SWO 2020 coaching openings

Batavia job posted today. Went 4-6, 6-4(1 PAT from playoffs), 1-9. Finished the season with about 20 kids(mostly sophs) in pads due to injuries. Graduated 16 seniors from 6-4 year. Only lose 6 seniors this year of which 3 were contributors.

Just passed levy which is building a new HS and MS. Just got turf fb, baseball, and softball fields.

Tough job considering where they stand enrollment wise in their side of the league.

Not a fan of the decision in the least considering the unlucky nature of the injuries this year and the potential for next year.
Especially considering everything Scott has done for that community. Not a good look for Batavia.

Especially considering everything Scott has done for that community. Not a good look for Batavia.
Indeed. My post was as nice as I can say it(and not what I actually want to say) It's been a struggle with how this all has been handled.

I do not get how Moeller decides to hire and fire coaches. They pushed out Klonne way back when (I know he "retired," but he was pushed out).
Agreed that the way Coach Klonne was forced out was bad. But what you may not recall is that there were some discipline problems on his last couple teams and it culminated in the embarrassing loss to Fairfield(#8 seed) in the tournament. I think it was time for a change but I agree it was handled poorly.

They gave alum and college football Hall of Famer Bob Crable a raw deal (basically sided with a player over him).
This was a bad hire from the start. From what I heard he was not the first choice but there was pressure to put him in charge because of his history with the school. I believe he wasn't even coaching the year before he was appointed. He was a bit too old school.

They forced Rodenburg to resign after two state championships.
The two years he won the title he had an awesome coaching staff. They even brought back Lippinncot(sp?) and Klonne to help coach those two years. If you notice after the assistant coaches left Rodenberg's record went south in a hurry. Long term success comes with maintaining a solid coaching staff. It seemed to me good coaches were not hanging around under Rodenberg for whatever the reasons it was the reality of the situation.
I have liked many Moeller people over the years, but I still never will get how the institution of Moeller and Moeller football exudes some of the greatest arrogance and inability to treat people the right way that I've ever seen.

The admin thought they had the problem solved with Rosfeld. You can't blame him for taking the job with a pro team, what a an opportunity! But the Administration dropped the ball by taking the easy way by hiring Nauman. I didn't know one person close to the organization football wise that thought that was a good hire.

Let's hope the administration makes the right decision this time and goes for longevity along with coaching talent and commits to providing a strong supporting cast as well.

Like in business you go out and get leaders with proven results...(Sometimes those that have your number)... Amagine a Moeller team lead by Andre Parker who has done amazing things with limited resources at WW...

Like in business you go out and get leaders with proven results...(Sometimes those that have your number)... Amagine a Moeller team lead by Andre Parker who has done amazing things with limited resources at WW...

"Limited Resources??" Dude Im a Coach Parker fan but that's laughable.

"Limited Resources??" Dude Im a Coach Parker fan but that's laughable.
You are CRAZY if you think WW has the same resources as Moeller...Heck...WW does not even have a real JV team...I think JV played 4 games this year...Wight room, assistant coaching pay, indoor opportunities...etc...

You are CRAZY if you think WW has the same resources as Moeller...Heck...WW does not even have a real JV team...I think JV played 4 games this year...Wight room, assistant coaching pay, indoor opportunities...etc...

WW has the greatest resource any coach needs moron, TALENT. Also I am willing to bet you a paycheck the assistant coaches at WW make considerable more money than Moeller. WW also has a stadium ;)

WW has the greatest resource any coach needs moron, TALENT. Also I am willing to bet you a paycheck the assistant coaches at WW make considerable more money than Moeller. WW also has a stadium ;)
Now Now...Just because you have no clue is no need to resort to name calling...

Moeller has much deeper pockets than WW....Coach Parker gets 25k to be a classroom aid and 11k to coach. Moeller has average football HC coaching salaries over 30k. Just as a comparison at another school with a historically bad football team Oak Hills paid their coach 55K for a made up coordinator position and another 10k to coach...

Most of WW assistant coaches are non paid volunteers. Other schools with decent programs have several assistants that range from $4500 to 10k pay for assistant coaches and coordinators.

As far as talent...Moeller not only can go out and get talent, they have it throughout the school compared to WW as Moeller can compete at a very high level in all sports and they are able to field JV and varsity programs in most....and... has college commitments in most sports. Hell even on a bad team they have several football players getting college money to play at the next level.

Yes, you are correct about Moeller not having a home football stadium...However; that has not stopped them from having success in past years. They also have a solid Booster program to help support activities unlike WW...

Coach Parker at some point will go where they money is at (like Coach Bolden did at Colerain).

You can mail your check in care of the WW Athletic department....Thank you for your donation... every dollar helps...https://ohioauditor.gov/auditsearch/Reports/2017/Winton_Woods_CSD_16-Hamilton.pdf

Last edited:
WW it could always be worse lol. CMAC and DPS Head coaches get paid around 4 or 5k.... have NO resources and a lot of their better players leave before they get to high school.

Now Now...Just because you have no clue is no need to resort to name calling...

Moeller has much deeper pockets than WW....Coach Parker gets 25k to be a classroom aid and 11k to coach. Moeller has average football HC coaching salaries over 30k. Just as a comparison at another school with a historically bad football team Oak Hills paid their coach 55K for a made up coordinator position and another 10k to coach...

Most of WW assistant coaches are non paid volunteers. Other schools with decent programs have several assistants that range from $4500 to 10k pay for assistant coaches and coordinators.

As far as talent...Moeller not only can go out and get talent, they have it throughout the school compared to WW as Moeller can compete at a very high level in all sports and they are able to field JV and varsity programs in most....and... has college commitments in most sports. Hell even on a bad team they have several football players getting college money to play at the next level.

Yes, you are correct about Moeller not having a home football stadium...However; that has not stopped them from having success in past years. They also have a solid Booster program to help support activities unlike WW...

Coach Parker at some point will go where they money is at (like Coach Bolden did at Colerain).

You can mail your check in care of the WW Athletic department....Thank you for your donation... every dollar helps...https://ohioauditor.gov/auditsearch/Reports/2017/Winton_Woods_CSD_16-Hamilton.pdf

An asst coach at WW makes anywhere from 5gs to 8gs depending on years of experience (might want to check the most recent collective bargaining agreement)

Both WW and Moeller have a number of volunteer coaches, I happen to know a few at each school, whats your point?

Anyone (not including yourself) knows the financial compensation at the publics, far outweighs the financial compensation at a privates (including your beloved Moeller), and thats not including STRS.

Moeller undoubtedly has one of the greatest hs football programs in the country, no one would question that but to claim Moeller has better resources: a. In talent b. Financially demonstrates your lack of knowledge on the subject.

BTW, WW has shown a pretty good knack of "attracting" talent themselves ;)

Cincinnati Area Jobs Open - Have any of these positions been filled yet?
Moeller
Purcell
Mariemont
Batavia
Norwood
Shroder
Riverview East
Fenwick

Does anyone have any update on these openings?
Moeller - hired coach
Purcell
Mariemont
Batavia
Norwood - hired coach
Shroder
Riverview East
Fenwick

Not my place. He hasnt made it public so I wont. I'm excited about it. Have heard good things from guys I know around town.
I'm ok, so he has to make it public? Board minutes are released ahead of time per state law. What did you hope to accomplish by coming on here and telling us Batavia has their man, he will be approved tonight and introduced to the team tomorrow? Makes no sense to come on here and say stuff like that.

I'm ok, so he has to make it public? Board minutes are released ahead of time per state law. What did you hope to accomplish by coming on here and telling us Batavia has their man, he will be approved tonight and introduced to the team tomorrow? Makes no sense to come on here and say stuff like that.
I was responding to the guy who said he heard they had their guy. I'd be willing to bet he knows the name too. The kids arent reading the school board minutes either. Not sure the reason for such hostility over waiting less than 24 hours.

I was responding to the guy who said he heard they had their guy. I'd be willing to bet he knows the name too. The kids arent reading the school board minutes either. Not sure the reason for such hostility over waiting less than 24 hours.
No hostility, just wondering what the purpose of your posts we're when you divulge public info that you claim to know. I don't don't understand is all.

No hostility, just wondering what the purpose of your posts we're when you divulge public info that you claim to know. I don't don't understand is all.
I shouldve said they instead of he. The kids dont know who it is yet. Didnt seem right to say who it was before they knew is all.