The Great Resignation Is Accelerating

I am waiting for companies to close and hear the Govt say these companies are a necessity for the nation to continue being, so the only choice we have is to make these companies govt owned and have govt employees run and work for them. Say hello to a communist nation. Russia said it would happen without them firing a shot who would have thought.

Knowing one's worth and wanting to be treated with respect have no connection with someone being replaceable or not. I view my self as being replaceable, yet I don't treat people like crap, as I have previously stated. So one doesn't necessarily follow the other.

Now you are just being intentionally dense. We’re talking about employers. In the case of employers, those who see workers as a bunch of replaceable pieces, it is true that they tend to treat people like crap.

Now you are just being intentionally dense. We’re talking about employers. In the case of employers, those who see workers as a bunch of replaceable pieces, it is true that they tend to treat people like crap.
No, just because people can be replaced, which is an undeniably fact, doesn't necessarily follow that they will treat them like crap. This is obvious, since we know not all business treat their people like crap.

No, just because people can be replaced, which is an undeniably fact, doesn't necessarily follow that they will treat them like crap. This is obvious, since we know not all business treat their people like crap.

Not all businesses view their workers as replaceable. The ones that don’t generally have more productive workers

Well then they are denying reality. What happens when an employee leaves? Does the business fail? Of course it doesn't.

They’re not denying reality. There is more than one way to look at it.

You can see everyone as replaceable, and when you do that, you don’t really care if they’re treated fairly because you’ll just hire someone new.

Or you can view workers as valuable and want to make sure they’re properly taken care of because you know treating people well is the best way to make them productive.

I look at this from two perspectives:

1. People have no fear of not having a job. The government has created a safety net well beyond just for those that unfortunately lost a job. The net is so wide that it captures anyone who chooses to not have a job. Life may not be easy without a job but it is manageable.

2. Companies cannot or will not offer attractive enough incentives to keep employees long-term. There was a time in the past that guaranteed paycheck with healthcare was a job that was desirable. Companies will have to get more creative if they want to keep long-term employees.
This is just such a silly take. People don't get unemployment when they quit their job. People are quitting their job and betting BETTER jobs. The pandemic has taught people that they also don't have to take a 2nd job or be a 2nd income if the pay or work conditions are sub standard. If you look at the data, the last people coming back are those in these household "2nd" positions. We are only 3M workers short of the all time biggest labor market ever and we are still dealing with the effects of the pandemic.

They’re not denying reality. There is more than one way to look at it.

You can see everyone as replaceable, and when you do that, you don’t really care if they’re treated fairly because you’ll just hire someone new.

Or you can view workers as valuable and want to make sure they’re properly taken care of because you know treating people well is the best way to make them productive.
Your second sentence is nonsense.

Seeing people as replaceable, doesn't mean that those people will be treated badly. Complete nonsense to suggest this.
No. If you see people as replaceable, you don't assign any meaning to them. Its a piss poor attitude to have towards employees.

No. If you see people as replaceable, you don't assign any meaning to them. Its a piss poor attitude to have towards employees.
So where you have worked, no employees have ever left there? Is it your belief that no one is replaceable?

MMmMm. Frog legs
1634589879009.png

This is just such a silly take. People don't get unemployment when they quit their job. People are quitting their job and betting BETTER jobs. The pandemic has taught people that they also don't have to take a 2nd job or be a 2nd income if the pay or work conditions are sub standard. If you look at the data, the last people coming back are those in these household "2nd" positions. We are only 3M workers short of the all time biggest labor market ever and we are still dealing with the effects of the pandemic.
This is a great post.

I look at this from two perspectives:

1. People have no fear of not having a job. The government has created a safety net well beyond just for those that unfortunately lost a job. The net is so wide that it captures anyone who chooses to not have a job. Life may not be easy without a job but it is manageable.
My wife's friend's stepson hasn't worked for almost two years. He and his wife keep applying for different welfare benefits. They have two children one is from a previous relationship his wife was in. They are getting $70K-$80K a year in government benefits and we the taxpayers paid for his bariatric by-pass surgery so that he could be employable but that was almost a year ago and he's still not working. It's total crap what these welfare programs are doing to the work attitude in too many people.
2. Companies cannot or will not offer attractive enough incentives to keep employees long-term. There was a time in the past that guaranteed paycheck with healthcare was a job that was desirable. Companies will have to get more creative if they want to keep long-term employees.
Affordable Care Act has ruined the way it used to be where companies had not problem providing health benefits. But in the years before Obamacare health care bennies were increasing exponentially and companies were looking for a way to get out of that bennie and Obamacare became their ticket to get out of healthcare benefits. But you still have a lot of companies who realize to get quality employees they have to offer good benefits so you still have a lot of companies still offering health care.
I think the real issue is they are having difficulty finding qualified workers at all levels. Too many people now come in acting llke they are doing the company a favor by showing up even though they are getting paid to be there.

Which is never made up eventually by the new person? Did you ever replace someone? Were you never able to do the job as well as who you replaced?
Depends. Some people's productivity is never replaced.

Right off the bat, your first statement is not true. People that quit jobs can get unemployment. All you have to do is prove you quit with cause and reason. My wife quit her last job and got unemployment. You do not get unemployment if you quit just because you do not want to work anymore but you do if the company you work for is writing you paychecks that banks will not cash.

Right off the bat, your first statement is not true. People that quit jobs can get unemployment. All you have to do is prove you quit with cause and reason. My wife quit her last job and got unemployment. You do not get unemployment if you quit just because you do not want to work anymore but you do if the company you work for is writing you paychecks that banks will not cash.
There is an appeals process that you must go through and it can be long and painful. Everyone who quits gets denied the first time.

My wife's friend's stepson hasn't worked for almost two years. He and his wife keep applying for different welfare benefits. They have two children one is from a previous relationship his wife was in. They are getting $70K-$80K a year in government benefits and we the taxpayers paid for his bariatric by-pass surgery so that he could be employable but that was almost a year ago and he's still not working. It's total crap what these welfare programs are doing to the work attitude in too many people.
Anecdotal BS.
Affordable Care Act has ruined the way it used to be where companies had not problem providing health benefits. But in the years before Obamacare health care bennies were increasing exponentially and companies were looking for a way to get out of that bennie and Obamacare became their ticket to get out of healthcare benefits. But you still have a lot of companies who realize to get quality employees they have to offer good benefits so you still have a lot of companies still offering health care.
I think the real issue is they are having difficulty finding qualified workers at all levels. Too many people now come in acting llke they are doing the company a favor by showing up even though they are getting paid to be there.
Obama Care is not to blame here.