the elder hype?

I don't think so... all they really have is Mueller (not sure if i got the spelling right.. number 10 i think). They obviously have skill, but it isn't anything worth all the hype. Their record and the results of their games confuse me.

They have been fighting 3 key injuries since the oak hills game. One of the 3 players still hasn't played since. Kind of ruins some rhythm. However, a W is a W, no matter how you look at it. As much as people compare scores around here, they don't mean anything. Mason comapres the Oak Hills game, beating them 3-0 at half while Elder only won 2-0. But does anyone take into count how BIG of a rivalry that game is??? Oak Hills got up for that game. I'd say there were 40 fouls called in that game, no lie. They also left the grass 6 inches long. Sure as ---- slows down a fast Elder team. Elder beat fairfield 4-1. Mason only beat fairfield 2-0. Depends on the day, depends on the bounces on the field. I definitely don't think Elder should be ranked above West or Mason until proven otherwise. But they are right at their heels.

Dont they have a kid Meyer maybe something like that, that can chuck the ball from around midfield into the 6? THAT is a weapon

meyer throws the ball furhter than anyone i have ever seen.
whenever he takes a throw in that is in the offensive half, it becomes a goal scoring opportunity.
pretty impressive.

meyer throws the ball furhter than anyone i have ever seen.
whenever he takes a throw in that is in the offensive half, it becomes a goal scoring opportunity.
pretty impressive.

yeah it is but for most high level club teams that is key thing to have

Meyer does launch the ball in from 45 yards out to the backpost on a line drive. It is impressive, especilly when the keeper usually cannot hold on to the ball. This is not normal. I know kids can throw it in the box line drive from 25 or 30 yards out, but no one else in the city throws it like Meyer. If you think I'm kidding about the 45 yards out part then come to the St.X v Elder game this sat and see for yourself.

Throw In

:confused: Anyone with any intelligent knowledge of soccer knows in local high school or upper club level that thefinest throw in the state not the city is at Milford....Michelson,,,,period....arguement & debate is over. Currently #2 in D1 schools on assist & the dude plays stopper.....hello!

The kid can throw on a bullet from 40 yds out......unstoppable.

:confused: Anyone with any intelligent knowledge of soccer knows in local high school or upper club level that thefinest throw in the state not the city is at Milford....Michelson,,,,period....arguement & debate is over. Currently #2 in D1 schools on assist & the dude plays stopper.....hello!

The kid can throw on a bullet from 40 yds out......unstoppable.

that makes no sense if the kid from elder throws 45 yards and the kid from milford throws 40 yards then the kid from elder is better

Throw In

Have you ever thought of accuracy, location of throw, & arc might play into the formula? Eight goals off throw ins in 13 games! Good luck this week w/ your debate team debut!:hello: :hello:

I think this a dumb argument anyway b/c you can't get much better than Meyer...this could might be just as good. Meyer has 5 assists in 11 games off throw-ins. But it is not solely up to the thrower now is it? Obviously Milford must have some good finishers. They both can throw bullets, both are from ridiculously long range, both are pretty damn accurate. So technically, I don't see where the argument or debate was ever won by Milford. Nor do I think it will ever be won by either Milford or Elder. But somehow more ppl know about Meyer than the other kid.

I've seen them both throw it but I'm going to have to say peter has a better throw... honestly they both throw it on a line drive but michaelson literally throws it as hard or harder then a lot of guys kick the ball.

Throw ins

I'm from Dayton and have no dog in this hunt, but I've seen both..the kid from Milford , Peter, is the best I have ever seen!

I don't remember this "holy thrower" when we played Milford...either he isn't that big of a deal or he didn't play...

I don't remember this "holy thrower" when we played Milford...either he isn't that big of a deal or he didn't play...

He was injured for most of the preseason...so chances are no. Just wondering how Milford got crushed by Elder with their great thrower? Was he out or not used? No finishers yet?

Pre-Season???

Yogi Bear.....you can't determine anything from the pre season. Most schools haven't even finalized their varsity rosters until 10 days prior to the start of school.

Just wondering, who has Elder played this year (and beaten) that warrants their ranking?

Regarding throw-ins, I have not seen the Elder player. I have seen the Milford player: I have not seen anything like it.

Elder Hype

X is best team they have played & got beat. Played some good overall teams outside of their conf. I wouldn't rate the GCL as the top soccer conf. in the city though.

X is best team they have played & got beat. Played some good overall teams outside of their conf. I wouldn't rate the GCL as the top soccer conf. in the city though.

First of all, X is not the best team on their schedule. Their schedule is good. I wouldn't say it is great. The GCL is just as good as any conference in Cincy though. I think the GCL, GMC, and FAVC have an equal amount of good teams. Yeah, the GMC has the best team for sure, but that doesnt rate the overall conf any better. The FAVC has those 4 or 5 competitive teams as well as GCL as well as GMC.

Anyways, the shcedule/results are
vs Sycamore W 2-1
at Fairfield W 4-1
at Oak Hills W 2-0
vs Dayton Carroll W 4-0
at Colerain L 2-1
at Purcell W 7-0
vs Roger Bacon W 3-0
at Lasalle W 2-1
at Alter W 5-2
at Mcnick W 2-0 (called 10 minutes into 2nd half - lightning)
vs X L 3-1
at Chaminade W 3-0

Last 4 games:
Inidan Hill, Badin, Fenwick, Moeller

11 games are GCL games.
Alter is ranked DII, and Carroll should be as well if they are not.
Moeller somehow tied Centerville on Saturday.

Best team on Schedule

If X isn't then who is....GMC is w/o question best overall soccer conf. in the city. I would throw Colerain in as well w/ I beleive a 9-3-1 record. FAVC & GCL both have very good teams, but looking at total conf....GMC is tops.

If X isn't then who is....GMC is w/o question best overall soccer conf. in the city. I would throw Colerain in as well w/ I beleive a 9-3-1 record. FAVC & GCL both have very good teams, but looking at total conf....GMC is tops.

Alter is a damn good team, they beat X. The only thing Alter lacks is size. Carroll is always good, they smoked Lasalle. X is always good. Lasalle can compete just as well as sycamore and princeton can...they beat east. So there is Colerain...on the same level as X. Then West and Mason. Elder has already played with West with mostly all starters playing majority of the game(except no refs) in a scrimmage that Elder won, would be a fun game to watch again for regular season. So now you have Mason which is the top team that gives GMC the edge. So saying w/o question is kind of overstating. Yes they have an edge...are they heads above? Have you gone out and watched all these teams play other than the GMC?? I've watched almost every team in all 3 conferences and the only team that separates GMC from GCL is Mason. Period.