The "Dixie" Chicks release new album 'Gaslighter'

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
I've always felt this band was just opportunists looking to make money. No surprise they are dropping their newest album weeks after trying to make a political splash after not having an album for 14 years.

It's their first album under the group's new name.

The Chicks, formerly the Dixie Chicks, dropped their highly anticipated new album, "Gaslighter" on Friday.

It's the first album in nearly 14 years from the country music group. It also comes at a major moment for the group who publicly announced their new name in the wake of America's reckoning with racism.

I'm pretty sure using the name "Chicks" to describe adult women is considered offensive to women all over the world...not offensive just to feminists and women's libbers, but to women everywhere. Extremely offensive and divisive. Not very woke.

The title track is killer, damn

I’ll check it out. I’ve just heard the first single if that’s the one you mean..

I like their early stuff, but only because I had a GF then that listened to them and those were good times. They actually really annoyed me even though Natalie can belt out a tune. Her harmony on Charlie Robison’s El Cerrito Place is something to behold. Then, later, long after the GF, I heard Not Ready to Make Nice and thought that was their best song ever. It’s a great song IMO. Also, Natalie could have been hot had she laid off the snacks. Her voice took away some of her stoutness, but not quite enough.

I’ll check it out. I’ve just heard the first single if that’s the one you mean..

I like their early stuff, but only because I had a GF then that listened to them and those were good times. They actually really annoyed me even though Natalie can belt out a tune. Her harmony on Charlie Robison’s El Cerrito Place is something to behold. Then, later, long after the GF, I heard Not Ready to Make Nice and thought that was their best song ever. It’s a great song IMO. Also, Natalie could have been hot had she laid off the snacks. Her voice took away some of her stoutness, but not quite enough.
I don’t like country music, but I recognize a lot of their older songs. I heard the title track on a target ad in the store the other day and it sounded pretty great.

I've always felt this band was just opportunists looking to make money. No surprise they are dropping their newest album weeks after trying to make a political splash after not having an album for 14 years.

Yeah, I pretty much boycotted their music after what happened. I just don't understand why do the entertainment people (singers, athletes, etc) think their fans need to hear their political opinions. I am there to be entertained. I paid good money to be entertained. I don't need your opinions and quite frankly it pi$$e$ me off when they do that crap. I want to be happy and entertained. I don't want any political crap tossed at my face when I want to enjoy the entertainment. Why can't those spoiled brats (entertainers), get that through their THICK SKULL!

The Chicks have had an interesting career and I have a feeling that there is a lot more happening behind the scenes than they let get out. The Erwin sisters have some strong musical chops and the act originally started as a blue grass outfit but when Natalie Maines joined they went in a more pop direction and she became the driving force of the band including becoming more driven as a voice for liberals in the country music genre. Never really cared for the music as it was not very original and the lyrics didn't speak to me but they became a cause celeb for the coastal liberal elites as an example of conservative cancel culture. There are much better modern female power country acts out there, (Kacey Musgraves, Maren Morris, Brandi Carlisle) it seems Natalie Maines just does a better job of staying in the news.

Had Natalie not gone off the rails that night in Europe, they probably would have gone down as one of the great country bands of all time.

The Chicks have had an interesting career and I have a feeling that there is a lot more happening behind the scenes than they let get out. The Erwin sisters have some strong musical chops and the act originally started as a blue grass outfit but when Natalie Maines joined they went in a more pop direction and she became the driving force of the band including becoming more driven as a voice for liberals in the country music genre. Never really cared for the music as it was not very original and the lyrics didn't speak to me but they became a cause celeb for the coastal liberal elites as an example of conservative cancel culture. There are much better modern female power country acts out there, (Kacey Musgraves, Maren Morris, Brandi Carlisle) it seems Natalie Maines just does a better job of staying in the news.

I definitely don’t think of Brandie Carlisle when I think of female country artists like the DC.

Yappi thinks all country artists are staunch republicans huh?
"Yappi" knows almost nothing about country music outside of HeeHaw and the Grand Ole Opry because I was forced to watch them as a kid. And Kenny Rogers if he is considered country too. As far as the Dixie Chicks, I remember them as being a fairly attractive group that probably would have sung anything that could have made them money. The rising popularity of Country in the 90s was probably a great lure for plenty of groups forming at the time. Just not surprised they made another financial decision with a big splash to get their names back in the spotlight.

I really don't know any of their music except for maybe some song about killing a guy. Earl??

They were much better when sticking to their blue grass roots. Natalie can flat out sing but she is a hateful beotch otherwise ?

I'm pretty sure using the name "Chicks" to describe adult women is considered offensive to women all over the world...not offensive just to feminists and women's libbers, but to women everywhere. Extremely offensive and divisive. Not very woke.
The N word is extremely offensive and divisive. Chicks is not on that level at all. Maybe a few levels below. Don't you know any chicks or broads? Did that upset you! Oh yea.... BLM matters. GTFOH.

The N word is extremely offensive and divisive. Chicks is not on that level at all. Maybe a few levels below. Don't you know any chicks or broads? Did that upset you! Oh yea.... BLM matters. GTFOH.

You seem very woke. Thanks for your insight on the differing "levels" of word offensiveness. A chart of "word offensiveness" from 1-10 would be helpful, if you have any, to assist me in the future. BTW, who determines the offensiveness "levels"?

And, no, I don't call grown women, "chicks or broads". Do you? It's too offensive. Wouldn't you agree?

Oh yea...all lives matter.