Terry Francona should be fired

Indians have to many starters who couldn't make the other playoff teams (Houston, Red Sox, Yankees) roster. The starting pictures have been just a tick off and I also think they get yanked to early so to speak and the relief pitchers have been terrible. Come playoff time those are all bad combinations.

Maybe he doesn't have the talent.

They were a 91 win team in a bad division. hardly a stellar year.

Maybe he doesn't have the talent.

They were a 91 win team in a bad division. hardly a stellar year.

I haven't had confidence in them since they choked against the Cubs. That year was fine because they able to sneak up on other teams. They can't do that now. Not sure about the talent but their BP is an abortion.

Tito's not going anywhere until he decides to.

And he might. His health is not good, so he may decide to hang it up on his own. The other thing is that, as was seen in Boston, the players tend to get too comfortable under Tito over time. His player-friendly style is good, in that players are attracted to play for him and respect him, but over time it seems his teams get a little soft. As good as he is, sometimes you just need a new voice.

I haven't had confidence in them since they choked against the Cubs. That year was fine because they able to sneak up on other teams. They can't do that now. Not sure about the talent but their BP is an abortion.

Right now I see the arms race between NYY and Boston as something that is going to absorb as much talent via FA and trades that the Tribe will need to bring up their own talent more or just flat outbid those two teams.

The early out should be no surprise to the Tribe or the Braves. At times we may see a team with a low number of wins get hot in the postseason but that generally is reserved for teams who were fighting at the end of the season for a WC spot and playing good baseball.

Both those two squads won easily and weren't pushed and didn't necessarily need to play inspired ball late in the season.

Houston wasn't pushed late but they were in a better division, had the A's to contend with and are just that good.

And he might. His health is not good, so he may decide to hang it up on his own. The other thing is that, as was seen in Boston, the players tend to get too comfortable under Tito over time. His player-friendly style is good, in that players are attracted to play for him and respect him, but over time it seems his teams get a little soft. As good as he is, sometimes you just need a new voice.

Now this is possible. I could see him walk away for health reasons.

Right now I see the arms race between NYY and Boston as something that is going to absorb as much talent via FA and trades that the Tribe will need to bring up their own talent more or just flat outbid those two teams.

Agreed. Francisco Lindor is a few years away from wearing pinstripes and getting a $300M+ contract. :dang:

Indians have to many starters who couldn't make the other playoff teams (Houston, Red Sox, Yankees) roster. The starting pictures have been just a tick off and I also think they get yanked to early so to speak and the relief pitchers have been terrible. Come playoff time those are all bad combinations.

Are you serious? Put Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer, and possibly Clevenger pitching with that line-up supporting him, and they'd be close to 20-game winners every year. What a ludicrous statement. Look at the rotations of the four teams and tell me which one you'd rather have. Houston's is the only one that could rival it. The problem wasn't the starters; it was an awful bullpen. The bullpens of New York and Houston from six innings on were lights-out. Imagine how much stronger Kluber and Bauer, particularly, would be in the post-season if they only had to pitch 6-7 innings most of the time. With the weak bullpen, Francona didn't have that luxury.

Firing Francona would be idiotic, but it is worth wondering why he threw his 32 year old ace more innings than any other pitcher in the AL when they had the division locked up since June.

Quite simply, the Indians were beaten by a superior team. There's a reason that the Astros won 12 more games in the regular season than the Indians. The Indians outfield, other than Brantley, was it collection of platooning garbage, including a broken down second baseman. The bullpen is a bunch of guys on the downsides of their careers, with the exception of Hand. Combine this with a bunch of slumping hitters against a quality opponent and you get a sweep.

This team made it through the season by beating up on the little sisters of the American League. This does you no good when you get to the playoffs. Certainly, Francona did not have a great series and his manner may not be as effective over the long term, but the failure in this series goes to issues much deeper than Francona.

Are you serious? Put Kluber, Carrasco, Bauer, and possibly Clevenger pitching with that line-up supporting him, and they'd be close to 20-game winners every year. What a ludicrous statement. Look at the rotations of the four teams and tell me which one you'd rather have. Houston's is the only one that could rival it. The problem wasn't the starters; it was an awful bullpen. The bullpens of New York and Houston from six innings on were lights-out. Imagine how much stronger Kluber and Bauer, particularly, would be in the post-season if they only had to pitch 6-7 innings most of the time. With the weak bullpen, Francona didn't have that luxury.

I should clarify. I was thinking more along the line of the players in the field not the starting pitching.