ten playoff teams on the schedule

wghfan

Warren Harding had 9 out of 10 teams on their schedule make the playoffs. I believe their combine opponents records updated right now, is like 91-33.

The Dock

What would be more noteworthy is what playoff team had the most teams on their in state schedule NOT make the playoffs.
John Marshall only had three who qualified into playoffs, and this is probably the correct answer. 7 teams missed.

Riverview East only had two qualify into playoffs, but Landmark Christian isn’t OHSAA (so 7.)

Last edited:

eastisbest

John Marshall only had three who qualified into playoffs, and this is probably the correct answer. 7 teams missed.

Riverview East only had two qualify into playoffs, but Landmark Christian isn’t OHSAA (so 7.)
Africentric had only one. Oops three. I was looking for eleven games or more played but they had some oppositions lost games to covid.

The Dock

Africentric had only one. Oops three. I was looking for eleven games or more played but they had some oppositions lost games to covid.
Syk's question asks playoff team that had the most non-playoff qualifers on the schedule. South had actually had three qualifiers, and six non-qualifiers.

You got tripped up on the same thing I did in the first version of my post. I had John Marshall at two qualifying opponents, but upon further review Rhodes was actually a third team who qualified in. FWIW, the games that the Columbus schools came up short on were due to the teachers' strike.

reganaustinjames

2001 Walsh Jesuit played 9 games in the regular season, and all 9 opponents made the playoffs. And this was in the 8-per-region era. Walsh made the playoffs too despite going 3-6 and lost a close one in the first round