TBT / The Basketball Tournament 2020

BlackHawk

Is anybody watching it on ESPN? It's about the only live sports on TV anymore. Winning team gets $1,000,000.

The "Elam ending" novelty works OK for this tournament, but there's nothing more exciting in basketball than the buzzer-beater.

EDIT: another thread on this in the General Board.

Last edited:

I watched quite a bit Sat and Sunday. I'm a little surprised they are playing games during the week, and especially not in prime time. The Ohio State team lost yesterday and very few people saw it. I know this is odd, but many people are still working during the pandemic.

Not a big fan of the elam ending. It was quirky good for the first year or so. Kind of like the DH, ha!!

I watched the OS team go down with no bench the game gets kinda slow till the final score comes on,won't watch anymore games.

I watched the OS team go down with no bench the game gets kinda slow till the final score comes on,won't watch anymore games.
I saw Buford had a terrible game, he was one of the most hated Buckeyes I ever remember.

In case anyone was wondering, the #4 seed Golden Eagles (Marquette Alumni) won TBT 2020 by defeating #22 seed Sideline Cancer in the finals earlier this week. Sideline Cancer's run to the finals included defeating #11 seed Team Hines, #6 seed and past runner-up Challenge ALS, #3 seed Boeheim's Army (Syracuse Alumni), #2 seed and multiple-time past champion Overseas Elite. Red Scare (Dayton Alumni) was defeated by the Golden Eagles in the semifinals. The Golden Eagles were semifinalists in 2018 and runner-up in 2019.