one episode on IMDB, so it would appear they will begin an end his saga in episode 8. Unless this is a 90 minute episode, that seems like a letdown. They can build some drama stretching that partially into a second episode.

Is there a reason I missed explaining why the Ellie girl had no idea what an escalator was but knew to push the quarter slot on 1980s, early 1990s arcade video games to see if a token or quarter would pop out.

How in the heck did those video games even work or even yet not even dusty. It had been like 20 years right? Even well kept those things always break down...

How in the heck did those video games even work or even yet not even dusty. It had been like 20 years right? Even well kept those things always break down...
All the zombie shows have to push the envelope just to make it entertaining. I mean we know it’s make believe so whatever…TWD was very good at that…

I see people are still unable to suspend their disbelief whilst actively watching a show about zombies. Lol.
I know.

But decent science fiction should be tied to the possible, and this isn't.

I am not a fan of fantasy and have stopped watching.

I get it. Others like it. To each their own.

I know.

But decent science fiction should be tied to the possible, and this isn't.

I am not a fan of fantasy and have stopped watching.

I get it. Others like it. To each their own.
You spend a lot of time posting on the thread of a show that you hate. Nothing better to do?

Pretty boring outside of the final 5 minutes. S**tty thing to do for everyone waiting on the David storyline.
Believe it or not, the vast majority of the viewers have not played the video game. Assuming that the show was built just to satisfy the game players like you is foolish. They are looking for huge viewership.

As someone who had never heard of the video game, but loves the show, I did not consider this a waste of an episode. Here is what it had for people like me:
- a better understanding of Ellie's persona, and why she is so angry most of the time
- learning how/why Marlene found Ellie
- learned more about what FEDRA is about
- learned why Ellie is so afraid of being left alone, and why she clings to Joel
- They even tied in the book of lame jokes/puns that she pesters Joel with

Summary: More excellent writing and great acting. Loved it.

Believe it or not, the vast majority of the viewers have not played the video game. Assuming that the show was built just to satisfy the game players like you is foolish. They are looking for huge viewership.

As someone who had never heard of the video game, but loves the show, I did not consider this a waste of an episode. Here is what it had for people like me:
- a better understanding of Ellie's persona, and why she is so angry most of the time
- learning how/why Marlene found Ellie
- learned more about what FEDRA is about
- learned why Ellie is so afraid of being left alone, and why she clings to Joel
- They even tied in the book of lame jokes/puns that she pesters Joel with

Summary: More excellent writing and great acting. Loved it.
Everything you described was in the video game

Yes and I don’t think malls even had vintage 80s arcades 20 years ago. There are a lot of implausibilities in this show so far.

I see people are still unable to suspend their disbelief whilst actively watching a show about zombies. Lol.

It is about being realistic with the parameters that are given. Since it is given that these fungus zombies exist we accept that but other things that happen must still remain realistic within the parameters.

Yes and I don’t think malls even had vintage 80s arcades 20 years ago. There are a lot of implausibilities in this show so far.

Very true.... but I could "suspend my belief" in thinking this could of been a retro/vintage type arcade. All of those who were around during those times can surely remember the frustration when showing up and your favorite video game was "under repair".... These things were lucky to last a whole year without something going wrong with them....

It is about being realistic with the parameters that are given. Since it is given that these fungus zombies exist we accept that but other things that happen must still remain realistic within the parameters.
I haven’t seen anything that couldn’t be considered realistic within the parameters of a fungus zombie event. 🤷‍♂️