Team Camps or Shootouts

Are there any colleges in Ohio or neighboring states that are still planning on holding a high school team camp or one day shootout? Obviously, if things open up in June and July. Has any college not cancelled yet is probably the right way to ask?

Denizen

Ohio school teams definitely won't be able to do anything until July. As of now, teams have unlimited coaching days in July and August. Shootouts and team camps will happen then.

flipping4fun1

Once July hits then you run into the fall sports coaches and their programs. This has surely become messy for the sports enthusiasts. All of the shootouts and team camps I had registered for have since either cancelled completely or are hoping they can reschedule for July sometime. What are the chances in July that your soccer cross and volleyball kids show up?

Plus AAU events are at least planning on going on in July. I wonder if people will spend the money and still go to exposure events with no college coaches showing up?

MCGal

Most AAU programs are staying local for July/August running a schedule similar to what they'd have done in spring.... heard tonight from relatively good source that full-contact game type basketball has two potential dates to start ... June 19th (mid-June date, I think it was the 19th) or July 1st which is more likely. It's going to be a mess with all sports competing for kids for those two months and in the fall especially when the NCAA is likely to shift the eval periods to from this summer.

I would find it hard to believe anyone is going to a team camp or shoot out this summer. You'd have to have everyone get test I'm sure the school board would have to approve it, plus no parents could go. I doubt even your top teams could go.

Hback, really??? That's a big liability issue for the coach, superintendent, and school board. Who paid for the Covid testing for players??? School or parents???

Down The Road

Hback, really??? That's a big liability issue for the coach, superintendent, and school board. Who paid for the Covid testing for players??? School or parents???
Honest question..... help me understand the liability if the players & their parents sign off on recognizing the risk and chose to go?
If that was to happen why would the coach, superintendent or board be liable? Not trying to fight just truly understand