Taylor Ewert - Gatorade Girls T&F Athlete of the Year

I just watched the SEC XC championship on the SEC channel. Taylor Ewert finished 10th for Arkansas. Arkansas won by 16 over Alabama who had 3 in the top 6 but not much relative depth. The announcer also talked about Sydney Seymour of Tennessee from Ohio's St. Joe's Academy. She was expected to be toward the front of the race but Tennessee had a virus-positive this week and did not attend the meet.

That's a strong result for Ewert. She's had a good season and has been the 3rd/4th runner for her team in most races this year. She won the first race of her collegiate career - the SEC preview (not all SEC teams attended). Alabama has a strong Kenyan duo up front.

That's a shame about Seymour and Tennessee. She has also been running well.

Yes, that is a very solid race for any freshman. My experience has shown that it is not unusual for freshmen to train with intensity in the summer prior to their freshman year and arrive sharp. Many race great early and tire as the season progresses while the vets take a more gradual approach and keep improving. I think the Arkansas coach is too smart to allow Taylor to fade by nationals especailly with it being in March this year.

In the men's race Ole Miss went 1-2-3 and lost by 24 points. I was watching and listening for Ohio men but they really did not discuss or show much outside the top pack.

I saw those results but did not see the race. Dominique has progressed really admirably over her college career. There are a lot of Ohioans sprinkled across the ACC results and those were only the names i recognized.

Dominique Clairmonte won the ACC. Wolfpack women won 5th straight title.

Joe Bistritz took 6th. NC State men took 2nd.
She was a beast at Lexington. She still is. It seems like she's been at NC State forever.

In a quick glance at the results, Sam Bush (Turpin) ran well and was NC State's 4th runner. I also saw Savannah Roark (Beavercreek & 2nd runner for Syracuse), Reilly Zink (Granville/Syracuse), Juliette Keller (Medina/Syracuse), and Ellie Brush (Mason/Va Tech) in the results. It was just a quick look so I'm sure I missed a few.

For the men, Gavin Gaynor (Hudson) ran well to take 14th and was NC State's 3rd runner. I also noticed CJ Ambrosio (Iggy's/Duke) ran well to take 16th, Matt Scrape (Pickerington/Syracuse) took 21st and ran as Syracuse's 2nd, JP Trojan (University HS and transfer from W&M/Syracuse), Zach Kreft (Buckeye Valley/Notre Dame), and the brother of who this thread is supposed to be about, Ben Ewert (Beavercreek/Louisville). As with the women, I'm sure that I missed a few.

Brian Bell, the Syracuse coach, sure seems to recruit a lot of Ohioans.

Thanks. Many of those are the names that jumped out at me. It's refreshing to see so many Ohioans thriving athletically while pursuing higher education.

I saw a short clip online of Clairmonte during the race and from the waist down her form was exceptional. It was very compact and effortless. She looked like she was on a track instead of dirt. I don't remember her being at that level of efficiency in high school but maybe she was.