The 'Hoosier Gym'...In The Beginning, Looking Back 100 Years Ago

It appears that plans are in the works for the entire NCAA tournament to be run at sites in Indiana. In that vein, I heard one of the talking heads suggest that, given the minimal attendance that will be allowed, wouldn't it be great to play at least one tournament game in the "Hoosiers" gym? I think that this was an inspired idea and would be great for all involved in this unique atmosphere.

It appears that plans are in the works for the entire NCAA tournament to be run at sites in Indiana. In that vein, I heard one of the talking heads suggest that, given the minimal attendance that will be allowed, wouldn't it be great to play at least one tournament game in the "Hoosiers" gym? I think that this was an inspired idea and would be great for all involved in this unique atmosphere.

clever idea. But even way too small for an important HS game

Yeah.
No go with a college game there.

Our HS was to play there this year and it, yeah, got canned. Too bad.

Have been fortunate enough to go there once for a clinic. Definitely a very unique facility and experience.

It's not going to happen, but since all of the tournament games are going to be in Indiana this year I would have loved to see the NCAA use the high school fieldhouses such as New Castle and Richmond that have capacities around 7,000 to 8,000 for the 1st and 2nd round games. Should have used 8 of the 10-15 of those sites that exist in Indiana, then IU/Purdue/Butler/Banker's Life Fieldhouse (Pacers) for the regionals and Lucas Oil for the Final Four.

Last edited: